Report: Ken Griffey not to return to White Sox next season

I just saw it on the ticker on ESPNEWS. I couldn't find an article on it yet though, so sorry if you wanted it
smh.gif

ol' ring chasing looking boy
laugh.gif

was not he supposed to go to Tampa Bay at first

Originally Posted by tmukg21

ol' ring chasing looking boy
laugh.gif

was not he supposed to go to Tampa Bay at first
Yup.......but many said it wouldn't make sense position wise or something. Wonder where he'll end up
laugh.gif

go back to seattle, play 1 more year. and then retire so he can go into the HOF as a mariner. the way he should go in. i dont think junior has much left in himsadly.
frown.gif

He does need to come back to Seattle. Maybe bring some talent for these bums we've got taking the field every night (minus Ichiro of course).

He doesn't have much left. A lot of NTers pump him up, because of his sneaker line.

He should return to Seattle, and wrap it up. But he claims he wants a ring, so he should come to my Yankees
happy.gif

My favorite player needs to come to Oakland or go back to Seattle.

But he probably would want to go to a contender, he'll never be a Yankee.

Devil Rays? Boston?

Go get a ring JR, you deserve it.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

He doesn't have much left. A lot of NTers pump him up, because of his sneaker line.

He should return to Seattle, and wrap it up. But he claims he wants a ring, so he should come to my Yankees
happy.gif
5d325d374be42540c1f3cc4289dc69f6d057302.jpg

I thought you hated the yankees
grin.gif

As much as I'd like to see him back in Seattle, I don't see it happening... dunno if the M's are up for making 'sentimental'deals...
ohwell.gif

Yankees? didn't he say before that he would never join them?

this was known several months ago when they white sox first acquired him. they had already decided to not pick up his option back then.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

He should go back to Seattle, play a season or 2, then retire.
That would be the best way for him to end his career. And the Mariners need some serious help anyways.

Kid's still got a little pop but is batting average has been amazingly low for some time....He's had .264, .247, .253, .252, and .249 BA seasons since2002.

Still, he missed about 20 games again last season but knocked in another 90 runs, and had 71 RBIs this year. I agree with saying selfishly I hope he lands backin Seattle but if he didnt I wouldnt be down about as maybe our last images of him in Seattle should be the previous ones. Maybe he can latch on to a potentialcontender and concentrate on DHing

i want him to come back to seattle so bad, but the mariners are rebuilding after a horrible season, and the last thing they need is to take up cap and rosterspace with griffey. actually no, !%++ that, give me back my childhood hero. griffey ftw!

Back
Top Bottom