Report: Chris Paul Requests Trade To New York Knicks

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Not even mad at the Knicks if they do it..but I'm getting a lil tired of players doing this @!!%.

Why?
If you ask me, I'm sick of seeing star players playing for teams/organization that don't do anything to help them out.

LeBron's Cavs talent depth was HORRENDOUS.
Paul's team has been in the dumps for a couple years now.
Williams kept getting slammed by the lakers, Boozer is just a nomad.
Wade had no one else around him.
Bosh had no team around him.
Melo played for a squad that did not believe in him (for better or for worse
laugh.gif
)

I think it's time for a change in the NBA.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Not even mad at the Knicks if they do it..but I'm getting a lil tired of players doing this @!!%.
Why?
If you ask me, I'm sick of seeing star players playing for teams/organization that don't do anything to help them out.

laugh.gif
)

This man knows
pimp.gif

MetroKid26 wrote:
Mr DragonFly Jones wrote:
Why?

laugh.gif
)

^^in that case lets just have everyone together

xcopdx.png

Originally Posted by DubA169

knicks>cubs by a million miles though

Cake you are out of your mind if you don't think this is all lebron's fault. He started this trend. (which i hate)

if lebron went to knicks/chi and bosh went to miami things would still be normal. you wouldnt see this desire for super teams. he started this harbage, the only way to compete is to form a super team.

prob would have ended up with something along the lines of

amare/lebron plus role players

dwight/deron plus RP

wade/bosh plus RP

CP3/KD plus RP
The mavs won because lebron had a damn mental breakdown and disappeared.

He started this crap

Lebron started this?
ray-allen-kevin-garnett-and-paul-pierce.jpg

Oh.

If he wants to go to the Knicks that badly he's going to have to wait til the offseason cause they have absolutley nothing to offer for him.

I still want him to partner up with either Dwight or Griffin somehow...

so we gonna act like the celtics planned things out for 2 years and were in their prime

whatever you say

the celtics taking %###+*+ pictures together and posting "someone's missing"? cuz i missed that part

It's really difficult to have an unbiased stance on whether or not stars should be stuck with garbage teams for years because if you're a fan of a struggling team with a star, you hate this trend of demanding a trade. If you're the fan of a big city team with a shot at getting a legitimate star, you're hoping it happens more so your team can be annual contenders. Look at Paul Pierce. He was a top 10 NBA scorer in his prime n dude got NOWHERE until he got 2 more stars. One of those stars was KG, arguably the 2nd best forward in the league (behind Duncan) and he also got nowhere until going to the big 3. Ray Allen, a prolific scorer and one of the best 3 point shooters EVER, and he was stuck on a stagnant team until the trade. Even tho I hate the celtics since I'm a Knicks fan, I was happy for them to finally win a ring after putting in years of work. And when your team sucks after losing a star, your cap space is better and you get a high draft pick so being garbage only lasts awhile till u get better.

As a Knicks fan, I'd of course love to have CP3 on the team. However, I cannot imagine the Hornets accept the scraps the Knicks have to offer.. at least not right now, maybe if the deadline approaches and Paul has made it clear he won't sign with another team and no one wants to take a chance.

So this is an unnecessary distraction to the start of the season in my eyes. If Paul wants to come to the Knicks, then take a paycut and wait after this season. Save the drama and media frenzy, the Knicks had enough after the Melo saga.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

As a Knicks fan, I'd of course love to have CP3 on the team. However, I cannot imagine the Hornets accept the scraps the Knicks have to offer.. at least not right now, maybe if the deadline approaches and Paul has made it clear he won't sign with another team and no one wants to take a chance.

So this is an unnecessary distraction to the start of the season in my eyes. If Paul wants to come to the Knicks, then take a paycut and wait after this season.
Save the drama and media frenzy, the Knicks had enough after the Melo saga.

All too similar to Melo�
laugh.gif

anyways, let's replay this classic also lol

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Cake you are out of your mind if you don't think this is all lebron's fault. He started this trend. (which i hate)

if lebron went to knicks/chi and bosh went to miami things would still be normal. you wouldnt see this desire for super teams. he started this harbage, the only way to compete is to form a super team.

dwight/deron plus RP

wade/bosh plus RP

CP3/KD plus RP

He started this crap

Lebron started this?

Oh.
Oh? They were trades, they didn't really all call each other up and try to play together, nice try though 
wink.gif

But back to the topic, I don't know how that trade would work out. NYK doesn't have much to offer and unless they get a new coach who emphasizes Defense, they wont make it out of the east. 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I thank fsm everyday for not making me a Knicks fan.
Cool. Speaking of things you do every day, thanks for contributing to keeping the Knicks thread at the top of the 1st page with your insights regarding how much you care about our franchise. We recognize the effort. Good $*$% bro.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I hope the lockout is reinstated.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

So this is an unnecessary distraction to the start of the season in my eyes. If Paul wants to come to the Knicks, then take a paycut and wait after this season. Save the drama and media frenzy, the Knicks had enough after the Melo saga.
Always the voice of reason.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Clone

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

dwight/deron plus RP

wade/bosh plus RP

CP3/KD plus RP

He started this crap

Lebron started this?

Oh.
Oh? They were trades, they didn't really all call each other up and try to play together, nice try though 
wink.gif

But back to the topic, I don't know how that trade would work out. NYK doesn't have much to offer and unless they get a new coach who emphasizes Defense, they wont make it out of the east. 
yea because they werent babies so to say

they did start it though.

the main reason they were a good team is because they played excellent defense which cant be said about any of the other teams...

can someone explain how it isnt messed up for the NBA to trade CP to ANYONE?

Originally Posted by LA KB24

MetroKid26 wrote:
Mr DragonFly Jones wrote:
Why?

laugh.gif
)

^^in that case lets just have everyone together

xcopdx.png

Chill man
laugh.gif
, team up, not gang-bang the league.

i'd rather wait till the offseason. i feel like the knicks will give up alot like they did for melo(not complaining)

People still comparing KG and Ray going to Boston, to Bron and CB going to Miami?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

It's not even close...
laugh.gif

Besides NY and LA(both teams), the only other team I see CP3 signing an extension with would be Orlando.

Orlando would have to make sure D12 is sticking around first though.

Wonder how soon until we start hearing endless rumors about where D12 is going.

But Paul could still force his way to New York and grab that five-year, $100 million contract, according to a draft of the league’s new CBA and a few cap experts I consulted. How? The steps:

• Force the Hornets to trade him to the Knicks  without signing a contract extension in the process. This is the tricky part. The Hornets don’t have to trade Paul, and if they decide to, they don’t have to trade him to New York. Other teams have better assets, and Paul will be counting on those teams to bow out of the bidding if they think he will not re-sign there. Does this sound familiar?

• If the Hornets eventually surrender and deal him to New York, Paul’s Larry Bird Rights go with him. He must then become a free agent , either by declining his player option for 2012-13, or accepting that option, playing that season and becoming a free agent in the summer of 2013. By entering free agency as a Knick, Paul would escape the limitations in years and money that would come with engaging in a Melo-style extend-and-trade deal under this new collective bargaining deal.

• The last step is easy: Sign a five-year, $100 million extension with New York. The Knicks would have his Bird Rights, so they could exceed the cap as much as they wish in order to retain Paul.
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]http://nba-point-forward....d-get-chris-paul-to-n-y/[/font]

Back
Top Bottom