Rude HOH employees / Jordan Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know most the time they feel frusturated and annoyed from being asked the same questions over and over, but still thats your customer at the end of the day, and its easy to show some respect, the last person that should be giving any attitude is the manager, suppose to be a model for your employees .

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself with that celebrity ****...I dont care who you are lol. Ginuwine Jr Smith Manni Fresh, many spurs players, Kevin martin, adrian peterson, etc have all been in my presence and got the same "Hey how you doing, what were u looking for today?"

EDIT: adrian peterson was cool AF so we ended up having a lil convo about my plans for the future and whatnot :smokin

Only Person im gonna get a lil starstruck over is Kobe :nerd: lol you cant blame me though,

But nah man i see what yall are talking about, but then again i kind of dont, i rotate between two diff stores in HOUSTON and SAN ANTONIO and my staff is legit, none of that that yall speak of...but i guess up north its a diff story.

Last edited:
It just depends on that particular employee and how his day is going. There are plenty of HOH across the United States, don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. 

Well people who work at Foot Locker, HoH, etc. aren't exactly the most goal oriented people in their life. It's no different from working at McDonalds.  They get paid minimum wage, and mostly work there because they can get discounts on the new shoe releases, that they spend their whole paycheck on anyways every release.  So they're broke kids.

I still say your footwear as a customer doesn't determine the type of information you can get or the type of customer service you receive. I've walked into plenty of Foot Lockers with plenty of heat and didn't get any extra attention because of what is on my feet as you suggested. From experiencing this types of behavior first hand, I find it lame that a person is itching to start a conversation with you based on your shoes. I've recognized that look, it's thirsty and immature when they keep looking down. I hate it, if you want to say "nice kicks" just say it, but the staring is lame, sorry that's just my opinion.
I'm curious as to what you said to the floor associate. Usually staff doesn't treat customers as such unless the customer does something really dumb. Not pointing you out, but staff USUALLY doesn't get down like that at NTNY. Pump ya brakes on that minimum wage nonsense. Don't speak on things you have no clue about. I wonder if it's that assumed attitude that warranted the customer service you got.

Now, in my experience in being a former staff member at NTNY, I'd see all types of customers come in with "heat" thinking they know more than the staff, it's not always the case. I can spot them a mile away. As I mentioned they're usually looking down at my feet (when I'm not in staff dress anyway). From my experience, most of them know when things come out, but they ask obvious questions like "Oh, is _________ coming out on the (insert date)?" This doesn't stop us from genuinely answering the question, but after we answer the customer, amongst ourselves we'll be like "they know damn well when the shoes come out, why are they asking stupid ****?" Those are the ones we get annoyed at. Why? because we see them trolling the store 2-3 times a week asking the same stupid *** question. They are trying to gain a hookup by trying to be friendly. I can only speak for me on this, but that's an automatic shut down. I can spot someone being disingenuous in that regard. Being there for so long, I know the types of customers that come in with "heat" thinking they're doing it, but it's funny to me, they do not garner any special attention from our staff because that behavior looks clownish. To be perfectly honest, the shoes they try to show off with walking around the store, there are 2-3 dudes with the exact pair working in them in the basement. I can only speak for me and :smh: when I see people like this roaming around the store.

I'm not talking about regular footlockers or NTNY. NTNY employees are some of the coolest and nicest in the business, I have never had a complaint about a Nike employee. I actually think they're the best in the business.

This thread is called "HOH employees..." Because my beef is strictly with them. And as far as the wearing "heat" issue, In my experience, then the second you walk in they're eyes hit your feet. Depending on what your wearing depends on the service and attitude you get. If they see you wearing Heat they give you more respect and better service, i can only assume, they think your going to spend more money.

and everything else you mentioned, it's not about stupid questions or trying to make connections, it's just walking in and attempting to buy a shoe. If your trying to get a connect in major shoe store, your an idiot. the place to get a connect is NOT in a large chain shoe store, it's in a mom and pop smaller level store, they're less regulated with less rules about releases.

I see what you saying. I just happened to share my experience. It's a bad reflection on that HOH if they're acting like that. You;re right, a lot of store employees act like they are gate keepers of shoes when all they do is pass boxes :lol:. No need to act like that. This is why I don't mess with HOH at all. Personally, I think it's wack.

Every time I am calling in asking about some new releases that i know they won't have but i am just trying to get info, regaurdless of where im calling (NT, NS, NR, FA, FL, or FL) i get treated as i am if i have no idea what im talking about. I mean, i live in the middle of nowhere so it is incredibly difficult for me to get anything "fresh".

Comes down to this, customer service used to be needed to ensure a satisfied customer experience to guarantee a repeat and loyal customer base. But with releases selling out within minutes, reselling and the increased hype these stores don't have to do much else outside of take our money. I hold stores responsible for ppl continuing to ask the same questions. Check every release thread here, despite what's posted online or info given over the phone how many times are tickets given out way before or after we as the consumer were told, how often are rds changed, the list keeps going... Don't go to sneaker stores for the customer experience, they don't need your individual business guaranteed someone will gladly cop ur pair, just get ur kicks and keep it moving fam..

id be mad too if i was getting $9 an hour dressed up like a ref lol
roll.gif
ROFL. For real though, I don't get why they act like they are some big shot for working at a local retail store.

Comes down to this, customer service used to be needed to ensure a satisfied customer experience to guarantee a repeat and loyal customer base. But with releases selling out within minutes, reselling and the increased hype these stores don't have to do much else outside of take our money. I hold stores responsible for ppl continuing to ask the same questions. Check every release thread here, despite what's posted online or info given over the phone how many times are tickets given out way before or after we as the consumer were told, how often are rds changed, the list keeps going... Don't go to sneaker stores for the customer experience, they don't need your individual business guaranteed someone will gladly cop ur pair, just get ur kicks and keep it moving fam..
I agree. I know for a fact we would still go buy the latest release even if the people were rude and had poor customer service skills.

This is very true. I send my girl in the store to get the info now. I get much more info that way. 
This x1000000 lmaoooo I made my girl walk into a million stores for the Blk/Red 4s she got the info for the tickets/raffles/FCFS/RSVP with not a single problem. Then for ***** and giggles I went in like 10 min after her and they told me to check their website or call mall security hahaha 
laugh.gif

You ever see a pregnant referee working at footlocker ?
I have

also anyone remember this

View media item 241552
Yesterday someone Tweeted this photo of a giant monster rat, supposedly discovered at a Foot Locker in the Bronx. You might recognize this guy, as he bears a striking resemblance to the 3-foot-long beast that was stabbed with a pitchfork in Brooklyn last year. That one was believed to be a Gambian pouched rat, and may have been someone's escaped pet. However, it wasn't the first one spotted in that area, and locals believed they were multiplying faster than Gremlins taking a bath.
With this spotting in the Bronx, we think it's safe to say this superbreed of mutant rat is priming for a takeover of the five boroughs (everyone grab some Mountain Dew). Was there anything in that Mayan prophecy about rodents?

http://gothamist.com/2012/01/06/giant_rat.php

Last edited:
You ever see a pregnant referee working at footlocker ?
I have

also anyone remember this

Yesterday someone Tweeted this photo of a giant monster rat, supposedly discovered at a Foot Locker in the Bronx. You might recognize this guy, as he bears a striking resemblance to the 3-foot-long beast that was stabbed with a pitchfork in Brooklyn last year. That one was believed to be a Gambian pouched rat, and may have been someone's escaped pet. However, it wasn't the first one spotted in that area, and locals believed they were multiplying faster than Gremlins taking a bath.
With this spotting in the Bronx, we think it's safe to say this superbreed of mutant rat is priming for a takeover of the five boroughs (everyone grab some Mountain Dew). Was there anything in that Mayan prophecy about rodents?

http://gothamist.com/2012/01/06/giant_rat.php
EWWWWWWWWWWW HAHAHAHAHA

This is a general retail matter, not only specifically HoH.
I was sales associate for 8 years at our local Footlocker store and I was always very happy to meet sneakerheads generally and most excited when someone
needs help with Jordans.
To all sales associates and managers who are treating a customer with prejudice or laziness...SHAME ON YOU!

To me its a two way street. Having worked retail in the past, I encountered some rude customers and I would give them the same treatment.

Aside from that though, if you go to a store and ask a simple question and get a rude attitude or unwarranted customer service you have every right to call corporate, the stores district manager, and whatever higher ups willing to take your voice. You get a $30 gift card usually and the rude employee is out of a job

I go to Jimmy's Hip-Hop Store or Foot Locker and never had a problem. But to ya'll^^^^^^^^^^^ cryin bout dudes clownin you when you walk in with air max's how bout next time you go lookin for a answer just put some Retro's on and they aint gonna say **** how hard is that instead of cryin on here how they played u in your air 95's lol. Like if you know that's how they are then just put on your Heat or w.e you got an go get your answers lol SIMPLE AS THAT. TOo much unecassary drama nowadays

LOL at having to put on "heat" to impress other guys. I usually don't have problems in stores when I ask for info but if they tried that **** I would 100% call them out on being jerk offs and not doing their job.

I work retail too and the only customers that don't get good service are the ones who give me attitude first.

Last edited:
Not only do they have ****** customer service, THEY NEVER ANSWER THE ******G PHONE before a big release. I was actually calling for a Zoom Revis during the motorboat 9 release and they weren't answering I was so pissed. And they have ZERO consistency with the raffle or release info between employees, one guy will tell you one thing, then next will you another. I've called before I went to the mall, talked to an employee about tickets for the raffle, he said to come in there were giving tickets all night. I got there an hour later and another guy told me they were done for that day. And they were giving them out again the flowing morning, I was livid. They're info never matches up, u can't rely on what they say for anything. I'm honestly done with HOH, at least that store. I may go in and buy general release kicks, but I'm done with raffles/releases. I could go on for days about this ****...

You got a point. Some are rude but don't stress it. Usually if you break some bread with them on a non jordan release date you can build up some rapport. That's how I got points with my sales lady. Whenever I drop by and ask her a question I usually cop a few shirts, socks or clearance rack beaters to make her time dealing with me worthwhile. In return she recognize my face, size and gives me stock numbers and opportunities to hold shoes for me.

HoH around my way is funny style for the most part..

I see how they get sassy with other customers..

But I usually can get decent to good service.. 

Maybe its because..

I went to the same high school as the manager..

I was a So. and he was a Sr.. 

But he remembers I used to come to school rockin heat..

While he was wearing Etnies.. He wasn't even into kicks back in the day..

I mean.. Its nothing wrong with wearing Etnies..

But I think he knows better to try and front on me like I'm new to this..

But I seldom ask for info.. I let them volunteer it.. 

I just drop stacks on their head and keep it moving..

If they volunteer info(at least half of the time they do) then cool..

If they don't.. Oh well.. I get shipments from Tuggle Road like every week.

But that's what makes an employee a bad one, when they encounter a rude customer and have to be rude back to them.  Kill them with kindness.  A good retail employee should be trained that even if they do encounter a rude customer they have excellent customer service skills to handle the situation where they can be kind and treat them with respect, not be a douche right back to them.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  It only makes it worse.

Just people living the al Bundy life. This is the highlight of their otherwise pointless and boring lives. Don't worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom