Resellers are NOT killing the "game"

I put a couple of my older sneakers up on eBay that I don't wear that much as I'm trying to keep my rotation small now. Cats are offering more than what I thought I was going to get with no hesitation. They aren't even trying to get them to a lower price. Too easy. :smh:  :lol:
Seriously though, its the people that are willing to buy them at ridiculous prices that are killing the game. 
They don't want to hear this.

I've only gone over my "limit" like twice in my 10+ years of buying sneakers for myself.

It's not a game. I don't collect to compete with anyone. Thats not why I buy and wear sneakers. I fell in love with kicks because I like how they look.  Sure some of my shoes turn heads, but thats not y I have them.

Been collecting for years, but all I wanted to do was buy and wear the shoes I like. I've watch collecting go from bad to annoying to WHATS WRONG WITH PPL.

At the end of the day, I will always buy and wear kicks regardless of the culture. I wait til I get the prices that I like, then I buy them. All about patience.

Last edited:
I just hate the resellers are the reason I can't ask my grandma to buy me jays b/c they're never in stock in a store she could go to.

I needa turn that love to kicks.

Sneaker "game" lol, only a person thirsting to belong calls buying shoes the "game". Grow up, who cares, keep it moving.

This dudes post and avy combo always have me dying......He seems to be the most synical dude looking down amongst the peasants and laughing with pompous/condescending undertones in all of his post.

:lol:

:lol:

Its simple to end all the reselling... we kill the batman.. lol Nah but seriously just simply do not give in and dont buy from them! They'll notice people arent biting at their price and will start letting them go at great deals!
laugh.gif

but really ya dont give into the crazy prices and boom bada bing next thing you know there is no market for a 10k lebron mvp pack for 2k pair of yeezys like really? be smart. overcome

For those that don't like business savvy people like resellers, stop creating the demand. It's basic economics like op said. Nike is a great marketing company and people fall for it all the time. Do you really need the black/red iv or xi coming out?

when i was young i useto care. but then i realized itsjust shoes. who cares if you miss a few releases. in the endthey are still just shoes...

For those that don't like business savvy people like resellers, stop creating the demand. It's basic economics like op said. Nike is a great marketing company and people fall for it all the time. Do you really need the black/red iv or xi coming out?

This! People act like they really NEED these shoes. Its disgusting, and I work at a shoe store, and I talk people out of buying stuff as much as I sell it :smh:

You guys don't need these shoes. Resellers aren't doing anything other than taking advantage of you.

I have been collecting shoes since 1996. Like many here sneakers are one of my passions. Though the game has changed so much since then my game has remained the same. Whether I have to casually walk in and buy, stand in line for hours, camp with friends, order online, do a raffle, or pay $200 over retail elsewhere I get my pair. I'm not going to let resellers take what I love. I'm not going to let Nike stop me from buying my favorite thing. No complaints here. It is what it is.

LABELS ruined this "community" "culture" whatever other label you want to attach to it as I have stated for awhile.

I could care less about resellers cause I'm 32 and If I can't get them online, my old *** isn't camping with a bunch of old lames who instead of taking their girl out or staying in to smash, drag them with them for an overnight camp out, all the while spending the majority of that time trying to impress the other lames in line instead of kicking it with his girl.

You youngins gotta realize, people grow up. I had a FTL connect from 18-25, never had to wait for a shoe and got it at discount BUT, he grew up..being a manager at FTL wasn't his idea of doing it so he moved on. I've moved on too. The only thing coming out are over done retros of the same old retros of years past. Packs designed to cause impulse buying because in most cases, we only want one out the two.

But, I digress. The problem are you kids, adults and in betweeners who label everything..."the game", "sneaker head", "collector".

We just people who like shoes. Period.

The main problem, as stated before, is that people feel like they NEED the shoes. It's a luxury item, some children in Africa are wearing nothing but flattened soda bottles for shoes..

How I feel about it is something I didn't think would happen. If I don't get the shoe for retail or close to it, I don't even stress it and move on to the next.

The main problem, as stated before, is that people feel like they NEED the shoes. It's a luxury item, some children in Africa are wearing nothing but flattened soda bottles for shoes..

How I feel about it is something I didn't think would happen. If I don't get the shoe for retail or close to it[/S on sale], I don't even stress it and move on to the next.

I just went to cop those Pillars yesterday, and they were knocked down from $180 to $130, which I was pretty happy about....but then I saw the Olympic Barkleys for $130, but I could use my military discount making them $117.

LABELS ruined this "community" "culture" whatever other label you want to attach to it as I have stated for awhile.
I could care less about resellers cause I'm 32 and If I can't get them online, my old *** isn't camping with a bunch of old lames who instead of taking their girl out or staying in to smash, drag them with them for an overnight camp out, all the while spending the majority of that time trying to impress the other lames in line instead of kicking it with his girl.
You youngins gotta realize, people grow up. I had a FTL connect from 18-25, never had to wait for a shoe and got it at discount BUT, he grew up..being a manager at FTL wasn't his idea of doing it so he moved on. I've moved on too. The only thing coming out are over done retros of the same old retros of years past. Packs designed to cause impulse buying because in most cases, we only want one out the two.
But, I digress. The problem are you kids, adults and in betweeners who label everything..."the game", "sneaker head", "collector".
We just people who like shoes. Period.

This.. I did a lot of impulse buying when I was younger(fueled by a bad break up) but now I cop less and less and gave a lot of my old sneakers to good will, really don't care for kicks unless it is something sentimental from high school that my mom couldn't cop for me(31 now) , all the money I wasted but all of this is personal choice so either don't buy the shoes or just be patient prices always drop and when the sneaker bubble bust like it did back in the late 90s-00s u will be able to get what you wanted, everybody eventually grows up/ or lose the passion, it's just evolution hopefully

Back
Top Bottom