RIM Trying To Step It Up! Will They Rise? Vol. Or Fall Of The Rim Company On The Rise?

Why is it that BB lovers always talk about its keyboard and BBM, thats it? Seriously, to love the product is cool and I knock no one for it, but face the facts. it is an inferior product. I hope they can build a better product that can compete, but we will see. My money is on its end.

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Why is it that BB lovers always talk about its keyboard and BBM, thats it? Seriously, to love the product is cool and I knock no one for it, but face the facts. it is an inferior product. I hope they can build a better product that can compete, but we will see. My money is on its end.
as far as inferior, i gotta step in on this one. i had the iphone 4 for four months so i can only compare my bb with the current iphone (unlike some folks who have never owned or used a bb in their life).
here's my list of why i returned back to bb torch:
-phone call quality. speaker phone is better too.
-phone call making-ability (i prefer to use one hand, unlock the phone by sliding it up, hold one button down for 1 second and have my phone call connect (without coming close to dropping my phone). with the iphone, you gotta use two hands, one to hold the phone, the other to slide the screen to unlock. then you hit the phone icon. and if you're not on your speed dial screen already, you press that icon. then you press the name of the person you have preset for speed dial). it sounds like nitpicking but making a phone call while walking or driving on the iphone is damn near impossible and dangerous.
-battery life. i was constantly double clicking the home button on the iphone to close out apps so i could get through half a day without the "20% battery" warning.
-push email. this goes back to battery life. i did not realize how great the push email was on bb until i left it
-texting, typing, etc., this is a matter of preference. texting on a touchscreen was not made for me so i dont ever see myself trying out a droid because of this.

here's why bb is losing everyday consumers:
-internet surfing BLOWS on any bb. the OS is seriously TI-82 status lol
-screen/resolution quality BLOWS on any bb.
-apps on app world BLOWS

browsing the internet on a bb
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

as far as inferior, i gotta step in on this one. i had the iphone 4 for four months so i can only compare my bb with the current iphone (unlike some folks who have never owned or used a bb in their life).
here's my list of why i returned back to bb torch:
-phone call quality. speaker phone is better too.
-phone call making-ability (i prefer to use one hand, unlock the phone by sliding it up, hold one button down for 1 second and have my phone call connect (without coming close to dropping my phone). with the iphone, you gotta use two hands, one to hold the phone, the other to slide the screen to unlock. then you hit the phone icon. and if you're not on your speed dial screen already, you press that icon. then you press the name of the person you have preset for speed dial). it sounds like nitpicking but making a phone call while walking or driving on the iphone is damn near impossible and dangerous.
-battery life. i was constantly double clicking the home button on the iphone to close out apps so i could get through half a day without the "20% battery" warning.
-push email. this goes back to battery life. i did not realize how great the push email was on bb until i left it
-texting, typing, etc., this is a matter of preference. texting on a touchscreen was not made for me so i dont ever see myself trying out a droid because of this.

here's why bb is losing everyday consumers:
-internet surfing BLOWS on any bb. the OS is seriously TI-82 status lol
-screen/resolution quality BLOWS on any bb.
-apps on app world BLOWS

If you wanna be technical, yeah its inferior specs wise.
But some people just need the basics. The Blackberry has the best keyboard IMO, other keyboards, especially on phones like the G2 feel awkward to hold. Add that with subperb battery life and I got a dependable, solid phone. The basics, thats all ive been trying to say. 
laugh.gif

But some people just need the basics. The Blackberry has the best keyboard IMO, other keyboards, especially on phones like the G2 feel awkward to hold. Add that with subperb battery life and I got a dependable, solid phone. The basics, thats all ive been trying to say. 
laugh.gif

+@%@ still looks all the same. BB fell off and is still gonna fall off until they redo their whole OS and UI IMO

there are still BB fans out there, trust they will come back to it when they get it right.

+@%@ still looks all the same. BB fell off and is still gonna fall off until they redo their whole OS and UI IMO

there are still BB fans out there, trust they will come back to it when they get it right.

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by al3x89

without BBM, blackberry would be nothing. not even the keyboard would save it.

iPhones and Androids are great for people who want to play games and install 1000's of useless/worthless apps.

BlackBerry is for people who use their phone to actually get work done.

nothing compares to BlackBerry in enterprise. BlackBerry on BES runs circles around iPhone and Android.
u mad im playing doodle jump? yea u mad

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by al3x89

without BBM, blackberry would be nothing. not even the keyboard would save it.

iPhones and Androids are great for people who want to play games and install 1000's of useless/worthless apps.

BlackBerry is for people who use their phone to actually get work done.

nothing compares to BlackBerry in enterprise. BlackBerry on BES runs circles around iPhone and Android.
u mad im playing doodle jump? yea u mad

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by kidUFC

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

RIM haters are idiots IMO.

Name a phone with a keyboard right now better than a BlackBerry.

Consumers are very selfish in their opinions of others.
palm pre >>>>> BB

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That phone is trash
laugh.gif

Palm pre hardware is trash, however their WebOS is very intuitive and is the reason why I'm waiting for a Palm WebOS tablet from HP, cause I want a tablet that is really intuitive and just works out the box and WebOS is that intuitive OS I need .I'll still consider Honeycomb and maybe the playbook. Depending on which one works well with me instead of against me which is the ipad.

Martias Durate who designed the WebOS is now designing for Android and some of his work is in Gingerbread and all of his design elements are in Honeycomb. Dude actually did "DA" Sidekick UI for Danger and Helio UI as well. Don't knock WebOS till you've tried it.

For Blackberry these editions of their new product like don't "LOOK" to bad however if they don't start looking ahead of the game expect them to be Like Palm buyout in 1-2 years from now.
Seriously, Same goes for Nokia which is really doing terrible.

palm pre >>>>> BB

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That phone is trash
laugh.gif

Palm pre hardware is trash, however their WebOS is very intuitive and is the reason why I'm waiting for a Palm WebOS tablet from HP, cause I want a tablet that is really intuitive and just works out the box and WebOS is that intuitive OS I need .I'll still consider Honeycomb and maybe the playbook. Depending on which one works well with me instead of against me which is the ipad.

Martias Durate who designed the WebOS is now designing for Android and some of his work is in Gingerbread and all of his design elements are in Honeycomb. Dude actually did "DA" Sidekick UI for Danger and Helio UI as well. Don't knock WebOS till you've tried it.

For Blackberry these editions of their new product like don't "LOOK" to bad however if they don't start looking ahead of the game expect them to be Like Palm buyout in 1-2 years from now.
Seriously, Same goes for Nokia which is really doing terrible.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

palm pre >>>>> BB

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That phone is trash
laugh.gif

webOS ... but dont knock the palm pre till youve tried it and get use to it. (magundai)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sooo smooth, reason why im not using update to get an evo. it does everythin i need and more.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

palm pre >>>>> BB

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That phone is trash
laugh.gif

webOS ... but dont knock the palm pre till youve tried it and get use to it. (magundai)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sooo smooth, reason why im not using update to get an evo. it does everythin i need and more.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SlimK4

No idiot here

Folks in the US are just not up on Nokia's like that anymore....

And THIS phone is STILL not comparing to iphone/android phones 
laugh.gif

Lol?  The space bar isn't even in the center
sick.gif
, not to mention you don't need two hands to text on the Tour...

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

My touch pro 2 has a better FULL QWERTY keyboard, as did my original Touch Pro.
My windows Pro 7 will too.

I guess it's just preference because I can understand why you'd like the mytouch pro 2 keyboard, but I still believe my Tour has a better qwerty keyboard because it's usable with one hand, the keys aren't hard to press down, and they aren't too cramped or spaced apart...

Originally Posted by SlimK4

No idiot here

Folks in the US are just not up on Nokia's like that anymore....

And THIS phone is STILL not comparing to iphone/android phones 
laugh.gif

Lol?  The space bar isn't even in the center
sick.gif
, not to mention you don't need two hands to text on the Tour...

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

My touch pro 2 has a better FULL QWERTY keyboard, as did my original Touch Pro.
My windows Pro 7 will too.

I guess it's just preference because I can understand why you'd like the mytouch pro 2 keyboard, but I still believe my Tour has a better qwerty keyboard because it's usable with one hand, the keys aren't hard to press down, and they aren't too cramped or spaced apart...

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

laugh.gif

This
BB's has a solid foundation but obviously they can't just use that to keep there customers. They have to be up to date with the hardware and software specs wise.
 Also why are people complaining about how they look. Iphone's have only changed once. No one complained about that.

I think they would lose more market share slowly but not plummet to there death like some people think.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

laugh.gif

This
BB's has a solid foundation but obviously they can't just use that to keep there customers. They have to be up to date with the hardware and software specs wise.
 Also why are people complaining about how they look. Iphone's have only changed once. No one complained about that.

I think they would lose more market share slowly but not plummet to there death like some people think.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I don't even have a BB anymore, but it's the same cats hating but don't realize that there are some diehard RIM cats who ain't going nowhere

Back
Top Bottom