RIP TOPSHOP

Aside from basics like undies, tees and socks... I can’t do these fast fashion stores.

Not like my closet is exclusive, rare **** only or something but the higher chance I have of not wearing the same exact thing as some other cat, the better.

Even if dudes are wearing something in the same spirit as me, like H&M chelseas for example, I know and he knows my SLP are by far the better of the two.
C381483E-9F6B-4A3B-B91F-AAFDC78C1E3D.png

What exactly is terrible about the fit of this suit? Entertain me....aside from the pants, because I hope you have the common sense to know that’s the fitting room and obviously the pants have to be altered....but break down the fit and why is “terrible” I’ll wait.

when you're into suits, people have an eye for it... when you bought a suit off da rack and it's cheap material and qualitiy serious suit dudes will peep. like sneakerheads eyeballing shirt and shoes and we can spot da differences of things that casual people cannot.

I live in nyc and work in park ave. I be at kiton on 54th, with the Edward green shoes. If your shoes ain’t Edward green, c&j, or vass, I don’t wanna talk about it.

Listen to homeboy old dude, that Zara is not only cheaply cut, and cheap materials but doesn’t fit you.

Listen to folk that work on park ave, we get it in.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/03/app...exploring-restructuring-amid-retail-woes.html

• Forever 21 is exploring restructuring options to shore up its liquidity as the fast-fashion giant struggles with its business, a person familiar with the situation said on Monday.
  • The company is in talks with private equity firm Apollo Global Management about raising debtor-in-possession funds to provide financing should it file for bankruptcy, the person said.

I got 1 button up shirt from zara, i didn’t buy it and it was part of a wedding suit gift (i forget the brand for the jacket and pants, but it wasn’t made by zara, probably something from neiman marcus or barneys). I must say the fit for the zara shirt is damn near perfect for me out of all my button dress shirts, I did get it altered though. :nerd: :pimp:

In one of my business classes we would study why zara was so successful.

Don’t own anything from them though. Ordered a toggle sweater before and returned it because it smelled like chemicals.

the overall global movement agains waste will drive these companies out or make them change

companies like patagonia and more eco aware companies will thrive with the current youth mindset

I see more kids into thrifting and vintage than fast fashion and hype now

need more of that

Aint nothing wrong with Zara suits. Half of that look it is just a good fit, which is 9/10 times all you need.

I work high end retail and countless times ive had people ask me, or have overheard people ask the employees “what brand is that” and then “Zara” comes out and the “wow” comments.

That being said, dont shop there too much anymore, but if I were inside one for whatever reason id def look around.

Fast fashion has its place, if you dont like it move to what you like.

I got 1 button up shirt from zara, i didn’t buy it and it was part of a wedding suit gift (i forget the brand for the jacket and pants, but it wasn’t made by zara, probably something from neiman marcus or barneys). I must say the fit for the zara shirt is damn near perfect for me out of all my button dress shirts, I did get it altered though. :nerd: :pimp:

Bruh you altered a Zara shirt? :lol:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/03/app...exploring-restructuring-amid-retail-woes.html

• Forever 21 is exploring restructuring options to shore up its liquidity as the fast-fashion giant struggles with its business, a person familiar with the situation said on Monday.
  • The company is in talks with private equity firm Apollo Global Management about raising debtor-in-possession funds to provide financing should it file for bankruptcy, the person said.

Forever 21 struggles because they sell 750,000 items per location. My ex used to like Forever 21 and after my first visit where we walked around for 30 min for her to pick 2 items made me avoid that place anytime we went shopping together.

Yeah, Forever 21 has a billion items in the store and too many locations. Bad combination for fast fashion. No way they can sell all the merchandise they carry. A lot of weird designed clothing as well, which most people wouldn't buy.

Aint nothing wrong with Zara suits. Half of that look it is just a good fit, which is 9/10 times all you need.

I work high end retail and countless times ive had people ask me, or have overheard people ask the employees “what brand is that” and then “Zara” comes out and the “wow” comments.

That being said, dont shop there too much anymore, but if I were inside one for whatever reason id def look around.

Fast fashion has its place, if you dont like it move to what you like.
It’s not a good fit though

And the consumers asking that don’t know what they are talking about and obviously don’t know a good fit

It’s obvious people don’t understand quality when it comes to classic menswear
If you think that Zara suit is a good fit then we’ll just end the conversation there.

If you wanna nit pick feel free. If its differences you can only tell side by side, when its pointed out, or when its someone “who knows” looks, then I mean, is it that much of a big deal?

Obviously details matter, obviously high more high end suits will look better, all im saying is Zara is acceptable.

If you wanna nit pick feel free. If its differences you can only tell side by side, when its pointed out, or when its someone “who knows” looks, then I mean, is it that much of a big deal?

Obviously details matter, obviously high more high end suits will look better, all im saying is Zara is acceptable.
do you see fast fashion surviving long term or will other types of stores fill that space?

outside of like, Uniqlo and a few other outlets, I don't see H&M surviving either.

I think brick and mortar fast fashion has a limited timeline.

the Targets and Walmarts, and Amazon, are going to steal that space. Especially stores like COS, ASOS, and MNML

Yeah, Forever 21 has a billion items in the store and too many locations. Bad combination for fast fashion. No way they can sell all the merchandise they carry. A lot of weird designed clothing as well, which most people wouldn't buy.

Fast fashion like Forever 21 comes in handy when you have kids. My daughter loves to shop there and Hot Topic.

I can spend $250 in F21, and my daughter will load set for a new outfit for a whole month.

Ksteezy. Do what you gotta do. I rock Zara and I don’t care either. At the end of the day if your body fits it and it looks good, why does it matter what these naysayers are gonna say?

do you see fast fashion surviving long term or will other types of stores fill that space?

outside of like, Uniqlo and a few other outlets, I don't see H&M surviving either.

I think brick and mortar fast fashion has a limited timeline.

the Targets and Walmarts, and Amazon, are going to steal that space. Especially stores like COS, ASOS, and MNML
Fast fashion will always have a place imo because there will always be people who either don’t have the means/ don’t want to spend past a certain amount or aren’t aware of the original silhouette these businesses are copying from so they buy what they see first. Then you have the the people who don’t care for quality and want to be able to keep up with trends so FF serves as a valuable commodity to them. ASOS, MNML, Fashion Nova (idk what COS is) are fast fashion just without the physical locations. If H&M & Zara die physically, they can survive online.

And I didn’t even mention all the women who god forbid can’t be seen wearing the same outfit out twice ESPECIALLY with the state of social media so these FF places will live on for the foreseeable future.

You know that elitist way of thinking...a Zara suit will do the trick for a relatively cheap price tag...i asked dude to post up a tagged fit pic, and he name drops his dad like that supposed to mean anything...lol

Ksteezy. Do what you gotta do. I rock Zara and I don’t care either. At the end of the day if your body fits it and it looks good, why does it matter what these naysayers are gonna say?

Nah i DONT care bro, I’m beyond confident in my own style and skin...I’m 37 years old and ima dress however I want and I know I do a decent job at looking clean....Zara works great for my body type so ima keep rocking it and i love mixing it up with some luxury pieces, their jeans May be cheap, but i live by their fit...as I said from the beginning, Zara isn’t for you if you a muscular cat or fat, I’m neither...so I’m gucci with it...lol

Back
Top Bottom