replacing the paper in shoe box with garbage bags....help

when storing sneakers and replacing the paper with garbage bags does it really matter if the bag is white or black? this kid i know said that white bags yellowthe shoes the same as the paper, while the black garbage bags do not. i do not see how the color of the bag would make a difference. please dont jump down mythroat and say its a stupid question, because i am just asking and hoping for a helpful answer. thanks

^^^^O.P. you do not know how 2 make threads. Please re-read all rules before u even consider posting again kiddo.
Welcome 2 NikeTalk 2010

the nah son edit:
Originally Posted by JordanHead21

You've been here 2 months...
indifferent.gif

And he's been a member here way longer than you....FAIL
Nah son. Since you want 2 click on my profile, why don't you check #1 on my friends list, and apply that with my sig, and you would come 2realize you're a baby 2 me
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

^^^^O.P. you do not know how 2 make threads. Please re-read all rules before u even consider posting again kiddo.
Welcome 2 NikeTalk 2010

indifferent.gif

your s/n is mr niketalk and you been here since november? please son dont address me

now i know having your shoes in a dark place will help with the yellowing process

just as having them under light will make them yellow faster but as for the

white and black trash bag thing i really don't know but

if i had to give a answer i would say it didn't matter what color it was.....................................................peace

Originally Posted by crw127

your s/n is mr niketalk and you been here since november? please son dont address me

He's actually been around for what, 6-7+ years now? William Rivera should ring a bell to old heads (I just lurked at that point).

yeah man, Ive never heard of that. I wouldnt think that it would make a difference the make. The chemical make up should be about the same other than the dyeof the plastic

Originally Posted by shoediniDC

He's had a coupla names just like any of the ogs, Sup ill will...
smile.gif
^^^That makes me sad </3 because it is not acknowledged that I am 4 months away from re-activating my og user name
pimp.gif

The dark would block the light transmission more, but if they are in a box, I can't see how it would matter. Just stick them in ziplock bags with a silicapack.

a persons knowledge can not be measured

by the date they started on here................................................................peace

Originally Posted by zongetsu23

a persons knowledge can not be measured

by the date they started on here................................................................peace

QFT

Anyways there was a post a couple weeks back exactly like this one and this is what I had to say about it.....

Seriously if you're this concerned about how to store a shoe you prob shouldn't have bought them.

Either put them on your feet and wear them, or just toss them on a rack in the box the way they came.

I've got shoes over 13 years old that get no special treatments and they're just fine.

You guys put WAY too much time and effort into "stocking" a shoe.

Just my $0.02 cents.

I think you should just wear them, then you won't have to worry about yellowing from paper or plastic, you will have to worry about mud and grass.... HAHA

45 boxed pairs and none are DS

Y'all are thinking too hard/wasting money. Just leave them be in the box without any paper, bags, silica packs, etc. Place boxes in the darkest part of thecloset. If you live in a humid area or must insist on having silica packs, buy DampRid and place in closet.

lol mr niketalk is annoying anytime i post anything he hates!! forreal its a forum stop being a high school chik? n the name is wack to lol

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Y'all are thinking too hard/wasting money. Just leave them be in the box without any paper, bags, silica packs, etc. Place boxes in the darkest part of the closet. If you live in a humid area or must insist on having silica packs, buy DampRid and place in closet.

Read this above and PAY ATTENTION!!!!! If you know what silica packs do then you know they are to absorb moisture and make things dry... what happens whenshoes dry out? THEY CRACK and CRUMBLE!!!! Silica packs are the number 1 NO NO!!!!!!

The reason you do not want to keep the paper in the boxes is for the reason above the paper absorbs musture and drys out your shoes.

Put the shoes in the box with NO BAGS and leave them in a cool dry place, thats ALL you need to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything else is just stupidhype and will ruin your kicks in the long run!!!

Originally Posted by metalmaned

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Y'all are thinking too hard/wasting money. Just leave them be in the box without any paper, bags, silica packs, etc. Place boxes in the darkest part of the closet. If you live in a humid area or must insist on having silica packs, buy DampRid and place in closet.

Read this above and PAY ATTENTION!!!!! If you know what silica packs do then you know they are to absorb moisture and make things dry... what happens when shoes dry out? THEY CRACK and CRUMBLE!!!! Silica packs are the number 1 NO NO!!!!!!

The reason you do not want to keep the paper in the boxes is for the reason above the paper absorbs musture and drys out your shoes.

Put the shoes in the box with NO BAGS and leave them in a cool dry place, thats ALL you need to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything else is just stupid hype and will ruin your kicks in the long run!!!

What he said.

Originally Posted by solesearchin

I think you should just wear them, then you won't have to worry about yellowing from paper or plastic, you will have to worry about mud and grass.... HAHA

45 boxed pairs and none are DS

Good man

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

Welcome 2 NikeTalk 2010

indifferent.gif

Jordanhead21 thinks hes the hardest OG on NT. this fool spends more time on his computer than bill gates

Back
Top Bottom