Ron Artest Agrees To Terms With The Lakers vol: It's a done deal (Full MLE $32 mill for 5 year)

Burns1923:
23ska909red02:
Burns1923:
I love the 0-to-60 championship predictions when transactions like this take place. Love 'em.

I can see a time when NBA seasons aren't actually played but instead computer-simulated.

Congrats to the 2010, 2012, 2013, 2018, and 2025 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers.

Well deserved.
I would just like you to pay particular attention to the NON-LAKER FANS making LAKER CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS, talking about how it's a wrap for the league, ready to give up hope on their team, etc., etc., etc.

That is all.

KTHXBYE

Didn't single anyone out; just commenting on the prevailing 'mood' I perceive. If that includes Laker fans, "Laker fans" or non-Laker fans, it matters not to me.

Interesting to note how indirect commentary is often directly attacked. Such a curious phenomenon.
A curious phenomenon indeed!

Although, I'm curious why you would point that out in response to me simply making a simple request that suggests nothing and accuses no one of anything.

smh.gif
at trevor

pimp.gif
at artest

im pissed at trevor for as he would say, "feeling insulted" by the lakers offer.

how much was someone who scored 8.9 points per game with 4 rebounds expecting to get? i wouldn't be suprised if he screwed himself over long term withthis. if he doesn't deliver, the rockets are going to regret the deal, he'll be shopped around within 2 seasons and come 5 years from now i doubthe'll be able to get another big contract as opposed to if he stayed with a team he fit perfect with, got potential endorcements locally and got anotherdecent payday in a few years.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Burns1923:
23ska909red02:
Burns1923:
I love the 0-to-60 championship predictions when transactions like this take place. Love 'em.

I can see a time when NBA seasons aren't actually played but instead computer-simulated.

Congrats to the 2010, 2012, 2013, 2018, and 2025 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers.

Well deserved.
I would just like you to pay particular attention to the NON-LAKER FANS making LAKER CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS, talking about how it's a wrap for the league, ready to give up hope on their team, etc., etc., etc.

That is all.

KTHXBYE

Didn't single anyone out; just commenting on the prevailing 'mood' I perceive. If that includes Laker fans, "Laker fans" or non-Laker fans, it matters not to me.

Interesting to note how indirect commentary is often directly attacked. Such a curious phenomenon.

Although, I'm curious why you would point that out in response to me simply making a simple request that suggests nothing and accuses no one of anything.

Well, you did feel the need to directly and singularly reply to MY comments; comments that truly didn't single anyone out.

So, there's that.

But, yeah, circular logic... a game people play.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

smh.gif
at trevor

pimp.gif
at artest

im pissed at trevor for as he would say, "feeling insulted" by the lakers offer.

how much was someone who scored 8.9 points per game with 4 rebounds expecting to get? i wouldn't be suprised if he screwed himself over long term with this. if he doesn't deliver, the rockets are going to regret the deal, he'll be shopped around within 2 seasons and come 5 years from now i doubt he'll be able to get another big contract as opposed to if he stayed with a team he fit perfect with, got potential endorcements locally and got another decent payday in a few years.

you think LA would of kept Ariza if they Artest was isn't the plan? Ariza played himself thinking he was worth more and now is an outsider looking in. Hedid well in the playoffs when it counted, but he was very inconsistent. Good Luck Ariza

Burns1923:
23ska909red02:
Burns1923:
23ska909red02:
Burns1923:

Well deserved.

That is all.

KTHXBYE

Well, you did feel the need to directly and singularly reply to MY comments; comments that truly didn't single anyone out.
My request to you didn't single anyone out either, though. I twas directed at someone, obviously, but I didn't point anyone out.

C'mon, man... just stop.
laugh.gif
You commented indirectly about a mood youperceived; I made a request regarding that observation.

Done and done.

Am I the only one that feels that Burns and 23ska909thingamajggy talk to each other, it feels like the same person is talking? Except with different opinions?LOL. Could be just me.

23ska909red02 wrote:

C'mon, man... just stop.
laugh.gif
You commented indirectly about a mood you perceived; I made a request regarding that observation.

Done and done.

Me stop?

And, please tell, why did you make that request regarding that observation?

I've seen it before - anything remotely contrary said involving the Lakers (and therefore upsetting at face value to some, or many) and the over-sensitivereplies start.

Part of the scenery here, I know. I wasn't the first NTer to encounter it. Won't be the last.

I threw in my 2 cents with the rest.

Fin.

cassie-shaved-head.jpg

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

smh.gif
at trevor

pimp.gif
at artest

how much was someone who scored 8.9 points per game with 4 rebounds expecting to get? i wouldn't be suprised if he screwed himself over long term with this. if he doesn't deliver, the rockets are going to regret the deal, he'll be shopped around within 2 seasons and come 5 years from now i doubt he'll be able to get another big contract as opposed to if he stayed with a team he fit perfect with, got potential endorcements locally and got another decent payday in a few years.

you think LA would of kept Ariza if they Artest was isn't the plan? Ariza played himself thinking he was worth more and now is an outsider looking in. He did well in the playoffs when it counted, but he was very inconsistent. Good Luck Ariza
yeah he played himself,

i'm more salty about the way he left though. the mle was really insulting for him? even if he found it insulting keep that to yourself. get the helloutta here with that crap trevor and your stupid agent. i understand he wants to get paid and thats the business side of things but really though thatoffer was insulting for someone who was a nobody prior to comming to the lakers and despite those two steals in the playoffs in a series they would have wonregardless, he averaged 6 points a game last season and 8 points this season. how much did he really expect.

oh well he showed his true colors though after giving all that i wanna stay in los angeles lies and bullcrap.

every time he touches the ball whenever he comes back he needs to get booed out the building. the fans need to not be soft and give him hell everytime therockets come to la. what he did during his time here was appreciated but the way he left and him and his agent handled things really left a bad taste in mymouth.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Am I the only one that feels that Burns and 23ska909thingamajggy talk to each other, it feels like the same person is talking? Except with different opinions? LOL. Could be just me.
I don't know, Burns and Ska have different prose.

I don't understand how he finds the MLE insulting when multiple teams were offering it too. So by that account, aren't all teams insulting him?

highway robbery. getting artest for that cheap is just sick.

i hate watching teams actually close deals whereas the warriors just fiddle around and get as close as they can to make a deal, only to pull out. dumb.

Crazy that the Lakers got Artest for 3 years for the same amount that some undeserving players nearly make in 1 year.

Should be a really great season for the Lakers. Makes them a lot tougher and honest.

Now they just need to get rid of Luke Walton

After further review, Ron's deal is 5 years 33M. Basically the same as Ariza's, according to the dude at CBS who initially broke the news of Artestheading to LA. So yeah, let's take his word for it.

With Ariza, Bucher said it was basically, LA offering the MLE. Ariza and his agent felt like they could get more so I guess they balked. LA said go out and seewhat you can get and come back to us. And then this firestorm happened.

Originally Posted by franchise3

After further review, Ron's deal is 5 years 33M. Basically the same as Ariza's, according to the dude at CBS who initially broke the news of Artest heading to LA. So yeah, let's take his word for it.

With Ariza, Bucher said it was basically, LA offering the MLE. Ariza and his agent felt like they could get more so I guess they balked. LA said go out and see what you can get and come back to us. And then this firestorm happened.
Damn it, I knew it was too good to be true
mad.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Crazy that the Lakers got Artest for 3 years for the same amount that some undeserving players nearly make in 1 year.

Should be a really great season for the Lakers. Makes them a lot tougher and honest.

Now they just need to get rid of Luke Walton
Rather Sasha than Luke...

Man they must of been working on this deal for a while, cause Artest was at UCLA like everyday back in early june

The Los Angeles Lakers and Artest have struck an agreement in principal on a multiyear contract that, according to sources close to the process, will total roughly $18.7 million over three years or $33.5 million over five years, depending on which contract structure Artest ultimately prefers.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by Al3xis

GOD DAMN.

Welcome, LeBron.
roll.gif
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
What are you "
roll.gif
" about?

You posted this yourself:
Originally Posted by outacontrol music

daniel artest:I want Ron to sign with Cleveland but Lebron unloyalty to his city is probably the reason y he won't. But lebron needs to stop bull*&%@#.
eek.gif

ether....type that make your soul burn slow....
You know damn well your gut turned into a pretzel when you read that. We already know Artest and Lebron had a convo about him joining the Cavs, soyou know Artest's brother wouldn't make that $@#$ up. Bron isn't committed to playing for the Cavs beyond this season and players don't wannago there because of that. Y'all better hope you win the 'chip next season...

Back
Top Bottom