Respected rappers you don't listen to VOL. Don't be afraid

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Originally Posted by Master Zik

People who are putting Eminem I seriously don't know how you can be fan of hip hop or even music in general

Dude is hands down one of the most talented individuals in music ever... of course he has a lot of songs that people won't relate to because they don't understand but EM has songs for everyone
What Emeinem raps about doesn't even embody what hip hop is. I've seen the "If you aren't a fan of _____ how you can be a fan of hip hop." used several times but putting Em's name in the blank along with the UGK is two of the most ridiculous statements.

Who listens to Em and says :"Now that's hip hop."??? Yeah he has a lot of skill and talent but his music leaves a lot to be desired specifically cuz he has all that talent and skill. Em's music isn't hard to understand even if you don't relate to it and he really doesn't have songs for everyone and if he does they all aren't great.

What does Em rap about then?? He raps about life for the most part.... songs like Lose Yourself, Mockingbird, Beautiful, White America... and a whole bunch more... his range is wide... he raps politics, life, funny... basically whatever and he does it in a way so different from others and better...
When he's not rapping about his problems or his daughter he's rapping about getting raped, raping, killing his mom or baby moms, talking about his dad molesting him, poppin pills, and the whackest of all dissing pop stars in other genres.

Don't try and focus on the only one part like half his %%+$ aint hip hop.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

People who are putting Eminem I seriously don't know how you can be fan of hip hop or even music in general

Dude is hands down one of the most talented individuals in music ever... of course he has a lot of songs that people won't relate to because they don't understand but EM has songs for everyone
What Emeinem raps about doesn't even embody what hip hop is. I've seen the "If you aren't a fan of _____ how you can be a fan of hip hop." used several times but putting Em's name in the blank along with the UGK is two of the most ridiculous statements.

Who listens to Em and says :"Now that's hip hop."??? Yeah he has a lot of skill and talent but his music leaves a lot to be desired specifically cuz he has all that talent and skill. Em's music isn't hard to understand even if you don't relate to it and he really doesn't have songs for everyone and if he does they all aren't great.

What does Em rap about then?? He raps about life for the most part.... songs like Lose Yourself, Mockingbird, Beautiful, White America... and a whole bunch more... his range is wide... he raps politics, life, funny... basically whatever and he does it in a way so different from others and better...
When he's not rapping about his problems or his daughter he's rapping about getting raped, raping, killing his mom or baby moms, talking about his dad molesting him, poppin pills, and the whackest of all dissing pop stars in other genres.

Don't try and focus on the only one part like half his %%+$ aint hip hop.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by ninjahood

IKnowRap wrote:
Pac(did when i was younger)
anybody from WUTANG
East Coast OG's, RAKIM, Kool G Rap KRS-One Redman
, Eric Sermon etc etc
The Game
Kid Cudi
Gucci Mane
Wiz khalifia
Houston Rappers with the exception of UGK and Scarface and maybe a lil Slim Thug

Has Beens that just should quit:
B.G. and Juve (making trash since they left CMB)
Camron
Jadakiss

Busta Rhymes

fixed.

Seriously what?
laugh.gif
Dude lists every artist out there and then throws them off a bridge

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

Now I see why y'all don't like based god like that. Like, you have to have the past in you to truly appreciate/give the future a chance. Allot of you dudes "think" you know what real hip hop is and act like elitist with no background.

QFT

This.

ALSO, I don't listen to a lot of the artists from the 90s. Sorry. I just don't. I wasn't raised on it and I dont have time to go back and appreciate all of that. There were tons of great music that I missed out on but you telling me the significance of it when I don't naturally appreciate it, isn't going to help. I'm only 22. Let me live. I know what I like.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by ninjahood

IKnowRap wrote:
Pac(did when i was younger)
anybody from WUTANG
East Coast OG's, RAKIM, Kool G Rap KRS-One Redman
, Eric Sermon etc etc
The Game
Kid Cudi
Gucci Mane
Wiz khalifia
Houston Rappers with the exception of UGK and Scarface and maybe a lil Slim Thug

Has Beens that just should quit:
B.G. and Juve (making trash since they left CMB)
Camron
Jadakiss

Busta Rhymes

fixed.

Seriously what?
laugh.gif
Dude lists every artist out there and then throws them off a bridge

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

Now I see why y'all don't like based god like that. Like, you have to have the past in you to truly appreciate/give the future a chance. Allot of you dudes "think" you know what real hip hop is and act like elitist with no background.

QFT

This.

ALSO, I don't listen to a lot of the artists from the 90s. Sorry. I just don't. I wasn't raised on it and I dont have time to go back and appreciate all of that. There were tons of great music that I missed out on but you telling me the significance of it when I don't naturally appreciate it, isn't going to help. I'm only 22. Let me live. I know what I like.

Here's mine:
Pretty Much All East Coast Rappers except: Biggie, Diddy & The Family (Early Stuff), Jay-Z, Juelz Santana, Loso, Vado (starting to like him) and there's probably a few more)
Snoop (maybe older stuff though)
Ice Cube
2pac (never saw the hype with him)
Most West Coast with the exception of Nipsey Hussle, Game, Dom Kennedy (haven't heard a lot from him but willing to give a listen)
Lil' Flip (Underground Legend was
pimp.gif
, after hearing U Gotta Feel Me I was done with him)
Eminem
Three 6 Mafia
Luda

Pretty sure there's more but I can't think of all of them right now

Here's mine:
Pretty Much All East Coast Rappers except: Biggie, Diddy & The Family (Early Stuff), Jay-Z, Juelz Santana, Loso, Vado (starting to like him) and there's probably a few more)
Snoop (maybe older stuff though)
Ice Cube
2pac (never saw the hype with him)
Most West Coast with the exception of Nipsey Hussle, Game, Dom Kennedy (haven't heard a lot from him but willing to give a listen)
Lil' Flip (Underground Legend was
pimp.gif
, after hearing U Gotta Feel Me I was done with him)
Eminem
Three 6 Mafia
Luda

Pretty sure there's more but I can't think of all of them right now

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Oh, add Flo-Rida too. Just not my style.
roll.gif
@ the thought of me getting into someones car and they're listening to flo-rida.  i don't think anyone takes him serious man.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Oh, add Flo-Rida too. Just not my style.
roll.gif
@ the thought of me getting into someones car and they're listening to flo-rida.  i don't think anyone takes him serious man.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

This thread explains a lot.

I could see if you just don't like the rapper but kids in here are saying they havent listen to most goats. How you by pass Life after Death and jump straight to Base God????

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

This thread explains a lot.

I could see if you just don't like the rapper but kids in here are saying they havent listen to most goats. How you by pass Life after Death and jump straight to Base God????

What's SOOOOO good about Bun B??

I swear EVERY verse of his I hear sounds like the LAST verse...

And he just has that 'playa-hatin-Uncle' soundin voice...

What's SOOOOO good about Bun B??

I swear EVERY verse of his I hear sounds like the LAST verse...

And he just has that 'playa-hatin-Uncle' soundin voice...

^ yea theres something about bun bs voice but he ight, havent really to much tho
Originally Posted by taimaishu123

nas.

dont think i have ever heard illmatic. maybe a song or 2 off the CD but not the whole thing.

poor child, all of you who havent listen to Nasir Jones dont know hip hop

I got to listening to j cole more tho, I just heard all I want is you 
pimp.gif

^ yea theres something about bun bs voice but he ight, havent really to much tho
Originally Posted by taimaishu123

nas.

dont think i have ever heard illmatic. maybe a song or 2 off the CD but not the whole thing.

poor child, all of you who havent listen to Nasir Jones dont know hip hop

I got to listening to j cole more tho, I just heard all I want is you 
pimp.gif

Yeah, this thread really does explain a lot. How is dudes name iknowrap but doesn't like any OG's? How can dude like all Wu solos but Rae's?

Yeah, this thread really does explain a lot. How is dudes name iknowrap but doesn't like any OG's? How can dude like all Wu solos but Rae's?

Back
Top Bottom