Rosa Parks = Overrated

Originally Posted by Method Man

Good stuff, Meth. The importance of test cases cannot be overstated. I concluded a very short college paper on litigation and the CRM with the following:

In effect, the relationship between the student sit-ins and the litigation was symbiotic because the students needed to avoid arrests and jail time through litigation while the litigators needed the students to continue the sit-ins so test cases could develop across the South. In the end, enough back and forth occurred between the two for rulings to finally help broaden the implications of the equal protection clause into the enactment of Civil Rights Act of 1964. This act desegregated public accommodations in an unprecedented manner.

For those looking to learn about the CRM, the major works that deserve immediate mention are Eyes on the Prize and Taylor Branch's trilogy. Parting the Waters in particular will demonstrate the importance of test cases.

Originally Posted by jerryjones

ehhhh i agree wit the OP

Much respect to Rosa Parks def cant take anything from her

But imo the civil rights movement was overrated

Trolling is getting out of hand. You can't be serious 
indifferent.gif

this has got to be the craziest thing i've read on NT.

its so crazy that it doesnt even deserve a dignified response. no offense to the actual NTer that said it.

Originally Posted by rawdawg34

this has got to be the craziest thing i've read on NT.

its so crazy that it doesnt even deserve a dignified response. no offense to the actual NTer that said it.

Agreed.

Yo bro... I'm being dead serious right now. What do you have against black women? I mean.. I cant tell if you're joking or being serious right now and when you go in on black women on Twitter. Is it personal?

Originally Posted by Steinbeckballa

ehhhh i agree wit the OP

Trolling is getting out of hand. You can't be serious 
indifferent.gif
nah not trollin at all. just look at what malcolm x had to say about the civil rights movement

ehhhh i agree wit the OP

How much do you even know about the Civil Rights Movement other than what you were taught in high school?  Honestly, I would seriously consider this statement if you and/or OP actually backed up your opinions with some actual substance.  You're talking about something that people not only dedicated their lives to, but died for as well.  Must be easy to say what you're saying in the comfort of your own home/life.

ehhhh i agree wit the OP

Hates black people: check
Texas SN: check

Meth, can you ban JD214 again?

Save for the Method Man post, we are all dumber for having gone through this thread.

"But IMO the civil rights movement was overrated" is up there for "Dumbest things I've read" on NT and I've been here almost a decade now.

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

From the Swedish Cake thread: http://niketalk.com/topic...CAKE?page=4#.T45Wh7_Ozag
Originally Posted by DMoney82

I don't even get angry anymore, only because I can't. I am so disgusted with racism it has just left me feeling empty. Hopeless almost, like it will never end and I don't know what to do to help stop it. Duno if anyone gets what I am trying to say.  SMH

OP, not sure if serious?

The **% does this Rosa Parks thread have to do with how I feel about racism? 

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

From the Swedish Cake thread: http://niketalk.com/topic...CAKE?page=4#.T45Wh7_Ozag
Originally Posted by DMoney82

I don't even get angry anymore, only because I can't. I am so disgusted with racism it has just left me feeling empty. Hopeless almost, like it will never end and I don't know what to do to help stop it. Duno if anyone gets what I am trying to say.  SMH

OP, not sure if serious?

i've experienced that feeling and do whenever i enter any racial discussions (not really discussions) with white preservationists

Back
Top Bottom