Royal Foamposite 1s releasing Feb 12 2011 ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!))

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by bigj505

foams used to be great balling shoes because of the durability.
if played in doors, they would last a very long time. just would have scrapes and stuff.

from what i understand, newer retros (including foams and jordans) are not meant to be balling shoes.
the shoes that come in the orange box are sports shoes. the brown box means they are for style.
This,
I like the brown boxes, but they seem less durable than the orange ones.  Seem like they are made from recycled material.  Has anyone noticed that the boxes for the foams seem kind of small for the shoes?  Mine kind of bulge out a bit 

Checked out a pair of "Cough Drop" foam one's sitting at footlocker. Is it me or is the foamposite material thinner on the newer retros?

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

Originally Posted by Error on page

the retro foams have always been the best retro/close'st to the og shoe to me. maybe cuz i dont have to worry about shrunk'n air units or weird shapes. and with their price still being $200 i think it is save to say they were hella over priced in the 90s since their still $200 now.

I thought they retailed for $180 back then.
that is correct. OG Penny foams were $180 retail
I recall the Original being $160, which was the most expensive sneaker for it's time back in 97?  Jordan 11's were $125 and the 12's $135, and I was shocked that they were asking $160 for the foams...

Funny stuff.  You're right, if i were amazing at basketball, i'd be in the NBA like Gilbert instead of posting shiet in here and having to read your not-so-intelligent opinion.

Anyway, I had 2 pairs of 2010 eggplants returned cause they crapped out after a few times on the court as well.  Funny thing about nike is that if they didnt make these shoes for basketball purposes, they sure have a return policy that protects buyers against it.  Returned both pairs of eggplants, and got money credited back to my account no problem.

These newer retros definitely aint for balling purposes, but that wont stop me from balling in them.  When i am balling in a pair of shoe, how much the shoe is worth is the last thing on my mind.  I dont buy all my shoes to have them sit pretty in my closet.  Besides, there is a reason why i double up on shoes that i really like and if all else fails, return them for a credit, right?

Pitty the fool who thinks he has it all figured out.  "Ppl on yo jointz, cause you acting like a clown."

Nah the OG's were 180 - I remember that summer the XI lows released and the foams went on sale for 50% cause no one bought em @ 180 - I still passed and got the XI lows -smh- but it was a Mike vs Penny thing

Originally Posted by nimhet

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by bigj505

foams used to be great balling shoes because of the durability.
if played in doors, they would last a very long time. just would have scrapes and stuff.

from what i understand, newer retros (including foams and jordans) are not meant to be balling shoes.
the shoes that come in the orange box are sports shoes. the brown box means they are for style.
This,
I like the brown boxes, but they seem less durable than the orange ones.  Seem like they are made from recycled material.  Has anyone noticed that the boxes for the foams seem kind of small for the shoes?  Mine kind of bulge out a bit 
Not even funny but they actually are.... Nike went "green" a couple years ago and started using these boxes for the Sportswear line.

I recently heard that a lot of the overseas sites that are selling foams and jordans early (e.g. marquee sole, VMVinc, RMKstore, etc.) are actually selling FAKES.

The way you can tell is by weighing the shoe and comparing it to the weight of the shoes that actually get released in stores. The fakes are a little lighter.

Beware!!

Those are some serious allegations as those sites you mentioned have been selling for a long time.......

^^ cant you tell though if foams are fake?? ... like i've always thought there has never been any where close to a good variant foam. so wouldnt it be obvious for foams? and yeh..thats a big accusation..especially for Marqueesole and RMK and such..

I am sure it wont stop anyone from getting the shoe.  Not that i am suggesting ppl shouldnt get the shoe either.  But if you ball in yours like i do, then make plans to return them to nike if they do flake on you.

is it starting from the top right corner of the pic running towards the middle? if it is thats a BIG %!! crack. or could someone circle it, i really cant see that well

well...at least that groove looks decent.
laugh.gif
sucks about the crack though

In the lower left hand corner, the carbon fiber plates edge looks like it's chipped. Like they obviously used a defective one. That's what he's talking about. Took me a sec to notice it.

Sneaker St- Let's go with the presale Royals. I need these by my birthday which is in January

Originally Posted by solezprogression

I recently heard that a lot of the overseas sites that are selling foams and jordans early (e.g. marquee sole, VMVinc, RMKstore, etc.) are actually selling FAKES.

The way you can tell is by weighing the shoe and comparing it to the weight of the shoes that actually get released in stores. The fakes are a little lighter.

Beware!!
Who did you hear this from? If you can provide evidence we are willing to listen.

good way to slow down your competition, making serious accusations of fakes. please provide some proof or delete that.

i killed my pearls back in 02 to 03 from ballin on black tops lol. i remember everyone balled in foams becuz we were hyped about the fact that these dont "crease" lol

i've never heard shoes being classified as brown or orange box. that's just bull shet !

i've played basketball in foams before, and they are not a good pair of shoes to play in. i've played in slippers, converses, reeboks, whatever you call a SHOE !

playing in foams is just for style. there are far better shoes w/ better technology and fitting for basketball. lets get real..

but if u prefer playing in foams, then that's great.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

i've never heard shoes being classified as brown or orange box. that's just bull shet !

i've played basketball in foams before, and they are not a good pair of shoes to play in. i've played in slippers, converses, reeboks, whatever you call a SHOE !

playing in foams is just for style. there are far better shoes w/ better technology and fitting for basketball. lets get real..

but if u prefer playing in foams, then that's great.
cool story bro.

just tell me what color box r these "better" shoes coming in?
hyperizes, hyperdunks, kobe 5s, etc were all in orange boxes.

do some research

Back
Top Bottom