Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

I'm more inclined to believe that items made in China were manufactured without exercising fair labor laws.

-Drew

For what it’s worth, when China became the world’s factory decades ago (80s), they pulled 500 million people out of poverty. I’ve spent time in textile factories there and at least the ones I’ve been in treat the employees well. They dorm and feed them. It’s not anything close to US standards, but not close to how bad it was years back. Sure there are bad players, but there are in every country and every industry.

Around Chinese New Year where roughly 1/3 of employees leave the industrial areas and stay home and don’t return that impacts quality. Outside of that China makes very good quality low technology products. They pretty much dominate the global textile industry. In the coming decades you’ll probably see garments, shoes, etc move from China to Africa.

98% of clothes bought in America are made outside of the US. I personally have no issue wearing anything Chinese made, the quality Of construction is very good. Most times quality of materials used is the biggest differentiator.

j1.jpg
j2.jpg
j3.jpg

Images Via @koala_hsh

haha na I think I'm good with 10. I'd probably pay $1k resell for a pair but paying $1k and getting no shoes would suck. I'd rather just donate to a charity and be able to write it off.
Bro I’ma call and harass you daily if you even think about dropping money on the max ticnkets

I remember when Nike did this for the mags

it was mayhem, saw a fb post back when that happened where some random dude got the mags delivered to him, ups messed up the delivery lmao

For what it’s worth, when China became the world’s factory decades ago (80s), they pulled 500 million people out of poverty. I’ve spent time in textile factories there and at least the ones I’ve been in treat the employees well. They dorm and feed them. It’s not anything close to US standards, but not close to how bad it was years back. Sure there are bad players, but there are in every country and every industry.

Around Chinese New Year where roughly 1/3 of employees leave the industrial areas and stay home and don’t return that impacts quality. Outside of that China makes very good quality low technology products. They pretty much dominate the global textile industry. In the coming decades you’ll probably see garments, shoes, etc move from China to Africa.

98% of clothes bought in America are made outside of the US. I personally have no issue wearing anything Chinese made, the quality Of construction is very good. Most times quality of materials used is the biggest differentiator.

If that really is the case, then I'm happy to hear.

Quality does mostly matter on the materials used. How is the quality of the materials used on most made in China products?

I'm just being honest with myself and others. You would really choose a garment with a Made in China tag over say USA, Canada, Japan, Portugal?

-Drew

Last edited:
I honestly don't care where it's made. Let me touch it and feel the material and I'll pick based on that. In a perfect world, sure Made in the USA is cool but I'm not picking a lesser material bc it was put together here.

I agree in terms of the material used. I can never argue against that.
I don't think I've ever seen the materials used on a Made in USA piece being terrible though.

-Drew

If that really is the case, then I'm happy to hear.

Quality does mostly matter on the materials used. How is the quality of the materials used on most made in China products?

I'm just being honest with myself and others. You would really choose a garment with a Made in China tag over say USA, Canada, Japan, Portugal?

-Drew

Textiles is a low tech and very mature industry all things being equal, same/same in terms of quality of production, the people making the product. This industry has and will always chase the lowest cost for labor unless the location carries value for the brand. On this board, I know I’m in the minority being in the textiles industry. For our products that are made in various US locations and Mexico are of the same quality.

I think made in a specific country does matter to a degree marketing/brand wise. Also specific materials/fabrics are only made in specific factories In specific locations in the world. So if you’re in Milan for example, there may be a specific tailor/brand and the way they design and make a suit and use specific materials is unique to them, that’s bespoke. Most people don’t shop for that since it’s much more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom