RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

You can tell ***** never listened to Lucci if you say he "SOUNDS THE SAME" as other ATL rappers :lol:

One of the criticism of him IS how he sounds. Distinctly different from the new Atl rappers :lol:

Y'all just lost in the sauce. NT will catch the wave as usual late....

Trouble's last mixtape was fire, front to back

Scoob been killing sht lately.

2 Chainz too
been listening to him for like 6 years now. he's a totally different artist now. the progression was like us goin from horse and buggy to shooting to the moon

Trouble official but ya'll gonna stop crossing the Mason Dixie line discussing these ****** in this thread :lol:... Bring that **** into the desiigner thread or something & tell me how Lucci hotter than him also

Lucci "sounds" different only cause of his squeaky *** voice son ain't talking bout ****

That boy be preaching.....do you even listen man? :lol:

It's one thing to say you hate his voice and harmonizing...but to say he don't be talking that real....you a got damn liar. You a real one....idk how you can listen to this and can't feel what the man is saying :smh:

We just all relate to/ and like different sht. Shrugs :lol:

Lucci ain't it man :lol:
But let's be real the south still on top right now. The gap ain't as big as it was years before but they are still winning. West coast was right on their heels tho but idk what happened. Mid west coming byke soon tho, detroit got some of the best new talent coming.... hopefully.

Lucci ain't it man :lol:
But let's be real the south still on top right now. The gap ain't as big as it was years before but they are still winning. West coast was right on their heels tho but idk what happened. Mid west coming byke soon tho, detroit got some of the best new talent coming.... hopefully.

Baltimore REALLY got next....

Y'all just don't know it yet :lol: :nerd:. That new YBS Skola just dropped. Meek showing luv.

Whole lotta money :smokin :smokin

Baltimore REALLY got next....

Y'all just don't know it yet :lol: :nerd:. That new YBS Skola just dropped. Meek showing luv.

Whole lotta money :smokin :smokin
Meek a real dude. He was co signing dex too before he got marked smh. Everytime we get someone on the cusp they die. Or in payroll/vezzo situation they drop the ball and are content with foreign whips and chains/rolex

Meek a real dude. He was co signing dex too before he got marked smh. Everytime we get someone on the cusp they die. Or in payroll/vezzo situation they drop the ball and are content with foreign whips and chains/rolex

Meek Co-signed ScootaUpNext.....he got killed 2 months ago coming back from a stop the violence basketball game. In my old hood too :smh:. Meek always show luv to the real hood ***** that's about to blow. Problem is, they are always one foot in...one foot out. He was the first to **** with Shmurda, A Boogie etc etc.

This is the only version of "Panda" we play up here.

#RIPUpNext

I listened to the radio the other day while I was going out of town...
I heard lil yachty, yfn lucci and lil uzi vert back to back to back. They followed it up with some other rapper. All of them sounded the same. Two of the beats were so similar I thought it was the same song. All of them were singing. Oh the follow up song was by young thug.

All of these ****** mumble and sound like slaves. It's ridiculous.

These ****** have the most basic lyrics possible and they sing half of their "bars." They all use the same producers whole copy the same sounds of the same producers.

Eh. ****** don't enunciate on purpose and the youth love it. They think lil yacht and lil uzi vert are dope. I know because I asked someone that was 16.

Last edited:
At this point i'm exhausted talkin bout these ****** so instead of talking about how trash they are let's just focus on people making good music or moves in NYC itself.

At this point i'm exhausted talkin bout these ****** so instead of talking about how trash they are let's just focus on people making good music or moves in NYC itself.

I agree too

So who everyone in this thread checking for in NY?

Maybe we can introduce ppl to new talent in the state

This is all the NY rappers i mess with...

Conway
Westside Gunn
Flatbush Zombies
A$AP Rocky
Smoke DZA
Action Bronson
French Montana (mainly in small doses lol)

Dave East
Don Q
Benny
Machhommy
Joey Badass
Da$h

I may have forgot some but thats just the newer guys, NY still got legends putting out some good stuff too

Lucci ain't it man
laugh.gif

midwest mostly chicago definately had a chance around mid 2000s with twista,kanye,lupe/1st and 15th,common bump j(ol boy had potential to have TI/rick ross impact)+goon squad and shawna all before the drill scene popped and destroyed all that...plus you had st.louis with the commercial party scene detriot scene speaks for its self  midwest shouldve been right there with the south cashin in...   

I agree too

So who everyone in this thread checking for in NY?

Maybe we can introduce ppl to new talent in the state

This is all the NY rappers i mess with...

Conway
Westside Gunn
Flatbush Zombies
A$AP Rocky
Smoke DZA
Action Bronson
French Montana (mainly in small doses lol)

Dave East
Don Q
Benny
Machhommy
Joey Badass
Da$h

I may have forgot some but thats just the newer guys, NY still got legends putting out some good stuff too
oh lawd look at this list lol... its like the nbdl of rap... except for bronson dave east and joey you might confuse the sounds to be southern

Last edited:
I STILL HAVEN'T GIVEN ZOMBIEZ A HEAVY CHANCE, I'VE HEARD A LOT OF POSITIVE THINGS THO

They cool. Aint like their album as much as their mixtapes but theyre good lyricists. Erick Arc Elliott is one of the most slept on producers in hip hop & Meechie Darko is often so good i wish he would make some solo projects

If rap in ny is like it is here which it isnt .......there is a successful group at the top, with business teams, using new talent to keep their big artist current and then destroying the new guys before they ever make it themselves.
Mad child from swollen members has been the key culprit in Western canada..... I can only imagine the shenanigans in ny where people really dream about hip hop.

Dunno how anyone could confuse wsg, Conway, benny and Mach hommy with being southern...
Anyway I rock with Bronson, roc, anyone on Griselda's roster...don q and a boogie and that's about it.

I listened to the radio the other day while I was going out of town...
I heard lil yachty, yfn lucci and lil uzi vert back to back to back. They followed it up with some other rapper. All of them sounded the same. Two of the beats were so similar I thought it was the same song. All of them were singing. Oh the follow up song was by young thug.

All of these ****** mumble and sound like slaves. It's ridiculous.

These ****** have the most basic lyrics possible and they sing half of their "bars." They all use the same producers whole copy the same sounds of the same producers.

Eh. ****** don't enunciate on purpose and the youth love it. They think lil yacht and lil uzi vert are dope. I know because I asked someone that was 16.
I guess they running the game cause they all sound the same and running to the same "sound" instead of making actual music. Nobody even their Hypebeast *** fans will care about them a couple years from now. They'll just hop on the next ***** scrotum

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom