Rumor: Air Jordan V (5) Retro – Grape/Laney Pack – July 2011 via Sneakernews.com

i'm a fan of those cw's but not releasing them in a pack
eyes.gif

boys tripping about this pack idea... its PERFECT!!! people trip hardcore over the grapes and laneys... it makes perfect sense to put them into one pack because both are unconventional colorways that have grail status (i understand them sitting on shelves when they first released but sneaker culture was much different back then... just cuz they sat doesn't mean they weren't accepted, they just had to compete with each other... but that's another story)... to new age sneakerheads both of these Vs are grail status and very scarce... grapes are only being sold for rape prices (nevermind that i bought a pair for $300 last week) and laneys are impossible to find in decent condition at decent prices... ive personally never seen a real live pair... as for the pack idea, it's alright... it's not nearly as bad as it seems... with these two colorways you can buy the pack and if you don;t want one pair you can sell for over $150 most likely, so i don't really see a scenario in which someone loses... as with the 23 swap, i thought the comment was hilarious, but dudes taking it outta hand... the addition of the 23 on the side of the grapes WILL NOT make the shoe any uglier... it's still grail status, but the only reason y'all trippin is because that's not how the OGs went... so what?!!... you gotta separate the OGs from the retros so that you maintain the value of the OGs... that makes it that much nicer when you see an OG pair... if they looked identical it's not like you'd be fooling anybody into thinking that you had the OGs so what does it even matter?... the pack is FIRE and is a must cop, probably a cop x2... this will undoubtedly be an amazing pack with two amazing shoes... point blank...

boys tripping about this pack idea... its PERFECT!!! people trip hardcore over the grapes and laneys... it makes perfect sense to put them into one pack because both are unconventional colorways that have grail status (i understand them sitting on shelves when they first released but sneaker culture was much different back then... just cuz they sat doesn't mean they weren't accepted, they just had to compete with each other... but that's another story)... to new age sneakerheads both of these Vs are grail status and very scarce... grapes are only being sold for rape prices (nevermind that i bought a pair for $300 last week) and laneys are impossible to find in decent condition at decent prices... ive personally never seen a real live pair... as for the pack idea, it's alright... it's not nearly as bad as it seems... with these two colorways you can buy the pack and if you don;t want one pair you can sell for over $150 most likely, so i don't really see a scenario in which someone loses... as with the 23 swap, i thought the comment was hilarious, but dudes taking it outta hand... the addition of the 23 on the side of the grapes WILL NOT make the shoe any uglier... it's still grail status, but the only reason y'all trippin is because that's not how the OGs went... so what?!!... you gotta separate the OGs from the retros so that you maintain the value of the OGs... that makes it that much nicer when you see an OG pair... if they looked identical it's not like you'd be fooling anybody into thinking that you had the OGs so what does it even matter?... the pack is FIRE and is a must cop, probably a cop x2... this will undoubtedly be an amazing pack with two amazing shoes... point blank...

I love how they look, which is why id cop. But do v's win the award for most uncomfortable jays?

I love how they look, which is why id cop. But do v's win the award for most uncomfortable jays?

Originally Posted by FRESSSH89

no way jose... the Vs NEED forcefields if you don't want them looking like you dropped dumbells on them, which makes them slightly uncomfortable... the later jays are better, such as XIVs, whioch i hear are the best... 3s are pretty nice imo...

Originally Posted by FRESSSH89

no way jose... the Vs NEED forcefields if you don't want them looking like you dropped dumbells on them, which makes them slightly uncomfortable... the later jays are better, such as XIVs, whioch i hear are the best... 3s are pretty nice imo...

Just got word that as of now, JB has no plan to drop this pack.  However, it was said that if they needed to generate more sales, they could easily turn this pack into a quick strike, and have it out pretty soon.

Just got word that as of now, JB has no plan to drop this pack.  However, it was said that if they needed to generate more sales, they could easily turn this pack into a quick strike, and have it out pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom