RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Scarface says the **** coming out is wack...it's ignored.

David Banner says the **** coming out is wack...it's ignored.

Jay Electronica says the **** coming out is wack...it's ignored

Phonte is so disgusted by the **** he doesn't even care about rapping.

but yeah, it's just New York :lol:

You and Magic keep acting we're saying every single person in New York was trashing the south. Hell no. Of course not. Ya'll know what we're saying. There was DJ's, NY rappers, NY fans, radio stations from the early 90's - early 00's that was trashing the south. It's a fact. I'm from DC. I don't have no bias to the south or NY so I can look at this from both side. NY birthed Hip Hop so I understand the pride and the arrogance but it went a lil too far.

I don't think anybody is hurt over that ****. Not now. _'s just laugh at how the tables have turned. Just pointing out the karma that's all.

You're the first person who's said that. That's why I get offended.

Everyone knows the tables have turned, but you guys are displaying a lot of the same sentiment that you claim we have.

In the mean time the music and culture aren't winning, because for the most part quality music isn't winning. That's why I laugh when you guys complain about Desiigner. There are no more rules and gatekeepers, and you can't have it both ways.

Q-Tip said a long time ago there were only good and wack.

Woop dee do, so you were already 17 when Way 2 Fonky dropped, congrats

Yeah, that means as an adult I knew what good music was and made a conscious effort to find it no matter where it was from. And the **** I've experienced and seen in hip hop you'll never get the opportunity to experience. I'm proud as **** of that. I love this **** b. I'm first generation hip hop.

NY _'s kinda started this whole "Us vs Them" competition **** tho, at least from my experiences.

Starting in the early 2000's around the time Snap movement starting blowing up dudes was running around like crazy claiming the South killed Hip Hop, intentionally ******** on dance songs that were obviously just for fun/kids, etc.

_'s didn't wanna have anything to do with the South and started really tryna draw lines in the sand. I understood some of the sentiments even tho I was young as hell but I swear sometimes it felt like _'s just needed somebody to hate now that the East-West rivalry was over :lol: :smh:

Why do you keep this broad generalization of what New York people were doing?

NWA wasn't getting played in New York?

Snoop wasn't getting played in New York?

Dudes keep generalization 9 million people off what you heard and thought.

Outkast were doing shows in New York. Who was going to those shows?

heard Deep Cover was mehh in da west coast but was a smasssssh in da east.

Woop dee do, so you were already 17 when Way 2 Fonky dropped, congrats

Yeah, that means as an adult I knew what good music was and made a conscious effort to find it no matter where it was from. And the **** I've experienced and seen in hip hop you'll never get the opportunity to experience. I'm proud as **** of that. I love this **** b. I'm first generation hip hop.

Again, congratulations. Maybe you should take that knowledge and experience with hip hop and put it to good use teaching/holding seminars to educate the younger generation on it like Bun B. Or....you can continue to stand on a soapbox and further provide evidence of being the stereotypical sensitive pretentious NYer that everybody has already branded you as.

but yeah, it's just New York :lol:

Pretty sure what they said wasn't ignored. It's just that all of them spoke on it being critical without coming off as old and bitter. 3 of the 4 also dropped top notch projects within the past year to back their own claims, but I'm sure you already know with your extensive knowledge of hip hop.

South ain't running **** outside of what you and your boys (from the south) play on that aux cord with the wires sticking out. Southern rap "reign" is done, you can thank having an influx of popping mainstream crossover artist all start popping around the same time who's all done now. If it wasn't for Houston taking the crown and holding it southern rap dominance (ATL specifically) would've been extremely short lived. How u go from TIP, Gucci, Jeezy, Wayne, etc) to the likes of the "hottest rapper out" young thug, 21 savage, yfn lucci, lil yatchy, Migos (favorite artist out the south) and future who is ok overrated as hell and never sold units before the Drake co sign. Southern rap has no superstars who can do it all anymore. Everyone now is just one dimensional as hell and make some of the same damn trap or emo trap songs (Yachty). The only superstar's in the game are Kendrick Lamar and Drake

Last edited:
If the south ain't running **** tho , it damn sure ain't NYC right now ...so basically everybody wack now huh ...maybe Canada just the top dog , hip hop ain't that great right now , or the sound is changing ...probly a combo of all 3 tbh

South ain't running **** outside of what you and your boys (from the south) play on that aux cord with the wires sticking out. Southern rap "reign" is done, you can thank having an influx of popping mainstream crossover artist all start popping around the same time who's all done now. If it wasn't for Houston taking the crown and holding it southern rap dominance (ATL specifically) would've been extremely short lived. How u go from TIP, Gucci, Jeezy, Wayne, etc) to the likes of the "hottest rapper out" young thug, 21 savage, yfn lucci, lil yatchy, Migos (favorite artist out the south) and future who is ok overrated as hell and never sold units before the Drake co sign. Southern rap has no superstars who can do it all anymore. Everyone now is just one dimensional as hell and make some of the same damn trap or emo trap songs (Yachty). The only superstar's in the game are Kendrick Lamar and Drake

Man, you definitely mad at the south :lol:

No one region is running rap and i don't think those times are ever coming back period

hiphop right now is in a weird place because there's a lot of talent out there but there's so many different lanes. There's no gatekeepers to keep the bad out & their are also no gatekeepers to promote the best it works both ways. Dudes just gotta gradually find new artist to rock with and let it catch on.

In the mean time i've been going thru Dave East catalog more & he's showing more & more that he's gonna become a PROBLEM.

GRISELDA.

I'm rockin with some of their stuff, they def got a extremely gutter sound to them, i don't see them catching too much of a buzz just based off the energy of the music. This **** is made for those who miss that old NYC sound for sure, but I honestly don't think the youth can ever relate to that.

No one region is running rap and i don't think those times are ever coming back period

hiphop right now is in a weird place because there's a lot of talent out there but there's so many different lanes. There's no gatekeepers to keep the bad out & their are also no gatekeepers to promote the best it works both ways. Dudes just gotta gradually find new artist to rock with and let it catch on.

In the mean time i've been going thru Dave East catalog more & he's showing more & more that he's gonna become a PROBLEM.
U damn right about gate keepers, anything goes these days , everything unchecked .....East is nice and I see Joey bad starting to switch it up a lil bit tho :pimp:

If the south ain't running **** tho , it damn sure ain't NYC right now ...so basically everybody wack now huh ...maybe Canada just the top dog , hip hop ain't that great right now , or the sound is changing ...probly a combo of all 3 tbh

In terms of raw young talents making that **** NYC > the south

Hip hop ain't that great cause where it was "at" was churning out the same cookie cutter BS and it got diluted

I don't think any region is running it but since the god mc is from Cali I'll give it to them

But in terms of new overall intriguing artist who's talking that **** I'm ******* with NYC heavy

Not at all bro

Don't think anyone is as mad as much as you at the goat city doe :pimp:

Your reign on the top was a short as leprechauns

:lol: nah man. You def been talking sideways at the south for a minute. They putting out quality. Seems like you frustrated that NYC hasn't taken over like you wanted.

And idk why you'd think I'm mad at NYC. I'm one of the first ***** on NT to **** with Dave East :lol:.

***** act like you can't enjoy music from multiple regions.

Two of the best new ****** in the game right now :smokin

View media item 2164790

that lucci dude is extra regular and sounds like everyone else down south couldn't tell half these bozos apart if i tried

:lol:

Anyway, Dave need to stop playing and drop that Kairi Chanel tape. That tape w/ Kur is fire and _'s not even really checking for it :smh:

Last edited:
NY is Dead 
tongue.gif

but yeah, it's just New York
laugh.gif
they may all be from the south... but they all share one thing they are all over the age of 35 #oldmanears #turnthatgarbagedown #musicwasdifferentinmytime

but also adding new york has been dormant since 2000 and also besides the south and west... the midwest has stepped in too so the only region thats lackin is the originators its bad when jayz,puffy and nas are still nyc go to past and current talk 

Last edited:
that lucci dude is extra regular and sounds like everyone else down south couldn't tell half these bozos apart if i tried

Forreal. Aside from the OGs, Thug, Future, Gucci & Migos the rest of them ATL dudes all sound the same

NY & Cali artists are actually in all different kinds of lanes

You can tell ***** never listened to Lucci if you say he "SOUNDS THE SAME" as other ATL rappers :lol:

One of the criticism of him IS how he sounds. Distinctly different from the new Atl rappers :lol:

Y'all just lost in the sauce. NT will catch the wave as usual late....

Trouble's last mixtape was fire, front to back

Scoob been killing sht lately.

2 Chainz too

Last edited:
You can tell ***** never listened to Lucci if you say he "SOUNDS THE SAME" as other ATL rappers :lol:

One of the criticism of him IS how he sounds. Distinctly different from the new Atl rappers :lol:

Yeah I've literally never heard that. Soon as the song come on and he start crooning _'s get put off quick :lol:

Lucci sound gotta grow on you

Back
Top Bottom