Report: Chris Paul Requests Trade To New York Knicks

Lol i would love to see that, just for one year have all the stars to massive pay cuts and just form a dream team so they can all get rings

Originally Posted by NooEra

I'll never forget the moment I heard KG to the C's. I was
eek.gif
pimp.gif

And I was
frown.gif

Al Jefferson
30t6p3b.gif

The Knicks can't afford to sign Paul unless he is willing to give up quite a bit of money. Not sure where CP3 will go but it is highly unlikely he ends up in NY.

people keep talking about the knicks dont play defense... you really think mike dantoni is staying there for the long haul? No.  Hes not staying there after this year...they did hire mike woodson for a reason and that is to change their stance on defense... and maybe just maybe they can get phil to come out of retirement to coach the knicks... every team he has coached has been tailor made for him to win immediately... so it would only make sense to come to the knicks... i mean he did use to play here and won 2 chips here...

i didnt read much into this thread but saying lebron started the big 3 trend is dumb....remember these guys?
celtics-big-three.jpg

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Not even mad at the Knicks if they do it..but I'm getting a lil tired of players doing this @!!%.

Why?
If you ask me, I'm sick of seeing star players playing for teams/organization that don't do anything to help them out.

LeBron's Cavs talent depth was HORRENDOUS.
Paul's team has been in the dumps for a couple years now.
Williams kept getting slammed by the lakers, Boozer is just a nomad.
Wade had no one else around him.
Bosh had no team around him.
Melo played for a squad that did not believe in him (for better or for worse
laugh.gif
)

I think it's time for a change in the NBA.

Dude got a point. I don't root for the Knicks but I would like to see this deal happen. Them vs. The Heat and Bulls
pimp.gif

Man if this goes down , that means the NBA went from 6 teams which all-star/superstars to 2 with 3 each.

All these teams that these guys are leaving suck now. I rather have 6 playoff teams than 2 champion contenders.

Even if the 3 Celts didn't "call each other up" to play together, you don't think other players saw the success they had in winning a championship together and get a hard on at doing the same?

They started it, regardless of how it came to fruition. I swear, most of ya'll just wanna find reasons to hate Lebron. It's disgusting, and ya'll supposed to be grown men.

The Hornets being owned by the NBA may actually be a blessing for the Knicks..How much money do the Hornets really make a year? It's definitely not as much as teams like the Knicks, Heat, Lakers, Celtics, etc...New Orleans is considered a major city but they don't follow basketball as much as they do football..Once the Saints became a good team, that was their #1 focus..If you asked what they'd prefer, an NBA championship or another Superbowl ring, 75% would say a Superbowl ring..I have friends that grew up there and they told me people barely give a damn about the Hornets there..You gotta remember, they were in Charlotte only a few years before moving to NO.

But back to what I was saying...Maybe David Stern actually would want Paul on the Knicks? Think about it..In the new CBA, they agreed that big money teams like the Knicks would have to share some of their revenue with small money teams like the Bucks, Hornets, etc..So, if Paul goes to the Knicks, ticket prices SKYROCKET, more Knicks jerseys are being sold (because the bandwagon will be stuffed), Knicks sweaters, hats, t-shirts,etc..are being bought up because the New Yorkers believe again, and now the team has fans all across the country. Not to mention the money they'll make off TV deals and all that. So now the Knicks have even more revenue to share with those other teams and everyone is happy..

And if y'all think David Stern cares about the fans, you're crazy..He just cares about the MONEY..Dude was willing to let the season get canceled because he wouldn't budge over 1% even though he just sits behind a desk all day...And let's not forget about how he rigged the NBA Draft so the Knicks could get Patrick Ewing.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And the Bulls are going to fall back to Earth if they keep that core just like the Magic did after they went to the finals.  Bulls need a legit No. 2 and have no cap space to make any real moves.  Unless they are amnesty Boozer they are going to become first round fodder.

laugh.gif
@ this fool right here been watching the Knicks so long he don't even know a good team when he see one.

Damnnnn, CP really wants out.

Louisiana gonna be/is saddened right now. CP3 gave Hope during and afer Hurricane Katrina.

Look at the Knicks man....look at yall.
Like the little brother always screaming for attention, but when the light shines - yall don't do @%#$. You guys are already the weakest defensive team in the East. Adding another defensive-lacking player like Chris Paul ain't getting any further than last year. If your management was really serious, they'd go after a defensive PG like Rondo. A PG that's sets up the offensive to score, but puts defense first.

I ain't even mad at this situation. The NO will never fogive him for this, but that's on him. This merely improve yall. Offensively, It will be a mess between three offense-minded players - if it goes down.

You can call me bitter, salty. etc - but I'm speaking my opinion.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I hope the lockout is reinstated.

Atleast you wouldn't have to watch the Cavaliers play
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Tyreke Evans>Kyrie Irving

So we're going to act like Chris isn't one of the best defensive point guards in the league, and that adding him, the best point guard in the world, would cause chemistry problems for a team that doesn't really have any chemistry?

Oh.

He's not going to the Knicks through any trade.  The Knicks gutted their team to get Carmelo.  They have no players anyone wants (besides Melo & Amare) and have no draft picks.
If top players are going to keep doing this playing together thing, they need to get rid of some of the crappy teams.  

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Even if the 3 Celts didn't "call each other up" to play together, you don't think other players saw the success they had in winning a championship together and get a hard on at doing the same?

They started it, regardless of how it came to fruition. I swear, most of ya'll just wanna find reasons to hate Lebron. It's disgusting, and ya'll supposed to be grown men.

THANK YOU. Hell, they even said it themselves.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6522127

Not certain about the potential logistics of such a deal, but I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. Chris Paul + two elite scorers + D'antoni offense + MSG = good times. And if all that potential Chris Paul brilliance can come at the expense of the Heat, then that's just all the more reason for it to happen.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Look at the Knicks man....look at yall.
Like the little brother always screaming for attention, but when the light shines - yall don't do @%#$. You guys are already the weakest defensive team in the East. Adding another defensive-lacking player like Chris Paul ain't getting any further than last year. If your management was really serious, they'd go after a defensive PG like Rondo. A PG that's sets up the offensive to score, but puts defense first.

I ain't even mad at this situation. The NO will never fogive him for this, but that's on him. This merely improve yall. Offensively, It will be a mess between three offense-minded players - if it goes down.

You can call me bitter, salty. etc - but I'm speaking my opinion.

jobs_perplexed.jpg

What...?

sourgrapes1_2.jpg

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

PREACH!

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Not even mad at the Knicks if they do it..but I'm getting a lil tired of players doing this @!!%.

Why?
If you ask me, I'm sick of seeing star players playing for teams/organization that don't do anything to help them out.

LeBron's Cavs talent depth was HORRENDOUS.
Paul's team has been in the dumps for a couple years now.
Williams kept getting slammed by the lakers, Boozer is just a nomad.
Wade had no one else around him.
Bosh had no team around him.
Melo played for a squad that did not believe in him (for better or for worse
laugh.gif
)

I think it's time for a change in the NBA.

Dude got a point. I don't root for the Knicks but I would like to see this deal happen. Them vs. The Heat and Bulls
pimp.gif
Well, still..it kinda bugs me sometimes.
laugh.gif

Not really gonna cry about it though. My Sixers aren't gonna make it any time soon. 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom