Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

If these are really $200, then in Cali they'll be ~ $220 plus another $10 for shipping. NYC will cost the same, I am sure.  What a joke/rip.

Back to Ronnie's kicks though haha

The more I look at the sand the more I like them may crack my top 3 of Ronnie's releases. I really like the balance of the color blocking. I can understand people not liking the TPU Stabilizer on the heal, but that's not because of Ronnie that's from the designers in 92. Personally I don't mind it and I can't wait to get a pair when they release online. 
I agree that the sand colorway is the better of the two. I will try for that one, maybe not too hard though.

It is not Ronnie's fault that the stabilizer is there.

I hope it's not his fault that was the model he used. Maybe Asics forced it on him.

If he chose a questionable model willingly then it is his fault for that. Asics has way better models waiting to be retroed. 

Here is a quick example:

^^^I think someone said the gr Gel Sight that came out was $180 so people started guessing it would only be right if Ronnie charged more. The champagne Gel Sight was on AFEW for €129.90 ($150usd?) the other day. That's where everyone should start their guess for price.

Last edited:

^^^I think someone said the gr Gel Sight that came out was $180 so people started guessing it would only be right if Ronnie charged more. The champagne Gel Sight was on AFEW for €129.90 ($150usd?) the other day. That's where everyone should start their guess for price.
The GR was only 149.00 on endclothing and their prices are always higher overseas than in the US. 

that's 129 euro including vat. Take off the 19% and you're looking more like 120 usd

Even better. Lets get a shoe around $150. Everyone will start to get that feeling of the shoe growing on them then.
I think you're getting your hopes up at $150. The trend has been a general increase in pricing in the sneaker world. No way these are priced below $175.

ECP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WCP

However the WCP are still clean...

To bad I'll be working during the release....
mean.gif

damn kith filters, both shoes looking gorgeous in those look book photos! initially i was leaning towards the navy pair (dubbed the atlantic) but the more i look at the pacific joints the more i like them.

^^ I suppose.

When people from the east coast describe going coast to coast it's literally going from one ocean to another. 

Lots of inspiration comes from the ocean. Has inspiration come from the ocean throughout history? Yes. Is it original? No. Neither one of us know what is going on in the dude's head. I just don't see the point on bagging on someone's inspiration just because I don't agree with it.

The story, collaborator and/or inspiration is not on my mind when I buy and wear my shoes, the execution is, which translates into how i'm going to wear them. Is it cool sometimes to have a nice little story? Sure. Does it ultimately make or break a purchase? Never seen it happen. The story and/or inspiration of the Flamingos is wack as hell. Yet that is considered one of his best shoes because of the execution. 

How inspirational is a Knicks team colorway and a Miami Dolphins colorway?  
Not very inspired but it made more sense considering it was repping the East, whereas this lacks the representation of the West. Should've been dubbed Coast to Coast if you ask me.

And the story has made/broken the purchase for some. I've seen it happen here for a New Balance.

You mentioned the Flamingos, that was just him wanting to make a dope kick out of a color scheme of a flamingo. Take a concept and make something ill. He took the concept of ECP, for the WCP but took it to an direction to where it no longer seemed to be in the same essence.

Had he just came out and brought these out without mentioning anything about a WCP I wouldn't have critiqued it how i have recently.

Seeing the shoe, I am a fan. BUT still find "the ocean" a bit corny. Had they been attributed to his business venture of bringing KITH to another coast it would've been different, and bit better tbh because it would justify slapping that KITH logo on the back and tongue.

Last edited:
Thst is the concept behind the ocean theme though, bringing Kith from NY to LA. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Thst is the concept behind the ocean theme though, bringing Kith from NY to LA. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
Lol it's that the ECP brought pride in two great cities in the East. you'd expect the same for the WCP, borrowing colors from two cities from the West, but it took a different approach.

ECP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WCP

However the WCP are still clean...

To bad I'll be working during the release....
mean.gif
agreed ECP is far better, but WCP is still clean as it gets. I'll be there early if any NTers are there, hoping to take care of some of yall who have hit my inbox up. Don't forsee them being $200 but if so 
nerd.gif
 and with that Cali sales tax 
mean.gif

Not very inspired but it made more sense considering it was repping the East, whereas this lacks the representation of the West. Should've been dubbed Coast to Coast if you ask me.

And the story has made/broken the purchase for some. I've seen it happen here for a New Balance.

You mentioned the Flamingos, that was just him wanting to make a dope kick out of a color scheme of a flamingo. Take a concept and make something ill. He took the concept of ECP, for the WCP but took it to an direction to where it no longer seemed to be in the same essence.

Had he just came out and brought these out without mentioning anything about a WCP I wouldn't have critiqued it how i have recently.

Seeing the shoe, I am a fan. BUT still find "the ocean" a bit corny. Had they been attributed to his business venture of bringing KITH to another coast it would've been different, and bit better tbh because it would justify slapping that KITH logo on the back and tongue.
+1^^ It was a mistake to name drop the ECP to help sell this as the WCP. Should have made it a stand alone project "Coast to Coast". I said it you coined it lol. This is good conversation here.

All these people that have been complimenting about these shoes, here, FB or anywhere else have yet to bring up the story really. The story/inspiration is not the real reason people won't buy this shoe. Most people that are saying they won't buy this shoe have a vendetta against Ronnie for whatever various reasons there are out there. Me personally I just look at the shoes.

Like I was saying before it's cool to have a nice little story or a nice explanation of the inspiration. Is it necessary? Hell no. J Crew NBs are a perfect example, straight shoes, the ones that are dope sell fast and the ones that are whatever sit then go on sale and then sell.

YOU don't even mess with the story/inspiration he referenced and you still like the pack, because of the execution. I could care less for the story/inspiration either. What I do like is how he executed that "Pacific" colorway and I will probably go for that. 

One thing for sure that I was bothered with at first but not so much right now is the branding. I understand why it is not liked and I understand why it's there too, so im over that one. Same reason he is trying to tie this into the ECP. Trying to get those consumers up and have the ne consumers be able to tell who did what. I see branding is going to start to happen a lot more with the collaborators so we should get used to it and not just bash Ronnie for it because he isn't the only person that is starting or already branding their collabs.

Back
Top Bottom