Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

I'm really feeling the salmon toe kildares. Don't know what to think about this release though and how difficult it's going to be.

I'm in the same boat. I am going for them for sure, just don't know if it will be anything like the asics releases. I still plan on treating it like an asics release, but with all the other indigo label stuff coming out who knows. It doesn't seem like too many people are clamoring for them. Hopefully everyone is still broke from their cove/mint/bleeker cops

nah, just not all of us are suckers who buy into any and every thing this dude releases.

not saying you are, btw, you might genuinely like them...

just seems there are a ton of people who slurp on any and every thing.

take RF's name off these clarks, for instance, and NONE of you would even look at them...
roll.gif

hype will make some people buy ANYTHING...
laugh.gif

hype is a helluva drug...

man i have to agree on the rose gold glv. i can't handle the depart from the original mono & gray.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask (feel free to delete it if its not) but how much are navy/aquas worth now a days?

Throw them on Ebay and find out. There's a slightly used pair on there right now for $600, size 10. Doubt they'll fetch that though. Joints are real clean though. Wasn't quick enough when they went live online a few years ago.

Last edited:
Yea, I'd be curious to see how much those older RF releases actually go for. I always see these BIN prices for like $1500 but I wonder what pairs are actually selling for. One of these days I'll search completed auctions.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask (feel free to delete it if its not) but how much are navy/aquas worth now a days?
i know someone that sold a ds pair sz10 for 650. i have a 10.5 actually pads and i prob wouldnt sell less then 650 

call me crazy, but i just got my coves in. i actually like mints better. i dunno, there's just more character in the mints. maybe it's because i think mints glV > mints gl3. but i'm not convinced about the other way around for coves.

Last edited:
what a ridiculous statement

It's irritating seeing listings for $400+ and people acting like they are the man because they got GLV Coves and it's their first pair of Asics EVER. I'm just saying, it's not that serious. People act like they got some mega limited collab personally hand crafted by RF himself.

I see this constantly and it's irritating...

Kid gets the shoe, brags about them and posts a million HDR photos on all social media accounts.

A week later he's selling them on NDSBG for $350 worn 1x.

I think that's more ridiculous...

Th amount of salt in this thread is amazingly low though. 

agreed, because everyone got pairs lol I know numerous people that got both or doubled up on both.

it's all about the value YOU put into YOUR own shoes

I'm stunting heavy...nobody knows what these are at my job anyway

"This kid got these bright a** shoes on?!?"

I just commented after you, what I said didn't have anything to do with your post. My b.

Man one of my best sneaker decisions has to be deciding to get the mint toe pumas

These joints are damn comfy and look amazing. And they stand out in a clean classy way. Love em

Unrelated, but I very much enjoy your profile picture. 

Thanks man. Vintage polo is a love of mine. Polo in general. I rarely ever wear street wear outside f a few jackets or publish joggers/mercers...hell, I rarely wear anything else but polo period lol

Last edited:
If anyone could help me get mint and cove 3M rope laces please send me PM. I'd greatly appreciate any help / leads.

Also the Kildares this weekend will only be limited to 100 online?

I don't follow hype at all...but I actually like those rose golds. I wish he would take his name off of them then they would be cheaper and It would be an easy cop. But I really do like em. I like the color a lot.

nah, just not all of us are suckers who buy into any and every thing this dude releases.

not saying you are, btw, you might genuinely like them...

just seems there are a ton of people who slurp on any and every thing.

take RF's name off these clarks, for instance, and NONE of you would even look at them...
roll.gif

hype will make some people buy ANYTHING...
laugh.gif

hype is a helluva drug...
The design is dope regardless of who made it- at least in my eyes. I do agree with your point though.

As far as the Clarks: This would be my first pair. In all fairness though, Clarks doesn't have as much marketing strength as Kith. So in a sense, you are right- I probably wouldn't be interested if Clarks designed the shoe instead because I wouldn't have seen them in the first place. Salmon toes are hideous to me, but the super Reds are gorgeous and I will be buying those if I'm able..

purchased a $5 new balance suede eraser/brush and it totally removed that 1 inch glue stain that even jason markk or a normal brush could remove. and now the nap is so buttery

For some reason I'm more appealed by the Mint GL5 than Coves. Would be nice to find a pair size 11.5 for under $350 (subs) lol

The design is dope regardless of who made it- at least in my eyes. I do agree with your point though.

As far as the Clarks: This would be my first pair. In all fairness though, Clarks doesn't have as much marketing strength as Kith. So in a sense, you are right- I probably wouldn't be interested if Clarks designed the shoe instead because I wouldn't have seen them in the first place. Salmon toes are hideous to me, but the super Reds are gorgeous and I will be buying those if I'm able..

Yeah, there are people buying what they genuinely like, but there does seem to be tons of people who buy into any and everything, if it's hyped and limited.

RF is trying to do something diff a little bit, but needs to go full force with it and not apply previously super hyped colorways to try to sell it. Let it stand on it's own. Putting hyped colorways on it and keeping them super limited is always gonna attract the beasts, but it's playing it super safe, trying to ensure the walk away story is they too "sold out instantly", just like his previous strategy with asics (when they were limited to 250 pairs). Keeping the hype machine rolling...

Just seems gimmicky, and of course there's tons of beasts buying into it. Don't know why he'd feel any artistic satisfaction out of that (but perhaps he's over that, and just on his paper chase now)...

The rose golds as they are on those samples will sell out, and yeah, that looks good on paper, and sounds great, but it's not really accomplishing much else, other than making some lose respect for him as an artist.

Reactions: LoX
Back
Top Bottom