RIP Joe Paterno

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Funny how no snitching is glorified when grown people lose their lives but people are crucifying Joe Pa for "not doing enough".
That's the card your going to pull? 

Yeah...along with the other sentences you strategically excluded.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Funny how no snitching is glorified when grown people lose their lives but people are crucifying Joe Pa for "not doing enough".
That's the card your going to pull? 

Yeah...along with the other sentences you strategically excluded.
You used hood mentality as a reasoning why those crucifying Joe Pa are wrong. Your argument sucks. 

The man made a mistake. In my heart of hearts I don't think he intended to cover anything up. I truly feel like at the time he thought he did enough. Obviously in hindsight he was wrong and should of did more. Its sad to see the way all of this has played out. Just a bad situation all the way around. The man did a lot of good in his lifetime. Hopefully it outweighs the bad and dude can find peace with himself.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

The man made a mistake. In my heart of hearts I don't think he intended to cover anything up. I truly feel like at the time he thought he did enough. Obviously in hindsight he was wrong and should of did more. Its sad to see the way all of this has played out. Just a bad situation all the way around. The man did a lot of good in his lifetime. Hopefully it outweighs the bad and dude can find peace with himself.
Couldn't have said it better, sad way for a legend to go out, very unfortunate.

Time for god to decide which gates he is walking through me hoping it's hell
laugh.gif
, is this even necessary,
30t6p3b.gif

I don't believe he covered anything up, he reported what was told to him.  Could he have gone to the police? Yes, did he notify proper authorities? Yes.

Seriously.

Perhaps he had faith in his university to go through the proper protocol. Too much judgement being passed.

Perfect karma would be if a medical professional arrived on the scene, heard of his ills, reported it to a supervisor, then went back to the hospital, hoping that someone else would take care of him.

you should really go back and read the last article in the sandusky molestation thread. this guy joe paterno played the naive role. he knew that if the molestation charges came out that would be the end for his career and the end of penn state's glory so he kept quiet. hes a greedy individual who did nothing to help those victims when he could have, he along with that colege harbored a sexual predator. 
This was no mistake. It was a premeditated cover up to save his legacy and butt.

just because you win football games does not exempt you from any wrong doing...

anybody co signing you should be ashamed of themselves.

i dare you all to go back and read the last page on the molestation thread. This dude claimed he never heard of man on man rape.... smh... 

Co-sign 100%.

JoePa deserves some blame for what happened, but I still feel like in this whole mess, the outrage over what JoePa didn't do has taken some of the anger away from what Sandusky did, and he's by far the most guilty, and most sick person in all of this.

His legacy and name is forever tarnished, he was fired, etc. Dude and his family have already paid a fair price for his mistakes, IMO. No need to go overboard. He did a lot of good in this world as well. A LOT.

RIP.

First time I have heard about old people dying after they retire or stop doing something but they are usually old as hell so must be a coincidence. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Perfect karma would be if a medical professional arrived on the scene, heard of his ills, reported it to a supervisor, then went back to the hospital, hoping that someone else would take care of him.

tumblr_lk15qotTVM1qjq9u9o1_500.jpg

"All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

You think he did enough? I have very personal reasons for having deep contempt towards people who know of any sort of child abuse, and do nothing about it, or very little.

All of you who think he did enough, imagine for a second that your son is one of the kids possibly abused. As a father, there's no way you're standing by telling yourself "Yeah, I know Joe knew my son was in the shower with other old, naked men, but I'm glad he did all he could do."

"All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

You think he did enough? I have very personal reasons for having deep contempt towards people who know of any sort of child abuse, and do nothing about it, or very little.

All of you who think he did enough, imagine for a second that your son is one of the kids possibly abused. As a father, there's no way you're standing by telling yourself "Yeah, I know Joe knew my son was in the shower with other old, naked men, but I'm glad he did all he could do."
no one said he did enough but your argument makes it seem like he is Sandusky

Ummm when you hear that CHILDREN ARE BEING RAPED IN YOUR LOCKER ROOM you go to the POLICE. Please dont give me this chain of command +%+@
laugh.gif

He knew Sandusky was raping children in the showers. He never contacted authorities. End of story he deserves to die the slowest death. Glorifying him and justifying his SEVERE lack of judgement because he was a good football coach? Yall should be ashamed.

He didn't do enough. Duh. That's why he was fired and his legacy, a great one before this IMO, is forever tarnished. This will always be the first line. I don't know what else people want. His name is his name. And it's a bad one for eternity now. That's a fair price IMO, considering all he the good he has done.

StillIn729:
no one said he did enough but your argument makes it seem like he is Sandusky
No it doesn't. My argument makes it seem like he didn't do enough.

And he didn't.

Like I said in my first reply in this thread, let a medical professional show up and do exactly what Joe did for those kids; just show up, hear about what's going wrong, then walk away and call a supervisor.

HankMoody:
He didn't do enough. Duh. That's why he was fired and his legacy, a great one before this IMO, is forever tarnished. This will always be the first line. I don't know what else people want. His name is his name. And it's a bad one for eternity now. That's a fair price IMO, considering all he the good he has done.
I agree, but using your logic, there should be nobody that has a problem with his name being dragged through the mud. If that's his consequence, then let it ride. There should be nobody defending him, talking about how everyone is being too hard on him, none of that.

So...are we also wishing hell on the graduate assistant who allegedly saw Sandusky with the kid in the shower?

It's not like he didn't do @*#!. He went through the chain of command and unfortunately, the person on top didn't do more. Sandusky was already let go by then...right?

Sad situation all around.
chain of command?

we're talking about molesting little boys. find the cops

That actually happens a lot in the medical profession if you did not know. Funny coming from a guy who supports teams that do wrong time and time again.  University of Kentucky hired a guy who routinely violated NCAA regulations, Joe Paterno never violated major ones that come to mind.  Karma for Kentucky would be for them never to win an NCAA Championship.  Lakers have a player who allegedly raped a women. Karma for that player would be his wife divorcing him for his net worth....o wait.  
Karma exists only in a perfect world and in your bubble.  I do not know where you live but I assume it is not in a major city like New York or LA.

Back
Top Bottom