RIP Jeopardy’s Alex Trebek Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer

stage 4 |l:frown:

my man with the even keel and his trademark wit and humor. hang on Alex!

cant have jeopardy without Alex Trebek, and i love jeopardy. its on my bucket list to be a contestant, wont even care if he isnt hosting.

Being on Jeopardy is one of my dreams as well. I try to watch every night and I know a ton of useless info / trivia. Him being gone and not the host anymore would kill that dream for me.

This will sound ignorant but......

How does a man at that age and wealth not find this out sooner then stage 4?

My uncle passed away from pancreatic cancer two years ago. In his case and a lot of other cases, I learned that sometimes the only real symptom is back pain. My unc exercised often and lifted weights...he just thought he tweaked something. After a week and a half, the pain didn’t go away. He went in for a checkup, got diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer and my guy was gone within two months. **** crazy. :smh:

Best wishes to Mr Trebeck.

Alex is one of the few people alive that I would consider a legend.

he got this

The pancreas is in an odd place in your body. It's behind the stomach, kinda tucked away and compared to other places, if you have a tumor growing on your pancreas the symptoms may not show for a very long time. In most cases until it's too late. If you have a tumor in most other places, the symptoms are noticeable much sooner. Thus why pancreatic cancer is a mutha******.

This one hit me hard. You could see his eyes welling up a bit while he told everyone this. Working in healthcare, I know how dismal his prognosis is. If we see him for another season we'll be lucky, if he lives another year after that he'll be lucky.

Dude is basically irreplaceable. Would hate to see the end of Jeopardy, but I can't imagine anyone who could take his place.

Yeah he’s done, it will literally take a miracle to beat stage 4 cancer, let alone pancreatic which is one of the most aggressive....just enjoy the time you have left and don’t waste it on treatments that won’t save you.

This is something not regularly screened and patients do not know they have this type of cancer because there are barely any symptoms that one recognizes.

This is something not regularly screened and patients do not know they have this type of cancer because there are barely any symptoms that one recognizes.

I found out about 8 years ago I have a hereditary gene on my mothers side that makes me and my two siblings more susceptible to certain types of cancers. We now get screened yearly for various types of cancers and one I get screened for is pancreatic. It's screened via an MRI. Was heated when I first found out about the gene, but it's a blessing as I'm able to get screened every year. Most people can't say that.

My son has the worst luck, he had a brain hemorrhage last year and a few other crazy medical things that needed to be addressed before. My grandma gonna be sick when she hears about this.

My uncle passed away from pancreatic cancer two years ago. In his case and a lot of other cases, I learned that sometimes the only real symptom is back pain. My unc exercised often and lifted weights...he just thought he tweaked something. After a week and a half, the pain didn’t go away. He went in for a checkup, got diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer and my guy was gone within two months. **** crazy. :smh:

Best wishes to Mr Trebeck.

My condolences.

It’s scary as hell, our medical system is trash.... They say you have to be preventive and act fast to catch things early however try getting a doctor to screen you for things of the bat without dismissing it for something minor before it’s to late. And ofcourse people have fear so they won’t pursue things further.

Damn.

*Sean Connery voice* Suck it cancer! *Sean Connery voice*

This news had me thinkin bout the snl skits too my guy. Lol

On some real tho, no one deserves to go out from this kinda bull****.

**** cancer FR fr.

Awful news.

Jeopardy is the best game show.
Alex is the best show host. A legend.

My dad and I would play against each other often. Good times.

Godspeed.

Back
Top Bottom