Riots in Milwaukee after Officer Involved Shooting

Sure rap is what drives ppl to sell drugs & not piss poor socioeconomic conditions, lack of education & opportunity. Yea dudes out here trapping bc rappers made it cool & not bc they sleeping on roaches on with a stomach on E bc mom dukes couldn't feed y'all for the 3rd time this week. Rap... yea sure.

You fools are too much :lol:

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly. But that's one end of the spectrum that contributed to our current climate. The other end is a rap and gang culture that raises up drug peddlers and gangsters that proudly say F the police and vilifies "snitches."

I don't like the whole snitches get stitches attitude when your talking about societal problems but I've witnessed some awful policing (brutality, false arrests)& seen people go to jail for long stretches for the most trivial things.

There is a deep mistrust for police that's only grown with the advent of the things I've mentioned. "They" thought they were doing right by passing these draconian laws & building more prisons but they ended up up escalating things & not even realizing it.

Prison has become a modern day form of slavery. Our government has no idea what to do with the poor or worse, they don't care so they built prisons to house them.

Lol, as a side note... I proly know about 25-30 people that are cops (excluding my in law that I mentioned), only 2 of them are good peoples and good po po... The rest of them are absolute d***heads & in no way should be police. And yes some of them are black. All they want to do is kick some ***.

So having said that, I don't trust police at all & neither does my in-law.

Last edited:
Sure rap is what drives ppl to sell drugs & not piss poor socioeconomic conditions, lack of education & opportunity. Yea dudes out here trapping bc rappers made it cool & not bc they sleeping on roaches on with a stomach on E bc mom dukes couldn't feed y'all for the 3rd time this week. Rap... yea sure.

You fools are too much :lol:

Rap and gang culture contributes to the hostility we see between the black community and the police. Is that really so controversial a statement? F the police came out in '88 and it's one of, if not the only phrase that remains in the rap lexicon from nearly 30 years ago.

No no no, if anything rap & gang culture is a by product or a mirror of society but definitely not a root cause.

Last edited:
Lol and what exactly was f tha police in response to? Or rather a product of? Go sit in a corner you ain't got the answers sway :lol:

Last edited:
I don't like the whole snitches get stitches attitude when your talking about societal problems but I've witnessed some awful policing (brutality, false arrests)& seen people go to jail for long stretches for the most trivial things.

There is a deep mistrust for police that's only grown with the advent of the things I've mentioned. "They" thought they were doing right by passing these draconian laws & building more prisons but they ended up up escalating things & not even realizing it.

Prison has become a modern day form of slavery. Our government has no idea what to do with the poor or worse, they don't care so they built prisons to house them.

The thing about prison reform is that it's way more messy than most understand.

It's very typical to hear people say something like "we need to legalize drugs" to solve the prison problem, when that's really only a small piece of the pie. Any serious discussion about reducing prison population means releasing people guilty of violent crimes including sex crimes and domestic violence.

This is a good article on the subject: How to Cut the Prison Population by 50 Percent

I don't think rap & gang culture is a root cause. I spent a lot of years volunteering in Baltimore City doing everything from helping with after school programs, working in soup kitchens, youth out reach programs, adult literacy programs. Spent a lot of time with youth & the biggest issue was parenting or a lack there of.

A lot of fathers were in jail or drug addicts running the streets, mothers too. So many children are being raised by grand parents or aunts who are barely getting by or not getting by with their own children let alone with their grandchild, niece, or nephew.

It's sad because once you crack the tough exterior of these kids (a lot of times you don't), you see all these kids need are some attention, love, & affection.

They turn to the streets because they don't get that at home. They damn sure aren't getting a an education or vocation. They don't have a lot of clothes. They don't have access to meals regularly. I know a good majority of the kids I've dealt with only got food when they went to school.

I get angry when I see people talk about starving kids in other countries but we got starving kids here in the US that need clothes, food, etc... People really don't understand what's really happening in our cities.

I whole heartedly disagree with the rioting, but I understand where the rage & anger & the wanting to off ish up is coming from.

I think it will get a lot worse to...
@psk for a steelers fan you're alright :pimp:

:lol: at rap music being brought up in here now ...black on black crime, gangs, rap music ...like clockwork :smh:

Lol and what exactly was f tha police in response to? Or rather a product of? Go sit in a corner you ain't got the answers sway :lol:

Root cause or reaction, it doesn't matter. You think the NWA made that song with purely altruistic intentions? Be real man.

A culture that venerates drug dealers and thugs and vilifies police will stand in opposition to things getting better between the black community and the police. Not exactly a leap in logic there.

