Respected rappers you don't listen to VOL. Don't be afraid

Originally Posted by YardFather

How anyone can claim to be a fan of hip hop music and not listen to/and or like Ghostface is just utterly baffling to me.

WHAT?! this is prolly the dumbest @%%! i ever %+%!#% read on this site... ghostface? that $+$%* aint epitome of @%%!... @+%% outta here....stop smokin that dust

Now I see why y'all don't like based god like that. Like, you have to have the past in you to truly appreciate/give the future a chance. Allot of you dudes "think" you know what real hip hop is and act like elitist with no background.

Now I see why y'all don't like based god like that. Like, you have to have the past in you to truly appreciate/give the future a chance. Allot of you dudes "think" you know what real hip hop is and act like elitist with no background.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

- Boot Camp Clik (I #+$$ with Enta Da Stage, Da Shinin... That's about it)
-M.O.P.
UGK (I think they are VERY overrated)

indifferent.gif

Why are people listing Gucci? He is NOT respected
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Bun B (Pimp C was way better than Bun. Hip Hop has given him a lot of sympathy since Pimp's passing)
Boy stop.
Originally Posted by ninjahood

IKnowRap wrote:

fixed.

QFT.

If you saw a post about respected NBA players who you never would want to play like you'd probably see: John Stockton (and almost every good white player
laugh.gif
), Karl Malone, and maybe Paul Pierce and any players pre-90's.

You probably just don't relate to the style aka 'swag' of the artists you listed.

A lot of rap has always been (but especially nowadays) very image-oriented. People want to be like the rappers they listen to, at least momentarily. A lot of people are posting Andre 3000, Eminem, MF Doom, Lupe, Joe Budden etc. all GREAT ARTISTS but they don't really embody that ultra alpha-male machismo that is so valued in rap. They're emotional, in touch with their feelings, vulnerable. That tends to go hand-in-hand with a more experimental, eclectic sound and imagery. A lot of people don't like that, at least from their hip-hop. Drake is really the only one I've seen successfully get the approval of (almost) everyone being as in touch with his emotions as he is. That's why his story is more fascinating and groundbreaking than he gets credit for.

I know A LOT of people who say, "Nas puts me to sleep, I can't listen to him." I know what they're saying and I'd be lying if I said I didn't listen to WAY MORE Jay-Z. Nas is a street poet. A lot of rap fans don't like poetry, or anything close to it.

A good portion of people use rap to evoke a certain emotion of invincibility. That's why rap is so powerful.

If you saw a post about respected NBA players who you never would want to play like you'd probably see: John Stockton (and almost every good white player
laugh.gif
), Karl Malone, and maybe Paul Pierce and any players pre-90's.

You probably just don't relate to the style aka 'swag' of the artists you listed.

A lot of rap has always been (but especially nowadays) very image-oriented. People want to be like the rappers they listen to, at least momentarily. A lot of people are posting Andre 3000, Eminem, MF Doom, Lupe, Joe Budden etc. all GREAT ARTISTS but they don't really embody that ultra alpha-male machismo that is so valued in rap. They're emotional, in touch with their feelings, vulnerable. That tends to go hand-in-hand with a more experimental, eclectic sound and imagery. A lot of people don't like that, at least from their hip-hop. Drake is really the only one I've seen successfully get the approval of (almost) everyone being as in touch with his emotions as he is. That's why his story is more fascinating and groundbreaking than he gets credit for.

I know A LOT of people who say, "Nas puts me to sleep, I can't listen to him." I know what they're saying and I'd be lying if I said I didn't listen to WAY MORE Jay-Z. Nas is a street poet. A lot of rap fans don't like poetry, or anything close to it.

A good portion of people use rap to evoke a certain emotion of invincibility. That's why rap is so powerful.

How anyone can claim to be a fan of hip hop music and not listen to/and or like Ghostface is just utterly baffling to me.
ghostface is 
pimp.gif

ima have to say budden, the thing is i have his mixtapes just dont ever get around to listening except a few songs

ghostface is 
pimp.gif

ima have to say budden, the thing is i have his mixtapes just dont ever get around to listening except a few songs

outside of nas, lauryn hill , and wu tang i really cant rock with most of the artists that end up on the rock the bells lineup. same goes with most of those "backpack rappers".

outside of nas, lauryn hill , and wu tang i really cant rock with most of the artists that end up on the rock the bells lineup. same goes with most of those "backpack rappers".

Clipse (Not a fan at all)

Lil Wayne (See Clipse)

Drake (See Wayne)

Wiz Khalifa (Wack IMO)

Blu & Exile (Never really got into it)

Gucci Mane (Nuff Said)

Wu Tang Clan (Overrated IMO)

MF Doom (See Wu Tang)

Cassidy (Stopped listening. He fell off)

Clipse (Not a fan at all)

Lil Wayne (See Clipse)

Drake (See Wayne)

Wiz Khalifa (Wack IMO)

Blu & Exile (Never really got into it)

Gucci Mane (Nuff Said)

Wu Tang Clan (Overrated IMO)

MF Doom (See Wu Tang)

Cassidy (Stopped listening. He fell off)

krs one. if you wanna call him the goat, i got no problem with that but aside from a couple songs here and there i dont listen to him

krs one. if you wanna call him the goat, i got no problem with that but aside from a couple songs here and there i dont listen to him

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

WHAT?! this is prolly the dumbest @%%! i ever %+%!#% read on this site... ghostface? that $+$%* aint epitome of @%%!... @+%% outta here....stop smokin that dust

ghostface.jpg

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

ghostface.jpg

Jay-Z
Eminem
Wayne (after Tha Carter 2)
Drake and his fake wife
Luda
All of So Icy

I'm sure there's a lot more I could name... eff it. All I really listen to these days is Trill Entertainment and Dipset in their prime.

Jay-Z
Eminem
Wayne (after Tha Carter 2)
Drake and his fake wife
Luda
All of So Icy

I'm sure there's a lot more I could name... eff it. All I really listen to these days is Trill Entertainment and Dipset in their prime.

Back
Top Bottom