RIP Jonas Bevacqua of LRG

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

What'd he die off?

No thread derail or nothing, but every time I see a picture of him he never looks happy in any of them. Correct me if I'm wrong if you personally knew him, but he always seemed as if something was missing from him. Something he lounged for that couldn't be attained through material possessions.

Strange you say that, I just looked on Bens Blog, and all the pics he had up, barely any of them have him smiling. 
Waaaay too young to go. 

RIP and condolences to his friends and family. 

RIP, condolences to everybody that knew him. Definitely an inspiration to up and coming business men in the clothing industry.

RIP, condolences to everybody that knew him. Definitely an inspiration to up and coming business men in the clothing industry.

For me, LRG was in it's prime back when their ads used to look like this:

lrg-clothing-on-celebs-kanye-west-4.png

It's all I would buy at one point. Respect.

I was always a fan of LRG's print ads.

Always a clean, fresh, and distinctive look every year.

I respect what Jonas did as a businessman, especially as an asian american businessman. I was highly influenced by LRG and urban fashion back in the day. Rest in peace.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

It goes way beyond that. If there is something that was done right about L-R-G, it was their marketing back when they were nothing to the public. They had Mystic Journeyman, DJ Hi-Tek, Black Thought, Karl Watson and Chico Brenes as the front runners. They had a blend of tech but earth-like graphics that was innovative at its time. It was only later when they got Kanye, Bun B, Drake and all the rest to do ads for them

Chico-brenes-LRG-ad.jpg

And definitely props for putting and still having a skate team. Even with brands like Elwood and even Planet Earth dumping their skate program, L-R-G still manages to keep theirs and even giving Chris Cole his own label from the company.

Anyways.....RIP to dude. Drugs are really a son of a gun. Need to quit that stuff for real.

oo206oo wrote:
I was always a fan of LRG's print ads.

Always a clean, fresh, and distinctive look every year.

Word. I remember a lot of them distinctly. Just Blaze, The Roots, Kanye, etc. They have a strong team.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

It goes way beyond that. If there is something that was done right about L-R-G, it was their marketing back when they were nothing to the public. They had Mystic Journeyman, DJ Hi-Tek, Black Thought, Karl Watson and Chico Brenes as the front runners. They had a blend of tech but earth-like graphics that was innovative at its time. It was only later when they got Kanye, Bun B, Drake and all the rest to do ads for them
This.

I still remember their early print ads in skate magazines with Planet Asia in 2000. They had the whole Living Legends crew in one print ad!

Originally Posted by firered18

Idc what no one says, I still rock my LRGeans, they made some damn good pieces. Now as for shirts and hoodies...meh had to let em go lol
I've been wearing a pair of slim fit, dark lrg denim for like 3-4 years now.  My favorite jeans i've ever owned.
I just saw on tumblr a few minutes ago about Jonas' death.  Crazy.  R.I.P. to him.  I haven't seen him much in the spotlight since his brand lost some popularity a few years ago.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

This.

I still remember their early print ads in skate magazines with Planet Asia in 2000. They had the whole Living Legends crew in one print ad!
This. Not only that but LRG reminds of skaters like Rob Gonzalez. RIP.

There was that LRG shirt with the rainbow and trees on the back that matched my Rayguns. I thought I was doing it 
laugh.gif

RIP though
frown.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

This.

This. Not only that but LRG reminds of skaters like Rob Gonzalez. RIP.

LRG-skate-team-Vancouver.jpg

Yup! All these guys have been holding it down for L-R-G since day one. I think Aldemo got on a little later though.

Some more ads:

lrg-clothing-jp-jadeed-2003.jpg

lrg-clothing-adelmo-jr-2003.jpg

lrg-clothing-chico-brenes-2003_3.jpg

Originally Posted by firered18

Idc what no one says, I still rock my LRGeans, they made some damn good pieces. Now as for shirts and hoodies...meh had to let em go lol

almost all of my jeans are lrg....... just picked up this leather a month ago
397035110.jpg
Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

We should all post our fav LRG pieces in this thread in remembrance!! I'll post some when I get home

RIP this man owned streetwear/urban clothing for 5-8 yrs strong

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Chico-brenes-LRG-ad.jpg

And definitely props for putting and still having a skate team. Even with brands like Elwood and even Planet Earth dumping their skate program, L-R-G still manages to keep theirs and even giving Chris Cole his own label from the company.

Anyways.....RIP to dude. Drugs are really a son of a gun. Need to quit that stuff for real.
^^these ads are what did it for me.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom