Rockets trade Steve Francis to the Grizzlies

I still remember the dunk contest between him and VC.
pimp.gif

Me thinks this guy's into something i.e. drugs

or

He's having problems with his personal life

Whenever I see this guy play now he looks like he belongs in the NBDL.

man the irony for sure...didnt wanna play for the griz now he got traded to them...this guy was pretty raw what happened freal?

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

The Grizzlies acquired Francis on Wednesday in a trade with the Rockets in exchange for a conditional second-round pick in 2011. The trade also calls for Memphis to re-acquire a 2009 second-rounder, which it had dealt to Houston on draft day in June, and for the Rockets, according to NBA front-office sources, to pay the remainder of Francis' $2.6 million salary for this season.

Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace told ESPN.com that the trade was made with the intent of keeping Francis and giving the 31-year-old an opportunity to prove that he can still play.

Chris Wallace moves seem to not really "wow" people, but they do definitely help in a way. He got the team's future 1st rounder backfrom the Wizards in the Critt deal, got the team's 2009 2nd rounder back along with Francis without giving up a player, and signed Darius Miles to forcePortland to pay the rest of his salary kicking them out of free agency this upcoming off-season. I could care less if Francis plays or not, but Miles betterplay at least 10 games.
laugh.gif

I'm sure I'm going to get killed for this comment, but I thought Steve's final round dunks were better than VC's. VC had to win because of whathe did in the first round, but I thought Steve had better dunks in round 2.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

LMAO Oh the irony...

Hopefully he can bounce back i've always like dudes game but the Grizz are loaded at the PG/SG position.

We know how the Grizz get down when dealing with the Lakers OJ for Sun Yue?
laugh.gif
that's exactly what i was thinking

talk about going full circle
laugh.gif
roll.gif

they should have kept toine!
laugh.gif

kidding aside, i'm a steve francis fan so hopefully he gets to resurrect his career in Memphis

he rejected my beloved grizzlies in 99, we got mike dickerson in return (peep the avy).� dickerson eventually caught the injury bug and ended his careerprematurely
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
.� if dickerson never caught that injury, his career would pan out even better than stevies.� im glad steve is getting traded around.� someone needs tohumble this ungrateful bastard.

His career ended as soon as he went to the Knicks...

He was putting in work in Orlando before they traded his boyfriend...

durty pancakes:

Just from last year
smh.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

O.K.... now something's not adding up for me. That guy in that video can play. There has to be another reason why he's getting no burn;has to be.

I wonder how Yao feels. When he first entered the league, Francis took him under his wing. Now Yao's a star seeing Francis sit on the bench all the time

Speaking of Yao (not to divert the thread, which I don't think would happen anyways, or I wouldn't mention this), but I've been seeing him with alittle swagger a couple times this season. He dunked on someone who flopped on him the other day, and I saw Yao stare at him while standing over him, and Ithought "O.K., I see you, Yao."

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom