ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

Come on bro. Do you really not know why the Sirens and Calypsos are going for high dollar? A lot of us got our pairs last year because only a handful of us knew what Roshes were/gave them a chance. It was a brand new model shoe but the $70 price tag didn't help and was labeled by many as a cheap water shoe/house slippers.

Popularity last year is nothing like it is today. Complete night and day difference. People that slept on colorways last year and/or just discovered Roshes as of recent are now seeing last years colorways and realize how unique those colors are and understand how hard they are to come by which is why inflation on Calypsos and Sirens are the way that they are.

A great example you should analyze are the Nike Solarsoft Moccasins that released a few months ago. Sitting on shelves, hitting Nordstrom Rack, going on sale, etc. Now look at the recent Mocassin woven release. Such an awesome shoe but not many know about them but they are starting to gain some steam and attention, especially with those Wovens. The Roshe effect just repeated itself with the Mocassins.
Haha yea i knew why, just trying to spark up conversation with that post.  And i must admit before they even released and  i was reading about them on blogs i didnt think they would spark the mayham that there causing now. I mean did you ever think ppl would line up for a shoe thats actually this simple. But hey atleast more ppl are enjoying the shoe, unfortunately its probably gonna be harder and harder for us to get a hand on a pair that we really want. And im happy nike didnt raise the price like i heard they were. Im sure they had there team looking at ebay prices and gawking over the prices that some of the colorways were fetching.

And yup i have analyzed the solarsoft moccasins and there roshe like rise in popularity. Picked up the black pair on release day and the red a couple weeks after that.  There still on all the websites in full a sz run so if ppl want to get there hands on a pair they better start now before they gotta over pay for them next year.  The hype that the snake skin wovens started recieveing pissed me off cause nobody was talking about them on the blogs and if they were they were saying how ugly they are.  But once they put that there using the same snake skin scales that they used on the yeezy 2 everyone went ape ****. Its crazy how one word in the description of a shoe can change that shoes trajectory, i mean look at the mints right. Exactly the same thing

Loving those silk sheets even more than calypso's, nice!
smokin.gif
Haha thanks man

Haha yea i knew why, just trying to spark up conversation with that post.  And i must admit before they even released and  i was reading about them on blogs i didnt think they would spark the mayham that there causing now. I mean did you ever think ppl would line up for a shoe thats actually this simple. But hey atleast more ppl are enjoying the shoe, unfortunately its probably gonna be harder and harder for us to get a hand on a pair that we really want. And im happy nike didnt raise the price like i heard they were. Im sure they had there team looking at ebay prices and gawking over the prices that some of the colorways were fetching.

And yup i have analyzed the solarsoft moccasins and there roshe like rise in popularity. Picked up the black pair on release day and the red a couple weeks after that.  There still on all the websites in full a sz run so if ppl want to get there hands on a pair they better start now before they gotta over pay for them next year.  The hype that the snake skin wovens started recieveing pissed me off cause nobody was talking about them on the blogs and if they were they were saying how ugly they are.  But once they put that there using the same snake skin scales that they used on the yeezy 2 everyone went ape ****. Its crazy how one word in the description of a shoe can change that shoes trajectory, i mean look at the mints right. Exactly the same thing

I still can't believe what the resell prices of the Mocassin YOTS are going for! Almost all the ones on eBay are tagged with "Yeezy".

Last edited:
Paid retail on both of my pairs last year. =)

But the resell price on them today is averaging anywhere from $200 - $300+. Pretty crazy.
Sigh, there's a listing for calypso's worn 5 times for 200, it doesn't seem like a deal, but I don't want to pass the opportunity. What's a reasonable price I should haggle for?

I still can't believe what the resell prices of the Mocassin YOTS are going for! Almost all the ones on eBay are tagged with "Yeezy".
Me neither. Didnt even imagine they would sell out as fast as they did. Atleast i got my pair for retail because i wasnt gonna pay the $300 some ppl are asking for the 'yeezy" wovens. Smh.

Sigh, there's a listing for calypso's worn 5 times for 200, it doesn't seem like a deal, but I don't want to pass the opportunity. What's a reasonable price I should haggle for?

What size? How do they look after those 5 wears? Smaller sizes tend to fetch higher dollars.

Last edited:

In NorCal - I'd get charged tax and I'd have to go -1sz, but great looking out.

Still better than what they going for on eBay Tokyos are like marked up to $200+

I was about to grab a sz13 for $110 and thought I was doing well IMO. Tax in CA alone would have been almost $9 - shipping from a local retailer in the state another $10 easy. I kind of figured that's really only like $10-15 markup and I can live w/ that. Second guessing now - idk....

Last edited:
Went ahead and ordered myself beaches/mango v2's for my birthday! Can't wait. I'll hopefully receive them in a week, give or take a few days 
smile.gif

Last edited:
I was about to grab a sz13 for $110 and thought I was doing well IMO. Tax in CA alone would have been almost $9 - shipping from a local retailer in the state another $10 easy. I kind of figured that's really only like $10-15 markup and I can live w/ that. Second guessing now - idk....

If you really want them I would say pull the trigger...

Been swamped with school work. Engineering ain't no joke. But uhhhh, beaches haven't dropped yet, right? :nerd:

It's worth it man... I fell in love with them on feet.

To those who have the mids:
Is the insole Lunarlon? The top surface of sole has a fabric kinda feel on top with probably makes it easier to slide your foot into the Mid but the bottom feels a little stiffer than typical lunarlon. Just wondering..

Back
Top Bottom