Request: Jordan XIV countdown and/or XIX

I read on here often that the 14's perform the best or at least one of the best. I'm considering a pair, but at the same time am drawn by the style ofthe XIX coming soon. So here are my 3 questions followed by my personal shoe experience so you can gauge what it is I'm experiencing when I'm ballingin these various shoes.
1) if anything has changed with the new version of 14s that would affect performance
2) stability is most important to me: are these two shoes very stable?
3) traction is next. the herringbone(?) tread looks plenty grippy on the 14s, so I doubt it lacks in that dept. But what about the XIX, it has a large flatspot that runs from the toe to the heel that looks like it could slip should I be on the edge (like when I'm getting crossed up
laugh.gif
)?

So which shoe is best for what I'm looking for, and if you have experience in the shoes below, please compare them vs. the 14/19 for me.
Thanks a ton.
On the second question, my opinion is that "ankle support" and "stability" go together. Support doesnt come from how high the shoe lacesup or if there's a monkey paw built in. It's how the shoe as a whole comes together to provide the stability you need that will prevent the anklerollover. Anyhow, that's my opinion.

With that said, here are the shoes I've played in and how I rate them in terms of stability:
a) J's 17: excellent stability, traction left something to be desired (and wore down too quickly)
b) J's 21: almost the same stability I felt in the 17's, but it feels more limber where the 17s felt a touch clunky. The 21s are heavy however. Basically if I could find a J with 21 stability+traction but lighter, I'd be thrilled.
c) J's 23: stability is very good, maybe a touch narrow on the soles to provide the solid foundation I'm looking for. As for traction, its not thebest possible with the gimmicky thumbprint. They're light and feel fast though, and if these had fit me better (tight toe box, and some heel slippage),I'd be playing in them more.
d) zoom bb's: nice cushioning and court feel, but suffers where I need most. They dont feel stable to me, and I just don't feel confident in them. Ican't pinpoint why, but I don't think theres enough support.

hmmmm thats a lot to read but from what i did read i can tell you that in my opinion the xiv is the best jordan to ball in i havent heard anything about thexix being a great balling shoe and i dont own a pair of xix so i cant confirm....the ankle support and traction on the xivs is the best ive had with any shoeand its very stable anyhow thats my opinion

I've balled in both my retro XIV AND XIXs, and I think the XIXs perform better. The techflex keeps ya foot locked in, and the cushioning is flawless. Butthe traction is good out of the box, but if you play on rough floors it gets old pretty quick. The 14s beat the 19s on traction, but I would choose 19soverall.

I only played in the XIX SE before, but theyre my fav ball shoe of all time

the double stacked zoom air is amazing, and the traction is still decent for indoors. ankle support is fine because it has grooves for your ankles on theinside of the shoe. also, the XIX has pieces that stick out on the sides, which make it very stable (not sure if that's the stability youre looking for)

Back
Top Bottom