Royal Foamposite 1s releasing Feb 12 2011 ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!))

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

^^
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dcUA

Damn it! the ridges are not as distinct. I guess all that talk was right. The color on the 2007 is deeper too which is more close to the OGs. 
mad.gif

http://www.flightclubla.c...la&c=bb&i=041376

http://www.flightclubny.c...ny&c=bb&i=040555

Open them in different internet tabs, line them up and go back and forth quickly. I'd expect this from JB but c'mon Nike.
Oh well, still wont stop me from getting a pair. I have a feeling once I get the 2011 and compare them to my OGs I'm going to be disappointed.

wow, when u do that u def. notice a significant difference and not just in color, shape also. glad i still have a ds pair of '07s, but will still cop at least a pair or 2 of '11s to rock for the next few years.
Yeah def. the shape. The back "tongue" is way different too, the blue stripes on the pull loops are different etc etc etc etc
ohwell.gif

BUMMED
frown.gif

I'll have to check them out after I get my first pair before burning another 220 for a second. 

Thanks for doing that...

If money is not an issue do the 07's.

Even the carbon fiber plate is different, what is that in the 2011's? Polkadots?! SMH

I can see myself returning the 2011 once I get them....220 is a lot of money to be unhappy in ANY way with these. That's saying a lot considering this is my fav shoe of all time.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Thanks for doing that...

Even the carbon fiber plate is different, what is that in the 2011's? Circles?! SMH

I can see myself returning the 2011 once I get them....220 is a lot of money to be unhappy in ANY way with these. That's saying a lot considering this is my fav shoe of all time.
mad.gif
mad.gif
$200's already a lot

i want to make sure i'm making the right purchase...if the 07's there, i'll get it....from earlier photos, they don't seem too bad...i'll have to see them for myself

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Thanks for doing that...

Even the carbon fiber plate is different, what is that in the 2011's? Circles?! SMH

mad.gif
mad.gif
$200's already a lot

i want to make sure i'm making the right purchase...if the 07's there, i'll get it....from earlier photos, they don't seem too bad...i'll have to see them for myself
I just took out my OG's to maybe see if it's all in my head.....07's are by far closer to the OG's: color, shape, ridges, back tongue, carbon fiber. Just to give you an example: the carbon fiber on the OG's is almost like a checkerboard pattern......now look at the CF on the 2011's. 
indifferent.gif

In all the 2011 looks flat out cheap. I hope it's just these pictures. The pictures of the 2011 a dozen pages back doesn't make it look tooooo bad, but I didn't have an 07 to compare it to. 

in all honesty, you guys should just buy the 2011s instead of the 2007s unless u get the latter for cheap.

2011s have an icier sole which we all love. groove depth is respectable unlike the 2010 eggplants and some cough drops ive seen.

the shape of the shoes wont even be all that noticeable once they are on your feet and if you dont own 2007s, then you would not even know the difference. they dont have that horrible banana shape nike/jb has known to produce.

this is from someone sitting on 1 used and 1 ds 07 foam plus 1 worn 1 time hoh royals so i know what i am talking about. and yes, i plan on getting at least 2 of these for the collection.

Sucks I didn't have the foresight to buy a 20% off eastbay gift card, would have been easier to double up if I wanted.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Thanks for doing that...

mad.gif
mad.gif
$200's already a lot

I just took out my OG's to maybe see if it's all in my head.....07's are by far closer to the OG's: color, shape, ridges, back tongue, carbon fiber. Just to give you an example: the carbon fiber on the OG's is almost like a checkerboard pattern......now look at the CF on the 2011's. 
indifferent.gif

In all the 2011 looks flat out cheap. I hope it's just these pictures. The pictures of the 2011 a dozen pages back doesn't make it look tooooo bad, but I didn't have an 07 to compare it to. 

and how do they look on your feet from six plus feet away?

The nitpicking is ridiculous.
laugh.gif

And then to turn around and say you're gonna still buy.

I personally like the lighter neon royal. And the sole is icier as BigJ mentioned. The ridges are negligible.

Oh yea, we a month away. Woot!

maybe we should post this every page

feb 12th, its a saturday
$200, yes that is $200

they are not identical to ones from the past.

Holy mackeral thighs...

The grooves, the polka dots... good lawd the recent rendition seems so uninspired it's ridiculous.

Only thing its got goin for itself is the brighter blue.

Somebody...

hold me.

Originally Posted by deionandmelo

feb 12th, its a saturday
$200, yes that is $200

Once we have release dates the thread titles need to be changed. It would eliminate a lot of the questions.

this is the only thing (so far) that irks me...still gonna get one pair(or two if i can get 'em on a discount.)

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

The nitpicking is ridiculous.
laugh.gif

And then to turn around and say you're gonna still buy.

When I pay $220 for a SHOE I expect perfection. I never said I wasn't going to buy - For me there's no way that paying in the $300 range is worth 07's. But for someone that has endless funds it's a different story.
Excuse me for caring about this expensive +@* legendary shoe and my wallet. The reason it bothers me is because I'm not some hypebeast that buys every foamposite. To me their is only one foam, the royal. It's the only foam I'll own - everything else is garbage. All you non-OG owning children might not understand. 

And these new colors? Give me a break. The world doesn't need a teal foamposite, or an army green one...smh.

--

And that circled region might be because of the camera angle. All the small things wont be noticeable, but I hope the color is closer to the OG's, a darker royal. The color is the only thing that will bother me after 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by deionandmelo

feb 12th, its a saturday
$200, yes that is $200

Once we have release dates the thread titles need to be changed. It would eliminate a lot of the questions.
can the OP or NT Staff just change the name to include this?  Needless posts asking the same thing every page gets a little old

circled region is not the camera angle it is the most obvious change from '07-'11 besides the different shade of blue, "back toungue"
laugh.gif
, cf plate and icy sole.

Sucks I didn't have the foresight to buy a 20% off eastbay gift card, would have been easier to double up if I wanted.

I thought I was thinking ahead when I copped $600 worth... def not enough considering all the upcoming heat. JB/Nike cleaning up this 2011. 

circled region is not the camera angle it is the most obvious change from '07-'11 besides the different shade of blue, "back toungue"
laugh.gif
, cf plate and icy sole.
this

i'm really glad that i was able to trade someone my ds cool grey retros for ds 2007 royals
devil.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

laugh.gif
, cf plate and icy sole.
this

i'm really glad that i was able to trade someone my ds cool grey retros for ds 2007 royals
devil.gif
happy.gif

seriously? id trade my ds cool greys for the 2007 foams in a heartbeat!

never can get my hands on a pair of these for retail they sell fast everywhere seems like before release date
fs ds sz 10 eggplant foams
fs ds sz 9.5 jordan 1 black and red high strap
fs vvvnd sz 9.5 lebron dunkman 7

Originally Posted by khalil1988

never can get my hands on a pair of these for retail they sell fast everywhere seems like before release date
ndc, eastbay.com, footlocker.com at midnight. you'll have no problem.

Back
Top Bottom