RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

^^^NY claiming Fetty now huh?
laugh.gif
LOL

I'm sure New Yorkers claimed Redman, Naughty, Lauryn and Wyclef way back when.
roll.gif

I actually like Fetty though.
embarassed.gif

Fab def been holding it down that's tru, but nothing about desiigner says NY, i thought he was from the A til I watched a interview smh

How cats forgetting about Fab?

He's done a really good just staying afloat after being in the game since 01. A good amount of his peers who are better than him or totally washed and off the radar while he manages to keep people listening. Props to him for that

Fab's problem is he came out when albums meant alot and his mixtapes are waaaaaaayyyy better than his albums. If Fab's career started with TINC he would be looked at as NY's savior. Since 09 he's dropped some great tapes. TINC, The Soul Tapes. He gets overlooked cuz his albums early on were disappointments and people stopped caring.

Fab's problem is he came out when albums meant alot and his mixtapes are waaaaaaayyyy better than his albums. If Fab's career started with TINC he would be looked at as NY's savior. Since 09 he's dropped some great tapes. TINC, The Soul Tapes. He gets overlooked cuz his albums early on were disappointments and people stopped caring.

This. Real Talk was good though.

Loso made breathe man, Magnum Opus

Yes and no. Fab's albums aren't much to speak of but he always had hits on them. Dude was always on the radio. It's just that he's inconsistent. He can give us TNIC2 or the Soul Tape, but the follow ups are weak. TNIC3 and Soul Tape 2 were huge disappointments for me and I just left him alone after that.

Yes and no. Fab's albums aren't much to speak of but he always had hits on them. Dude was always on the radio. It's just that he's inconsistent. He can give us TNIC2 or the Soul Tape, but the follow ups are weak. TNIC3 and Soul Tape 2 were huge disappointments for me and I just left him alone after that.

Basically.

If those mixtapes were albums, then he wouldn't have gotten the mainstream notoriety to be considered NY's savior. 

Basically.

If those mixtapes were albums, then he wouldn't have gotten the mainstream notoriety to be considered NY's savior. 

Fab had hit singles but his albums lacked quality.

If he was in his mid-late 20's during his TINC, Soul Tape days NY would be hyping him crazy. If Troy Ave and Designer can get people talking... :lol:

Fab had hit singles but his albums lacked quality.

If he was in his mid-late 20's during his TINC, Soul Tape days NY would be hyping him crazy. If Troy Ave and Designer can get people talking...
laugh.gif
Troy Ave has people talking for something not related to music. Desiigner has a #1 hit that is a Photoshopped version of a Future record.

A "savior" would have to be commercially popular. And being commercially popular these days does not revolve around the type of rap on TINC, Soul Tape, etc. You'd have a point if it were 2006.

If Fab were young and a new artist and came out w/ TINC right now...nobody outside the tri state area would care and that's what NYC would need to be seen as a talent hotbed again. If it don't leave NYC, it can't be an NYC savior.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom