RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

J Cole would be a nobody if he wasn't "Rocnation's first signed artist". He should be thanking them for his fame.

I want to know what Jim Jones signed to them for though. Can't be for music lol. May some type of A&R role or tv series.

aren't Meek, Nicki, Rihanna, Vic Mensa, etc. all on or at least "managed" by roc nation?

i'd say they're doing quite fine for themselves and could have definitely found someone more low profile to mop their floors

How many people are under ROC Nation, cause Yo Gotti had a Rocafella chain in a recent video :lol:

More than likely a management deal, damn near all of the younger cats who grew up with these artist in the early/mid 00's are affiliated with Roc Nation. there's a lot of trusted relationships in that office & you can see it's paying off as far as the rap management goes.

They must have a lot of talent within the management team. Big Sean just sign to their management as well right?

aren't Meek, Nicki, Rihanna, Vic Mensa, etc. all on or at least "managed" by roc nation?

i'd say they're doing quite fine for themselves and could have definitely found someone more low profile to mop their floors

Rihanna, Meek, Vic Mensa, Dj Khaled, Dj Mustard, Angie Martinez,Big Sean, Fab, Fat Joe, The Lox are just some of the notable people signed with them whether directly or management. Jay is building something good over there

In all actuality Jim is still putting out good music, either way i 100% sure nobody thinks that jim is setting up for billboard hits & drake collabs. Jim however has done the fashion thing, one of the first on TV, is a hell of a character in his own right, & is one of the dipset founders. You don't need to be the hottest in rap in 2017 to make money off of rap in 2017. That roc nation plug helps in alot of different avenues.

good partnership for both. from a management point older acts like the LOX, Fat Joe, Jimmy etc etc may be more lucrative then busting your *** trying to turn an unknown into a big name.

Always thought they all had roc chains off the strength of the group deal...

i would've thought that on paper sounds good...till u realize 1/2 of SP never got ROC chains & were just playing salucci with beans chains...

peedi never got his own roc chain :smh:

i learned freeway got his joint stolen in Canada... :smh:

Went from beans, jay, Dame etc to meek, big sean and yo gotti wearing roc chains...

Went from beans, jay, Dame etc to meek, big sean and yo gotti wearing roc chains...

and in ten years it's gonna be whole new crop of ****** wearing roc chains

i really hope whatever jay is trying to do sticks around for decades and can get some of our own ownership in the industry

Last edited:

:smokin :smokin Uncle Murda on a dope beat is a problem

The Young MA verse :lol: Uncle Murda is probably the best G-Unit signing in ages

Last edited:
Uncle Murda on G-Unit?

damn son should've been there a DECADE ago when 50 offered it to him da 1st time :lol:

Uncle Murda on G-Unit?

damn son should've been there a DECADE ago when 50 offered it to him da 1st time :lol:

I didn't know he was offered a spot back then, but it does make sense since he have songs with Prodigy and Mazaradi Fox. He def should have been on there way back though.

Back
Top Bottom