Last edited:
The only one not being real here is you papa. But sure lets continue rolling with the narrative that that damn gangster rap is what's wrong with the youth today!

LULZ

I'm not sure you understand either the prison system or the draconian laws we've created outside of what your reading.

I had a family friend that was caught & did small time for burglaries in the mid to late 80s... In '94 or so, he stupidly stole a pair of sneakers from a store & because of Cali's 3 strikes law, he's now serving life... His sentence doesn't warrant the crimes he's committed.

I know of many of people here in Baltimore City that got profiled & picked up for resisting arrest & spent close to 30 days in city jail then getting released without charges ever being brought forth. Most of them ended up losing their jobs.

Since you like to read on the internet, Google search the Lester Wallace life prison sentence story... Google search life in prison for a slice of pizza... I would like you to honestly tell me if you think the prison sentences handed out equals the crime committed.

The fact that states are being fined by private companies for not filling up their prisons to capacity is obscene.

Last edited:
A culture that venerates drug dealers and thugs and vilifies police will stand in opposition to things getting better between the black community and the police. Not exactly a leap in logic there.
badges.png

I'm not sure you understand either the prison system or the draconian laws we've created outside of what your reading.

I had a family friend that was caught & did small time for burglaries in the mid to late 80s... In '94 or so, he stupidly stole a pair of sneakers from a store & because of Cali's 3 strikes law, he's now serving life... His sentence doesn't warrant the crimes he's committed.

I know of many of people here in Baltimore City that got profiled & picked up for resisting arrest & spent close to 30 days in city jail then getting released without charges ever being brought forth. Most of them ended up losing their jobs.

Since you like to read on the internet, Google search the Lester Wallace life prison sentence story... Google search life in prison for a slice of pizza... I would like you to honestly tell me if you think the prison sentences handed out equals the crime committed.

The fact that states are being fined by private companies for not filling up their prisons to capacity is obscene.

I'm familiar with the 3 strike policy. In many cases our domestic laws produce unjust outcomes as well. It's terrible I agree, but these cases in the context of prison reform and overpopulation are a drop in the bucket fam.

History is ripe with examples of injustice Hand2HandKing. Can't move forward if we continue to live in the past.

Last edited:
thats not the point i was making but kudos for taking the path of least resistance

the pont i was making is that people are not "vilifying" the police

the same organization that started out as slave catching patrols are now modern day police and the same doctrines/beliefs they held back then are still prevalent now

the institution is the same as it ever was, just a different name

but to your comment, cant move forward if we keep looking back?

what kind of asinine nonsense is that?

if we dont look back we will we be right back where we started

its dismissive notions like that that ensure we cant move forward

I'm familiar with the 3 strike policy. In many cases our domestic laws produce unjust outcomes as well. It's terrible I agree, but these cases in the context of prison reform and overpopulation are a drop in the bucket fam.

It's not a drop in the bucket. let's not talk about the nonviolent criminals that do represent a good number by themselves. Let's look at little closer at what's considered a violent criminal. The term violent is a much more "capacious" legal category than most people assume.

One example of a crime that's considered "violent" even though it doesn't involve actual violence is illegal gun possession. Another is burglarizing an "occupied" dwelling or serving as a getaway driver during an armed robbery.

What about statutory rape stemming from consensual sex between an adult say 19 years old and a minor who is 17 years old?

What about the term "felony murder"? You can be convicted of felony murder for having been present when someone you are affiliated with committed a homicide, even if you never touched a weapon, let alone actually killed someone.

Although you may deserve to go to prison for being part of the crime (say as a look out or just following a homey when you don't know exactly what he's doing). You don’t deserve the same label as the trigger man.

If you're at a party and a shoot out occurs, everyone that came with the shooter would be charged with & could be convicted of felony murder.

There are many people currently serving time for violent offenses who never committed a violent act. Legal -criminal terms are not clean labels & neither is the logic that you're attempting to use (just like saying rap & gang culture are a root cause).

^^ There's a lot if truth to this, just like home invasion can be considered a violent crime if we extend the definition of a person to his property (apparently some states do that).

+ Repped. Preach fam. But I never said it was a root cause. My point is that, as it functions now in the culture, it's problematic when trying to envision a better future.

The origin of "Police enforcement" was to protect white people from slaves. Why do you think major police departments were established prior and around the time slavery was abolished.
WS takes no losses man. sick corrupted people

Root cause or reaction, it doesn't matter. You think the NWA made that song with purely altruistic intentions? Be real man.

Everyone should watch this.

:lol: This is the first time that a cops past is paraded through the media after killing a black man, and so fitting that it's a black cop who is getting trial by public opinion

Back
Top Bottom