Report: LeBron considers extension with Cavs

Im in NY and acourse I want him here but I def wont mind if he stays in cleveland.

see this post is why NT is funny. if it was the other way around and bron said he was now beginning to consider NY or something to that effect, this post wouldbe at 23 pages by now. this news is just as big but since it involves him staying put in cleveland, it isnt the major headline the majority of you want tohear. when i made my trip to NY, i asked the locals and the majority said they think he will stay put. the media wants him in NY more than the majority ofNYers i talked to. (NT not included)

we will worry about that when the time comes, but til then, let the beatings continue.

Yeah, so LeBron is going to stay in Cleveland for a discounted price?

roll.gif

being a NY/NJ fan ftL
laugh.gif
Not really... With all the players in that free agent class, I'd be happy with someone else still. Even if LeBron doesn't come, there area lot of other great players in the offseason that can stil help out a team a lot.

Originally Posted by belle155

see this post is why NT is funny. if it was the other way around and bron said he was now beginning to consider NY or something to that effect, this post would be at 23 pages by now. this news is just as big but since it involves him staying put in cleveland, it isnt the major headline the majority of you want to hear. when i made my trip to NY, i asked the locals and the majority said they think he will stay put. the media wants him in NY more than the majority of NYers i talked to. (NT not included)

we will worry about that when the time comes, but til then, let the beatings continue.
c'mon mannnnnnnnn...

just think about what you said

saying that you're going to consider an extension with a team that you're playing for during an incredible start to an NBA season does NOT = randomlysaying that he's gunna consider a contract for a completely different team, in the midst of an amazing season. even if he said he's gunna stronglyconsider playing for the memphis grizzlies, this thread would be filled with comments. a lot of which are going to be about why he's becoming a distractionwhen his team is looking like serious contenders for a title.

There isn't much to say in a thread about "lebron james says he will consider extension with the team that he's currently playing for and is doingvery well."

It's definitely news to read...but how much can u say about this, besides "well that's not a shocker." or bringing up new york like u did.besides that...there isn't anything of much value to add to the thread.

they are 22-4 right now, I dont think that signing him to a "discounted" 17.4 million right now is too ridiculous. Think about it,his option is stay in Cleveland with a team that is rolling right now or play for a team that is worse for a few extra mil.

Yo I'm a NY dude for life. But it's just too good to be true that we're going to get Lebron.
But real talk though.. Lebron don't even know what he's going to do to. He was probably told by his PR guy to say something like that to keep Clevelandfans from starving themselves till 2010. He could easily come to NYK or stay.

Doesn't matter. Knicks got enough bread to sign Lebron & Amare. Or Amare & Bosh or Wade or whoever they want. So him not coming isn't the endof the world.
EVEN though it'd be ill to have Bron on 34th St. 82 times a year right next to Footaction & Footlocker.

So chill Cleveland fans; It's like when your parents found out you smoke for the first time & just to shut them up you told them "Okay OkayI'm never smoking again.".

lol.

consider doesnt really mean anything haha. it just means ill read the number of 0's in the contract offer

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

they are 22-4 right now, I dont think that signing him to a "discounted" 17.4 million right now is too ridiculous. Think about it, his option is stay in Cleveland with a team that is rolling right now or play for a team that is worse for a few extra mil.

A few extra mill? In NY he will be getting A LOT more mill. The Knicks are almost there, in 2 years the Knicks with or without LeBron will be a problem.

LeBron makes ANY team a playoff/championship contender and makes ANY team one player away.

What the hell do yall expect him to say?

That he won't consider it?

Yeah, that would go over well.

He's just going through the motions.

Originally Posted by belle155

see this post is why NT is funny. if it was the other way around and bron said he was now beginning to consider NY or something to that effect, this post would be at 23 pages by now. this news is just as big but since it involves him staying put in cleveland, it isnt the major headline the majority of you want to hear. when i made my trip to NY, i asked the locals and the majority said they think he will stay put. the media wants him in NY more than the majority of NYers i talked to. (NT not included)

You damn right about that...
laugh.gif

And I hope you understand that speaking to a few locals =/= reading into the overall sentiment of NY...but either ways, the Knicks will be better off in2010...

He likes the way the team is structured NOW.... but wants to see them continue to get better....
So CAVS management better not assume that this start is going to keep Bron....
If they dont get another strong pickup between now and 2010 or they fall off the pace ( ECF and beyond)... best believe he will bail... to NYC or somewhereelse...

Thats called being in control of your career... great position to be in...

He likes the way the team is structured NOW.... but wants to see them continue to get better....
So CAVS management better not assume that this start is going to keep Bron....
If they dont get another strong pickup between now and 2010 or they fall off the pace ( ECF and beyond)... best believe he will bail... to NYC or somewhereelse...

Thats called being in control of your career... great position to be in...

Lebron will be going to the highest bidder, whoever that maybe in 2 years.

The problem with that is that other teams are clearing their locker room to make cap space - but he would be joining a team of scrubs. I don't think thatis his goal is to just make money - he wants to be paid but he wants to win.

Rings> $5m extra a season - and the extra endorsements through winning would probably negate the difference anyway.

Nike would probably rather have him win in Cleveland than play for a mediocre Knicks team.

If LeBron does sign an extension with the Cavs then it will tell me a lotttt about the guy. The media is already basically saying he is gone in 2010, 100% nodoubt about it, the only question is where to? But if he really considers it to stay with the Cavs, then that shows a lot about his character.

The Cavs are doing everything they can for him. Whatever he wants, he gets. And if he just bails on them with the snap of his fingers then I will lose somerespect for him if he doesnt atleast give them a chance. With that said, LeBron is the next MJ. He wont be as good or win as many titles, but he has thetalent.

laugh.gif
When LeBron was talking about how much he would love to play in Madison Square Knicks fans were all smiles, now that he's talking extension they aresaying he should just shut up and and play.

SHUGES:
I think it largely depends on how they finish the season.

Sure they look great now. But if they fizzle heading into the playoffs, the talk of him leaving will start up again.
That's exactly how I was thinking as I read the article.

They're winning right now, and looking DAMN impressive doing it.

Let them go on like a 9-game losing streak or something, or finish a month 8-6. Then we'd all hear him talk about keeping his options open and seeing thepotential in the Knicks' future.
laugh.gif

Stephen A. Smith just called this whole thing a "waste of time" and said "hes still leaving in TWENTY-TEN"

laugh.gif
You NY Fans are toooo thirsty. GET YOUR OWN DAMN LEBRON.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Stephen A. Smith just called this whole thing a "waste of time" and said "hes still leaving in TWENTY-TEN"
roll.gif

Stephen A Smith needs to be ostracized.

He's so biased to his HOMETOWN New York it's borderline ridiculous.

He's sure was accurate about Portland...
laugh.gif

It's just a little bit ridiculous to call him a Knicks homer when he has been their biggest, loudest critic the last couple years.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

It's just a little bit ridiculous to call him a Knicks homer when he has been their biggest, loudest critic the last couple years.
And homers aren't critical of their team when things get rough?

No.

That's exactly what a homer does NOT do.
laugh.gif

*team sucks tonight*
homer: I don't care. We can still beat the Celtics, Cavs, Spurs, Lakers, or anyone else if we played them in a 7-game series. We just had a bad night,mainly because of the refs, and because the _____'s play dirty as hell.

reasonable fan: Good god that was embarrassing. We were a shame to this sport tonight. Hopefully we do better tomorrow night. We better do better tomorrownight. I'm going to go throw up now.

*team sucks overall, for a long time*
homer: We're rebuilding for the future. And we still beat the good teams when they come through. That right there shows that we're better than them.Hell, we just beat the Celtics by 14.
laugh.gif
We blasted those overrated bums.

reasonable fan: We're pathetic. I can't even watch anymore. Every night, I know we're going to lose. Yeah, we beat the Celtics by 14. And?We're playing terrible basketball, making terrible decisions, pulling triggers on terrible trades, signing extensions to bums, and we're thelaughingstock of the league.

No, homers absolutely do NOT criticize their team when the chips are down.
laugh.gif
You know better than that.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom