Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

• 2 Pear

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this ha been mentioned..... But 432001 001 is the code for the Banneds

This code starts with 555088 which the IDENTICAL start code for the SBB so put me down for saying these are NOT Banneds just a bred color way with the SBB quality

Not sure if this ha been mentioned..... But 432001 001 is the code for the Banneds

This code starts with 555088 which the IDENTICAL start code for the SBB so put me down for saying these are NOT Banneds just a bred color way with the SBB quality
Some good sleuthing

Here's the thing...

The original shoe that started the "ban" campaign from David Stern and Russ Granik in 1984-'85 was the Black/Red Air Ship that MJ wore during the pre-season against the New York Knicks around October 15-18, 1984. In Feb of '85, Granik wrote a letter addressed to Nike that they were going to prohibit "the wearing of certain red and black Nike basketball shoes by Chicago Bulls player Michael Jordan..."

The actual "banned" shoe was NOT the Air Jordan 1. It was the Nike Air Ship, a shoe that has never been retro'd.

Wouldn't that be something if the pair that releases on 9/3/16 is an OG remastered version of the Black/Red Nike Air Ship that MJ rocked in '84 instead of the Banned 1s that dropped in '11. Instead of calling it "Nike Air Ship", they should simply called it "Air Jordan Banned OG," because it is in fact literally an "original."

View media item 1852199

Last edited:

Here's the thing...

The original shoe that started the "ban" campaign from David Stern and Russ Granik in 1984-'85 was the Black/Red Air Ship that MJ wore during the pre-season against the New York Knicks around October 15-18, 1984. In Feb of '85, Granik wrote a letter addressed to Nike that they were going to prohibit "the wearing of certain red and black Nike basketball shoes by Chicago Bulls player Michael Jordan..."

The actual "banned" shoe was NOT the Air Jordan 1. It was the Nike Air Ship, a shoe that has never been retro'd.

Wouldn't that be something if the pair that releases on 9/3/16 is an OG remastered version of the Black/Red Nike Air Ship that MJ rocked in '84 instead of the Banned 1s that dropped in '11. Instead of calling it "Nike Air Ship", they should simply called it "Air Jordan Banned OG," because it is in fact literally an "original."

View media item 1852199
THIS needs to happen.. Hype will be through the roof if it is indeed the Air Ships

Air Jordan Banned OG (aka Black/Red Nike Air Ship)

So LET THE HYPE BEGIN...

If more people talk about it, who knows....Nike may listen and actually do it. After all, I highly doubt they've begun final production and QC/QA for the rumored Banned 1s. We're still a solid 9 full months away from RD.

I respect the Nike air ship and its history, but I would never but unless I had a spare $50, and needed just a pair of shoes.

Last edited:

Here's the thing...

View media item 1852199
Said this earlier in the Black and Red 1 thread I created, it would make no sense for them to do the "Banned" 1 again because people (if they done their research) should know. J23app already changed it from "Banned" to "Remastered" on the app but left the "Banned" nickname in the description.

Wow huge plot twist there....Google is very powerful now everybody knows the breds were not banned and it was the ships...I got a feeling now this is gonna be it. IN for the attempt which ever drops

I agree with you on this, not the "Banned" 1s but the Black and Red 1s

These kicks are releasing on my Birthday. :smokin Hopefully I can get a pair.

I'm in. These are one of three pairs that I truly want that were super difficult to get back when they retroed. I already have my aquas, looking forward to these and hopfuly a new pair of flint 13s. Then I can stop hunting for a good while.

If these are the air ships I am going to be super mad. I want black and red 1's again!!! (but more comfortable so my feet don't kill me when I wear them) 
nthat.gif

Honestly i think its too good to be true as we all know JB always has some sort of trick up their sleeve...just like many retros that we believe come back but then they release and somethings off...

That being said, I DO believe Nike / JB is doing a great job re-releasing the 1s in 94' type packaging/quality. (I STILL think the SBBs were the best 1 they released in the last 5 years)

So if these come back like in similar fashion that poll on the top of the page might have to say "3 pairs + for no reason at all"

I gotta have these. These and probably Chicago 2's and I'm out.

Btw, there are too many threads on these. Hoping mods would shut the others down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom