Rumor: Air Jordan V (5) Retro – Grape/Laney Pack – July 2011 via Sneakernews.com

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by ALWAYZJWALKINN

roll.gif
GRAPES IS THE GAYEST CW OF ALL TIME....... IMO..... PURPLE AND TEAL = WACK

What's wrong, can't find a Purple and Teal Bulls fitted to match?? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I will be copping x2 If this really happens.
pimp.gif
V's are notoriously known to wrinkle/crease at the toes, so I'm gonna need a few pairs.

I will be copping x2 If this really happens.
pimp.gif
V's are notoriously known to wrinkle/crease at the toes, so I'm gonna need a few pairs.

Originally Posted by AirAzn

Originally Posted by Rod301

Originally Posted by majicmarc17

boys tripping about this pack idea... its PERFECT!!! people trip hardcore over the grapes and laneys... it makes perfect sense to put them into one pack because both are unconventional colorways that have grail status (i understand them sitting on shelves when they first released but sneaker culture was much different back then... just cuz they sat doesn't mean they weren't accepted, they just had to compete with each other... but that's another story)... to new age sneakerheads both of these Vs are grail status and very scarce... grapes are only being sold for rape prices (nevermind that i bought a pair for $300 last week) and laneys are impossible to find in decent condition at decent prices... ive personally never seen a real live pair... as for the pack idea, it's alright... it's not nearly as bad as it seems... with these two colorways you can buy the pack and if you don;t want one pair you can sell for over $150 most likely, so i don't really see a scenario in which someone loses... as with the 23 swap, i thought the comment was hilarious, but dudes taking it outta hand... the addition of the 23 on the side of the grapes WILL NOT make the shoe any uglier... it's still grail status, but the only reason y'all trippin is because that's not how the OGs went... so what?!!... you gotta separate the OGs from the retros so that you maintain the value of the OGs... that makes it that much nicer when you see an OG pair... if they looked identical it's not like you'd be fooling anybody into thinking that you had the OGs so what does it even matter?... the pack is FIRE and is a must cop, probably a cop x2... this will undoubtedly be an amazing pack with two amazing shoes... point blank...
Exactly. 

Regaurdless Im Coppin... 23 Or Not... But Its Almost Gaurenteed That There Is Gonna Be A 23 On The Side Of The Grapes. Thats Like Askin Will Nike Air Be On The Back These...
eyes.gif

I don't get this. 
That's absolutely stupid. I want a sneaker that is as true to the OG as possible. Follow the formula like Nike except in some cases (athlete switching over to another brand). You collectors are the ones that $%#%!%! and moaned when retros were being released until Gentry finally listened and changed the formula.

ive had both and sold both and i regret it...still hope this doesnt come out tho

its takes the value out the shoe =/

ive had both and sold both and i regret it...still hope this doesnt come out tho

boys tripping about this pack idea... its PERFECT!!! people trip hardcore over the grapes and laneys... it makes perfect sense to put them into one pack because both are unconventional colorways that have grail status (i understand them sitting on shelves when they first released but sneaker culture was much different back then... just cuz they sat doesn't mean they weren't accepted, they just had to compete with each other... but that's another story)... to new age sneakerheads both of these Vs are grail status and very scarce... grapes are only being sold for rape prices (nevermind that i bought a pair for $300 last week) and laneys are impossible to find in decent condition at decent prices... ive personally never seen a real live pair... as for the pack idea, it's alright... it's not nearly as bad as it seems... with these two colorways you can buy the pack and if you don;t want one pair you can sell for over $150 most likely, so i don't really see a scenario in which someone loses... as with the 23 swap, i thought the comment was hilarious, but dudes taking it outta hand... the addition of the 23 on the side of the grapes WILL NOT make the shoe any uglier... it's still grail status, but the only reason y'all trippin is because that's not how the OGs went... so what?!!... you gotta separate the OGs from the retros so that you maintain the value of the OGs... that makes it that much nicer when you see an OG pair... if they looked identical it's not like you'd be fooling anybody into thinking that you had the OGs so what does it even matter?... the pack is FIRE and is a must cop, probably a cop x2... this will undoubtedly be an amazing pack with two amazing shoes... point blank...
Exactly. 

Regaurdless Im Coppin... 23 Or Not... But Its Almost Gaurenteed That There Is Gonna Be A 23 On The Side Of The Grapes. Thats Like Askin Will Nike Air Be On The Back These...
eyes.gif

I don't get this. 
That's absolutely stupid. I want a sneaker that is as true to the OG as possible. Follow the formula like Nike except in some cases (athlete switching over to another brand). You collectors are the ones that $%#%!%! and moaned when retros were being released until Gentry finally listened and changed the formula.

Originally Posted by PrincegotSOLE

No it %*%#$# doesn't.   Can you really get for example a pair of 2001 Retro XI's, for the same price as a CDP XI? 
No, of course not, so this logic is nonsense. 

Originally Posted by PrincegotSOLE

No it %*%#$# doesn't.   Can you really get for example a pair of 2001 Retro XI's, for the same price as a CDP XI? 
No, of course not, so this logic is nonsense. 

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the Fitted LMFAO !!!!
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The Grapes are pretty much a timeless piece of art : Classic, easy on the eyes, Simple but yet sooo beautiful
pimp.gif
!!!

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the Fitted LMFAO !!!!
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The Grapes are pretty much a timeless piece of art : Classic, easy on the eyes, Simple but yet sooo beautiful
pimp.gif
!!!

THEY WOULD PROBABLY DO SOMETHING STUPID TO THE GRAPES LIKE PUT A 23 ON THE SIDE OF THEM...I STILL HAVE MY GRAPES THANKS TO MY WIFE CUZ THAT WAS ONE RELEASE THAT RRRRREALLY PISSED ME OFF BACK THEN!

THEY WOULD PROBABLY DO SOMETHING STUPID TO THE GRAPES LIKE PUT A 23 ON THE SIDE OF THEM...I STILL HAVE MY GRAPES THANKS TO MY WIFE CUZ THAT WAS ONE RELEASE THAT RRRRREALLY PISSED ME OFF BACK THEN!

^
"23" on the side as the new complaint now?

I guess the days of complaining about the jumpman on the back have faded away due to time now, er?

^
"23" on the side as the new complaint now?

I guess the days of complaining about the jumpman on the back have faded away due to time now, er?

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Exactly. 

eyes.gif

I don't get this. 

You know theres many people out there that do just collect shoes and never intend to wear them. If the retros were exact copies of the OG, it would make collecting pointless. So JB takes a little critisism from some of 
you, but does not lose all of its collectors as customers. They also gain sales from each release instead of having people hold out until the next release because the customer knows there wont be any difference. Its just one of those
things you gotta accept. The cool grey XI's are worth a lot of money right now. They will be worth a lot of money after the december release too, but only because there will be differences that will seperate the two shoes. You can
not destroy the value of somthing and expect your customers to keep collecting.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Exactly. 

eyes.gif

I don't get this. 

You know theres many people out there that do just collect shoes and never intend to wear them. If the retros were exact copies of the OG, it would make collecting pointless. So JB takes a little critisism from some of 
you, but does not lose all of its collectors as customers. They also gain sales from each release instead of having people hold out until the next release because the customer knows there wont be any difference. Its just one of those
things you gotta accept. The cool grey XI's are worth a lot of money right now. They will be worth a lot of money after the december release too, but only because there will be differences that will seperate the two shoes. You can
not destroy the value of somthing and expect your customers to keep collecting.

The date tag inside the shoes should be the difference , they dont wear em anyways so everytime they (the collectors) see the "new release" they can run into their basement , pull out the og's and start to race off.

The date tag inside the shoes should be the difference , they dont wear em anyways so everytime they (the collectors) see the "new release" they can run into their basement , pull out the og's and start to race off.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

I'm sure they will. 

Just like these atrocities....

air-jordan-fusion-v-5-grape-july-2010-release-1.jpg

Originally Posted by bigsupa

I'm sure they will. 

Just like these atrocities....

air-jordan-fusion-v-5-grape-july-2010-release-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom