Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

copped a vintage Nike windbreaker for $10 to rock w. volcanos

the Kith breaker works just more of a dope collection then something I would consider wearing unless I really wanted to stand out. it's 90s with a modern twist. some cats will mess with it and some guys will be more subtle with their approach

The volcanos come with Three set of ROPE laces smh. I will rock mine with plain flat white or burgundy laces 

Last edited:
Eh, I don't think the jacket is too bad. The fact that it's a wind breaker that he's releasing in fall is a bit of a head scratcher though. I get what some of you are saying about the branding, but a lot of people are label ******. Think of the dudes that STILL sag their pants just low enough to see they're LV belt below their shirts. Not to mention a lot of people in the sneaker community are pretentious d bags. I mean I get why people would like it/cop it, but I still don't understand why it's a windbreaker.

i prefer the OG coves, simply because i prefer the GL3 model over V's...

but i think that ebay dude's pix are just bad lighting...

they look two toned here in his pix:

but here in the pic Gabe white balanced, they don't:

then here in the pic of RF wearing a pair, they don't look two toned either:
He has like 4 different samples of these. Seen them with my own eyes.

One even has a grey shiny tongue

as for tomorrows release.. ive been practicing my refresh techinique with mercer mondays.. any chance they switch up how they display the volcanos.. i remember them shutting site down for ECP until they went live.. what i cant remember, was once it re-opened was the site all ECP products only? or did it have the same home page links?

Yeah those GLVs have to be different samples. The first pic is definitely two-toned regardless of the lighting.

now i feel like i shouldnt get the windbreaker and wear it because i dont want people to think im a pretentious d bag but i realized i dont give a **** and no one around here knows sht about shoes. 

now i feel like i shouldnt get the windbreaker and wear it because i dont want people to think im a pretentious d bag but i realized i dont give a **** and no one around here knows sht about shoes. 
Nobody is going to think that. If you like the colors then buy it

hahaha this. im the only one i know in my area that actually even slightly knows about shoes. runners in particular.

hahaha this. im the only one i know in my area that actually even slightly knows about shoes. runners in particular.

Same, everyone here drolls over Jordans.. Lebron is getting more popular though.

I live in VA and the majority of "sneakerheads" here are beasts. People camp out for foams that are still sitting in stores, everybody has Roshes all of a sudden, and no one really has any sneaker knowledge prior to what's came out in the last 2 years. It's pretty sad that people mean mug each other when they're wearing the same kicks. It's just shoes for crying out loud.

I live in VA and the majority of "sneakerheads" here are beasts. People camp out for foams that are still sitting in stores, everybody has Roshes all of a sudden, and no one really has any sneaker knowledge prior to what's came out in the last 2 years. It's pretty sad that people mean mug each other when they're wearing the same kicks. It's just shoes for crying out loud.
thats so true, im from Richmond.. and they look at me like i have 3 eyes and a thumb sticking out of my head when im in town, wearing mercers, and runners... VA has no sneaker knowledge, besides, retro J's, brons, and foams... they just started getting into KD's.. but no one wears runners.. unless they are really running..lol

thats so true, im from Richmond.. and they look at me like i have 3 eyes and a thumb sticking out of my head when im in town, wearing mercers, and runners... VA has no sneaker knowledge, besides, retro J's, brons, and foams... they just started getting into KD's.. but no one wears runners.. unless they are really running..lol

I def second that

i just noticed something while looking at the pics of the "cove" glvs. 

im a sucker for suede/pigskin/nubuck/leather on runners.  the more the better imo. 

so my initial thought on the glvs was, i wish the tongue was the same nubuck as the rest of the upper instead of the nylon/neoprene material (had the same thoughts on the volcanoes tbh)

similar to the style of a few previous gl3 collabs:

but then it hit me.  those types of materials will never be able to be utilized on the tongue/ankle collar of the glv model because it is a one piece, boot style tongue and must be able to stretch to allow the foot in.  only meshs, nylons, neoprenes that are able to stretch(instantly) can be used.  therefore the only thing that will ever change on that part on the glv model would be the color. 

this realization made me slightly sad
ohwell.gif

wont stop me from purchasing tho
pimp.gif

Yeah but, I'm talking about hardcore sneaker heads, not the guys who always shop at footlocker and the mall for everything and wear mega corny shirts that say something about "swag" in matching colors to their ugly foams.

The matchy matchy thing has been played out for a hot minute.

You'd look equally as corny wearing a full matching suit with your RF Asics, all saying kith across them. Talk about a Stan...

Plus I just don't get down with the whole exclusive "just us" thing... I'm not interested in the shoes to feel like I'm part of some too cool for school gang, I just want shoes that look good to me, whether others have them or not. I mean, I get it, but it's one thing to kinda feel good on the low that not everyone and their brother will be rocking the same shoes as you around town, it's a whole other thing to make an entire brand and slogan around that concept, and push that holier than thou vibe that far (I don't even understand these kids, like the kid who got a "just us" tattoo, like, for what? Just us what? Anyone can cop the shoes if they get lucky on RD or pay resellers, so what are you a part of exactly? The only cats truly in the "just us gang" are RF and his boys).

That said, I've supported RF and Kith and defended them against baseless hate by "runner elitists" (on the other forum, they have the worst attitudes evar over there), but I have no blind loyalty to a guy with his own personal Asics iD access and a store... I just call it like I see it (and I've heard thru the grapevine some of the Kith guys don't like me because of it)... I've only bought some of his Asics cuz I like the colorways, and mercer pants cuz the cuffs are tighter than the others. Nothing more. I give props where they're deserved, defend against baseless hate, but also call it like I see it if I don't like something, or against crappy customer service.
There are more people in the sneaker community that rock a matching shirt with the shoes. Its just that WDYWT would have you believe that matching everything is gone. Go to one of those sneaker conventions, go to a sneaker release and your gonna see the guy with a black and red tee matching his black and red sneakers. Thats just how a lot of people in and out of the sneaker community dresses.

Also I think your taking their phrase aka motto to heart. It's a mantra the brand lives by. At the end of the day regardless of what happens its "Just Us", not sure what there is to not get. Its a selling point for the brand to make the consumer feel some sort of empowerment or self supremacy. All brands do it in a different way, some brands like Gucci do it in a more monetary way such as selling belts for 600 knowing that only a small group can and would buy a belt for 600 and when they do they like to let it be known they got money by flashing that Gucci belt(cause lets be serious, who really sees your belt if your wearing regular clothing? typically its covered)

You don't have to keep defending yourself against buying the shoes btw. Fact is your a supporter of the RF products and that is fine.

Bruh if you like it, but it. Don't nobody day gon be ruined cause you bought it. Its probably over priced anyways

MAybe down in that area, but in Northern VA, there is a large variety of kicks. You don't see them unless you move around the area. Don't expect to see tons of different shoes if all you do is go to Pentagon City mall(not saying you do)
Where in VA are you?

Back
Top Bottom