Roommates vs. living alone...which one?

Live alone. When you want company just have company. It will be cool to have someone to split the bills with but if you prefer to live alone, then live alone.

I just moved out of my apartment into a new townhouse with my old freshman year roommate and another guy. It's pretty cool so far, really spacious, but I miss some of the things like not having to tiptoe around at night and walking around nakie.
so which one, roomie or alone?

I did the living alone thing and it was cool but when the bills came around it got a little tough.

Each have their benifits. I hate having a roomie in college sometimes cause I cant have my random I'm bored fap sessions or a girl sometimes. Though when you need help with somethings its great.

If you mean housemate, there are pros and cons......I rather live alone tho but close to a friend.

Yeah the bill thing sucks sometimes but I was never really pressed too hard.

What sucks though is there are like 4 dogs here (1 of my own) and a freaking cat that I like, but keeps clawing at my door at 3 am. and then i feel like i can never eat bc their dogs are always begging (ive never given my dog people food).

I feel weird having people over bc i feel like i gotta ask even though we'd just be in my room. besides that its cool though i guess.

great talk.

I look forward to getting my own place.

I've been living with 3 other guys in this apartment for 2 years. Our lease is up next month
frown.gif
. The first couple of weeks were the roughest. Its true when they say you dont know someone until you live with them. Each one of them has pissed me off in their own unique way. Annoying habits, petty disagreements, differences in up bringing.. Eventually everyone just learned to accept how everyone else was.

One thing that really helped was the apartment layout (each had their own room w/ a bathroom), laying down ground rules asap, and everyone being reasonable. We could get away from each other when needed but %%$# always blew over in a day or 2. I'd definitely live with these guys again if it were an option.

One piece of advice: Don't feel obligated to come together on groceries. Unless everyone eats pretty much the same things then dont bother. It'll eventually feel like you paying for other people to eat.

ive been living alone for the past 3 years... i just brought a house and decided to rent a room out to a friend (i trust) to help cut these mortgage payments down. i can use half of that money on a car payment and the save the rest.

the only really negatives i cant smash my girl all over the crib like i used to but im just trying to think of the bigger picture.... my roommate will be paying money on MY investment

I've had the same roommate for the last four years here at school. We get along great but I'm ready for my own space. I'm tired of having to put on pants when I leave my room cuz she might have company or keeping my company in my room. I don't have to but I jus don't want to have people all over the place I guess. I wanna be able to walk in my spot and just take my pants off as soon as I step through the door. After this I'm done with roommates unless it's a SO which really isn't the same thing or maybe my lil brother.

Living alone with cool neighbors >

It's a really good balance. I miss that life.

Roommates are only okay if you can't afford where you're living and/or you're good friends with them.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Live alone. When you want company just have company. It will be cool to have someone to split the bills with but if you prefer to live alone, then live alone.

QFT/ THREAD/

Pony up the dough and live alone. Roommates are just a pain unless you seriously can't live alone and and need a lot of social attention.

I prefer alone.

But the way my family sticks to me like parasites, I can't see myself living alone no matter how far I move away = They'd find me...
smh.gif

Living alone.  When you leave for work (or class) in the morning, your house is the same way as you left it when you return.  Not to mention you have more privacy with living alone. 

After having roomates in undergrad and grad school, Im glad to have my own place ROOMATE/HOUSEMATE FREE
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I've had the same roommate for the last four years here at school. We get along great but I'm ready for my own space. I'm tired of having to put on pants when I leave my room cuz she might have company or keeping my company in my room. I don't have to but I jus don't want to have people all over the place I guess. I wanna be able to walk in my spot and just take my pants off as soon as I step through the door. After this I'm done with roommates unless it's a SO which really isn't the same thing or maybe my lil brother.
nerd.gif

Live alone if you can afford it (seriously consider if you can though).

You don't want to miss out on tail because of your lack of privacy.
tired.gif
grin.gif

I've done both. Living alone this year and I'm about to get three housemates in a few months. Biggest reason I'm doing it is because of cost and I'd like to be around my friends more often.

When you live alone there's just far less headaches to worry about. No dirty dishes that aren't yours, no messes you didn't make yourself, everything is how you want it and there's no discussion for it. Although, if you have cool roommates and you all agree/get along, then there's no problem. Last time I lived with multiple people it was 90% cool. The rare occasions they would come home drunk and punch holes in the wall, or leave dirty dishes out, more times than not it was good times.

If you can afford it, if you can handle not having the daily company majority of the day, and if you have a good group of friends and you won't be left out if you're not living with them, then I would live alone.

Originally Posted by kelislafroy

I just moved out of my apartment into a new townhouse with my old freshman year roommate and another guy. It's pretty cool so far, really spacious, but I miss some of the things like not having to tiptoe around at night and walking around nakie.
so which one, roomie or alone?
Pics?!

Back
Top Bottom