Had my mom, dad, and sister... didnt have me though
laugh.gif

All the info was completely wrong. Said my dad was a 60 year old Caucasian man
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

DMan14 wrote:
ashleythetall wrote:
how do these sites even get your info?

when you register for sites (fb, myspace, etc) or sign up for thing, most of the time they will sell your info, even when they say they don't
Spokeo makes a lot of guesses based on the type of building/neighborhood demographics and puts together some informaiton about people at the address based on magazines, mail purchases, etc.  It is also not particularly current.  A lot of the specific informaiton it shows for me is clearly based on the people that lived at my old address before I lived there.  Basically, the informaiton Spokeo provides can be hella, HELLA wrong unless you've lived at the same address with the same people since the advent of the internet. 

I was on there, but it has the wrong address, has my parents' names wrong, and the credit score isn't even close.  Doesn't seem that personal of information if they're just guessing.

it says my dad is white, and we dont have a fireplace or central air but the house we live in is a million+.

lmaoo.

They found me through email and had my location on there.. good to see it was easy to remove

I saw myself on there last night.. nothing serious but it linked my email to facebook and pulled up all the stations I subscribe to on Pandora as well as video games I bought off Amazon
smh.gif
no privacy these days

People getting surpeised they on there and have a myspace and stuff.

I make sure non of my info is THAT available online cause who knows the real damage that can be done in real life with some if the info floating around and being so easily accessible.

The man is watching

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

They make you pay to remove stuff right? Brilliant business idiots.

No they don't charge you to remove stuff you idiot.

Originally Posted by webnerd06

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

HOW THE HELL DO U REMOVE YOURSELF ?

go here ---------------------> http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/spokeo.asp

that tells you

Edit:

scroll down .. bottom right hand corner you see a link for private policy.. click it

fill out the information.. theyll send you a email
follow the email instructions and your information is removed
633824049006071090-SkepticalHippo.jpg

this is wild. i'm glad none of my family members are on there. searching some ofmy friends and the info is deadass wrong.

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

eek.gif
Got my father on there. Decent accuracy.
eek.gif

My name didn't come up via my email but they damn near have EVERYTHING else.
eek.gif

Creepy as @$%+...

This is what they have for me.....some of it's true, some of its 100000% false and some of its based off info from my Texas address and some for my LA address....

Ethnicity: Caucasian
Zodiac: Cancer
Relationship: Single
Children: No
Education: College Degree
Hobbies: unknown
Home Owner: Yes
Residence: Single Family House
Length of Residence: 5 years
Est. Home Value: $1M+
Neighborhood: Middle Class
Number of People: 1