Ron Paul Thread. "Farewell Address" Pt.1 Vid and text.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Rasmussen which is the biggest right wing NEOCON polling organization has Obama 44 Paul 34.... Released yesterday...Just thought I'd rain on your parade some more..

Fixed.

How are those Corporate/Bank donations for Obama doing?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Like I said before, Ron Paul has a better chance at becoming President of the NAACP than he does at becoming President of the United States.
And how much support does Obama have now from the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus after saying this to them...
"Take off your bedroom slippers, put on your marching shoes.  Shake it off.  Stop complaining, stop grumbling, stop crying.  We are going to press on. We’ve got work to do, CBC.

Like I said before, Ron Paul has a better chance at becoming President of the NAACP than he does at becoming President of the United States.
And how much support does Obama have now from the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus after saying this to them...
"Take off your bedroom slippers, put on your marching shoes.  Shake it off.  Stop complaining, stop grumbling, stop crying.  We are going to press on. We’ve got work to do, CBC.

Probably the same amount that he had before saying what he said.  Maybe Obama felt like he can get away with saying what he said because he is black and we can be and have to be the most critical of ourselves at times, and not allow people from outside the family to do so.  I have no problem with what he said and the context of it as I heard the entire speech, not just bits and pieces.  Bottomline, it is time for us to stop complaining.  We have to learn how to take care of us.   

Black unemployment surged to 16.7% in August 2011, its highest level since 1984,

.......and you think somehow that's his fault??

Obama's base is crumbling.
Time will tell.

Probably the same amount that he had before saying what he said.  Maybe Obama felt like he can get away with saying what he said because he is black and we can be and have to be the most critical of ourselves at times, and not allow people from outside the family to do so.  I have no problem with what he said and the context of it as I heard the entire speech, not just bits and pieces.  Bottomline, it is time for us to stop complaining.  We have to learn how to take care of us.   

Black unemployment surged to 16.7% in August 2011, its highest level since 1984,

.......and you think somehow that's his fault??

Obama's base is crumbling.
Time will tell.

Cornel West, a Princeton University professor and leading black intellectual, is harshly criticizing President Obama, a candidate he once supported but now calls “a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats.

Cornel West, a Princeton University professor and leading black intellectual, is harshly criticizing President Obama, a candidate he once supported but now calls “a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats.

That comment from Cornel West doesn't really surprise me, in part due to him Dr. West aligning himself with Tavis Smiley and Co. who has been saying negatives things about President Obama since Day 1.............literally sine he took office on Day 1.  To that I say, if Dr. West and the rest of them think a Republican by chance is going to do better by them and for them (ha ha) I say go jump ship to the other side then.

That comment from Cornel West doesn't really surprise me, in part due to him Dr. West aligning himself with Tavis Smiley and Co. who has been saying negatives things about President Obama since Day 1.............literally sine he took office on Day 1.  To that I say, if Dr. West and the rest of them think a Republican by chance is going to do better by them and for them (ha ha) I say go jump ship to the other side then.

^ Glad you peeped that. Those two been throwing salt in his game from day one. I personally think it's baseless and more personal than anything. It's a shame what we still do to each other no matter how educated we are. I won't ever forget what Jessie Jackson said about Obama on the air. Smh....

^ Glad you peeped that. Those two been throwing salt in his game from day one. I personally think it's baseless and more personal than anything. It's a shame what we still do to each other no matter how educated we are. I won't ever forget what Jessie Jackson said about Obama on the air. Smh....

Originally Posted by beh235

Thank you.  Yeah, I definitely see what's going on and it's a shame some other folks don't see it as well.  I think something been going on with President Obama and Dr. Cornel West for quite some time now.  I"m guessing it has to do with that incident that took place with Dr. Henry Gates and the community police a few years ago and the way President Obama addressed the matter.  

Maybe President Obama has upset some of the more outspoken members of the black community for just reasons and maybe he hasn't.  It's interesting that you bring up Jesse Jackson because that's a prime example of the "crab mentality" that still exists within our community.  That clown Jesse Jackson was ripping then Senator Obama on the air and then that FRAUD had the nerve to be up front and center the night of the election crying like a baby when Obama won the election.  Jesse Jackson definitely should have been crying, 1 for trashing Obama the way he did and 2 for being lucky that bullet didn't hit him on that balcony with MLK.  What could have been if only they switched locations on that balcony..........

Originally Posted by beh235

Thank you.  Yeah, I definitely see what's going on and it's a shame some other folks don't see it as well.  I think something been going on with President Obama and Dr. Cornel West for quite some time now.  I"m guessing it has to do with that incident that took place with Dr. Henry Gates and the community police a few years ago and the way President Obama addressed the matter.  

Maybe President Obama has upset some of the more outspoken members of the black community for just reasons and maybe he hasn't.  It's interesting that you bring up Jesse Jackson because that's a prime example of the "crab mentality" that still exists within our community.  That clown Jesse Jackson was ripping then Senator Obama on the air and then that FRAUD had the nerve to be up front and center the night of the election crying like a baby when Obama won the election.  Jesse Jackson definitely should have been crying, 1 for trashing Obama the way he did and 2 for being lucky that bullet didn't hit him on that balcony with MLK.  What could have been if only they switched locations on that balcony..........

What were these things said since Day 1? Just curious. I do know he was critical of him winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

What were these things said since Day 1? Just curious. I do know he was critical of him winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

That 11 point plan by Ron Paul is awful.

A few questions:

1. Without income taxes, what will he do for tax revenue? That's just as bad as Bachman's cut the corporate income tax to 0. Then how will he balance the budget with no revenue. There isn't that much wasteful spending.(sounding like John McCain "I will go line by line and veto any earmark")

2. End the Fed and replace it with what?

3. Dr. Paul believes in a strong national defense? That means more of the same trillions of dollars in military spending.

4. A tax credit for education? I thought Dr. Paul was against government giving tax credits, I thought he wants the free market to decide who goes to school?

5. End the EPA and allow prosecution of polluters by citizens? I don't even...

That 11 point plan by Ron Paul is awful.

A few questions:

1. Without income taxes, what will he do for tax revenue? That's just as bad as Bachman's cut the corporate income tax to 0. Then how will he balance the budget with no revenue. There isn't that much wasteful spending.(sounding like John McCain "I will go line by line and veto any earmark")

3. Dr. Paul believes in a strong national defense? That means more of the same trillions of dollars in military spending.

4. A tax credit for education? I thought Dr. Paul was against government giving tax credits, I thought he wants the free market to decide who goes to school?

Ron Paul's 11 point plan looks like it will ether this country
30t6p3b.gif
. No @*++#*% way I'm voting for this dude, no @*++#*% way 

Ron Paul's 11 point plan looks like it will ether this country
30t6p3b.gif
. No @*++#*% way I'm voting for this dude, no @*++#*% way 

1. Without income taxes, what will he do for tax revenue?

Cuts in spending, Excise taxes, and non-protectionist tariffs.  How in the world did this country last for so long with out an Income Tax?

Currency with intrinsic value.

Where has he said that he would maintain military spending or increase it?

Tax credits are monies that are retained by the individual so they have a choice where to send their kid, with the money they EARNED not money that was GIVEN to them. Tax credits aren't subsidies. Vouchers are subsidies.

Do you understand the concept of Private Property?

1. Without income taxes, what will he do for tax revenue?

Cuts in spending, Excise taxes, and non-protectionist tariffs.  How in the world did this country last for so long with out an Income Tax?

Currency with intrinsic value.

Where has he said that he would maintain military spending or increase it?

Tax credits are monies that are retained by the individual so they have a choice where to send their kid, with the money they EARNED not money that was GIVEN to them. Tax credits aren't subsidies. Vouchers are subsidies.

Originally Posted by rashi

Do you?  If you pollute the local rivers, oceans, and destroy the air and drinking water, you are doing damage to my personal property.  What if I can't afford a lawyer to prosecute someone? 

Oh, just let the free market decide, right?

Do you?  If you pollute the local rivers, oceans, and destroy the air and drinking water, you are doing damage to my personal property.  What if I can't afford a lawyer to prosecute someone? 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Sure do.

These local rivers, oceans, and drinking water you speak of are all government property or managed by it. So see yourself are admitting that government property is a huge contributor to pollution. Where's the legal recourse? Sue the government?
laugh.gif

As for air is concerned, you have to prove guilt, liability, casualty of aggression, or proof of causation if there is damage or harm to you and/or your property. Then, the aggressor of your property damage would be brought to court, and then could you prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

Unfortunatly, this Justice System does not recognize the concept of Homestead. See Kilo v. City of New London.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Sure do.

These local rivers, oceans, and drinking water you speak of are all government property or managed by it. So see yourself are admitting that government property is a huge contributor to pollution. Where's the legal recourse? Sue the government?
laugh.gif

As for air is concerned, you have to prove guilt, liability, casualty of aggression, or proof of causation if there is damage or harm to you and/or your property. Then, the aggressor of your property damage would be brought to court, and then could you prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

Unfortunatly, this Justice System does not recognize the concept of Homestead. See Kilo v. City of New London.

Back
Top Bottom