Remember the hype of the Dead Serious Hoody? Whatever happened to LRG?

Still looking for the Dead Serious pants...I mean my halloween costume has been half complete ever since

i put up a pic on twitter 2 months ago of someone rocking it ... it was that game when the giants first played the cowboys ... i was like
eek.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

LRG is still making big time money for the original founders/owners.....

Almost all streetwear/urban brands are eventually sold to big branding companies, or they start off as a joint venture from the beginning in order to gain sufficient capital to expand rapidly...

LRG never did that, still all privately owned, no clothes line is going to stay hot forever though, especially in their genre.....
Well, maybe not no clothing lines (The Ralph Lauren brand has done pretty well, among many others), but you're right, in this particular demographic/genre tastes change extremely quickly and many of the styles aren't exactly age friendly (meaning you can't rock 3XL all over print at age 40), it's really tough to survive without careful brand management.  

Originally Posted by ninjahood

U know what really killed da hoodie phenomenon over at LRG?

that ridiculous eolf hoodie they tried to hype 
laugh.gif
Pic?  Wolf hoodie?
lrg-wolf-hoodie-1.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by sNc magic

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

LRG is still making big time money for the original founders/owners.....

Almost all streetwear/urban brands are eventually sold to big branding companies, or they start off as a joint venture from the beginning in order to gain sufficient capital to expand rapidly...

LRG never did that, still all privately owned, no clothes line is going to stay hot forever though, especially in their genre.....
Well, maybe not no clothing lines (The Ralph Lauren brand has done pretty well, among many others), but you're right, in this particular demographic/genre tastes change extremely quickly and many of the styles aren't exactly age friendly (meaning you can't rock 3XL all over print at age 40), it's really tough to survive without careful brand management.  

Originally Posted by ninjahood

U know what really killed da hoodie phenomenon over at LRG?

that ridiculous eolf hoodie they tried to hype 
laugh.gif
Pic?  Wolf hoodie?
lrg-wolf-hoodie-1.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Oh my. Lol.  This is the point where you think everything you touch is gold and you lose touch with reality, a la LBJ.

I still wear LRG, but only if I can get shirts on sale..At the Macy's one day sales and Dillards new years day sale I can walk out with a bunch of LRG shirts for 4.00 a pop and hoodies and jeans for 15.00 

Those were the ugliest corniest hoodies ever. its like wayne in the moonboots. thats something i would expect to see on a runway somewhere but wouldnt think people would be dumb enough to wear it in public. People still rock LRG just not like they used to. like Triple 5 soul or stussy or ecko

I saw a large on ebay today when I was just checking out the prices; it was 29 bucks?

Who is hating on their Skate team? Cheeks, Karl, jack curtin, billy marks, tommy sandoval, rob g, rodrigo, tx, felipe and kelly hart and tom asta? I still have my hidden resolution hoody. People werent quite as hyped on that one, but the PSC one Ti had on in his video was sick

Originally Posted by shogun

It seemed to lose its popularity overnight, similar to ben baller.
I still can't believe you fools went nuts over those ugly hoodies they released.  Those nt hoody threads hyped them up like crazy.
What happened to Ben Baller btw?  I remember was big on NT back in the day...

Originally Posted by willsndvl

times change.

and i'm sure some people still wear LRG.

I used to work with a cat that wears LRG everyday........still.

He's probably on NT now....

People saw the paparazzi pics, and they hit the back of the closet that never sees the light of day

i always thought the black one was a dope hoody. i'd wear it regularly, i just never wanted to pay for one.

Back
Top Bottom