Rumor : Kevin Garnett retiring after this season?

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

Has it been that long already??? Man, I'm only 25 but this makes me feel old for some reason.

not to go off topic but it's the same way with Kobe for me. KG and Kobe were two of my favorite players back in the day and it's crazy to say that they've been playing since I was in junior high school. And now I'm 27 lol...

I get annoyed with his on-court antics and the fact that 95% of his screens are illegal
laugh.gif

I'll always be a fan deep down because of this interview.. that and his MVP and prime seasons were disgusting

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I get annoyed with his on-court antics and the fact that 95% of his screens are illegal
laugh.gif

I'll always be a fan deep down because of this interview.. that and his MVP and prime seasons were disgusting
This interview is what made me a KG fan. You can just see the heart and raw emotion. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

always was a fan of KG but yea that vid gained even more respect.

its funny seeing how easy Charles is on Lebron and his recent 4th quarter absences, yet he use to GO IN on KG back when he played for the Timberwolves. i love chuck, but he is wrong for goin in on Kg back in the day and giving lbj a pass.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

Has it been that long already??? Man, I'm only 25 but this makes me feel old for some reason.

not to go off topic but it's the same way with Kobe for me. KG and Kobe were two of my favorite players back in the day and it's crazy to say that they've been playing since I was in junior high school. And now I'm 27 lol...
frown.gif
..................*holds out arms* bro hug

First time seeing that vid and I'm not surprised. I hope he gets one last shot at a title. Dude deserves it.

To the guy who said he felt KG was underrated, I completely agree. Duncan is widely regarded as the best PF of all time, but I feel it fools be a closer debate with KG and Duncan. Obviously Duncan is more decorated, but their individual career numbers are virtually identical. Plus you factor in KG was asked to do more for his team, specifically in Minnesota than Tim ever has been and I think it's a worthy debate.

^ That's what im sayin.  TD and KG are my two favorite players still playing in the league right now, watched both of em throughout their entire careers.  KG was never surrounded by the same talent and personnel as Duncan until he went to the C's.  Marburys ego was too big to play with KG.  The season they added some pieces, Cassell went down before the WCF and they ended up losing to the Lakers.  People never actaully realized how good KG was.

Swear to God some of yall sound so damn young with this "hes a dirty player, he talks trash, he sets illegal screens, etc..."  KG is old school, always has been always will be.  If you wanna watch players hold hands and give opposing players high fives on the court, go watch the WNBA.  He plays the way cats did in the 80's and 90's.  Dudes complain about the league gettin soft and then cry when KG doesnt hold back.  He plays ball the way it should be played, with intensity and passion.

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Swear to God some of yall sound so damn young with this "hes a dirty player, he talks trash, he sets illegal screens, etc..."  KG is old school, always has been always will be. If you wanna watch players hold hands and give opposing players high fives on the court, go watch the WNBA. He plays the way cats did in the 80's and 90's. Dudes complain about the league gettin soft and then cry when KG doesnt hold back. He plays ball the way it should be played, with intensity and passion.
He does set illegal screens. If the refs nevercalled illegal screens for anyone, then I wouldn't care. But they don't call it evenly, and KG gets away with a lot that other players don't. That's where I get annoyed.. but that isn't KG's fault the refs don't call it, he's smart to take advantage because superstars always get away with things regular players will get called for.
And give me a break.. "go watch the WNBA".. ha ha.. because we must be women, right?

KG is part intense player, part old school trash talker, and another part totally crazy

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

Thanks I will be watching tonight now. Kevin deserves to go out when he feels it is time. Hall of famer who has given his all to the game. Thank you KG.

Agreed. Him and Boston will win a chip this season.

loved KG with the twolves, then he went to the c's and got a little too intense.

he's really surprised me these playoffs though. i wish they kept a separate camera on him all the time so we could watch him talk to himself and do crazy @@#%
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Swear to God some of yall sound so damn young with this "hes a dirty player, he talks trash, he sets illegal screens, etc..."  KG is old school, always has been always will be.  If you wanna watch players hold hands and give opposing players high fives on the court, go watch the WNBA.  He plays the way cats did in the 80's and 90's.  Dudes complain about the league gettin soft and then cry when KG doesnt hold back.  He plays ball the way it should be played, with intensity and passion.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Best KG moment for me was early on in his Celtics career when he started crawling on the court as the other team walked it up.
laugh.gif

^ Where's that one gif of KG pointing at his watch while looking towards the direction of the Magic bench?
laugh.gif

I just find it funny how his bark is louder than his bite. For a player with that much intensity, his game is the exact opposite of that; finesse. It's not like he powers over or dominates another team like Shaq did. He's more emotional than intense.

Used to be my favorite player at one point in time, used to admire his intensity on the court. Definitely grew up watching him since the 90's. Always appreciated his athleticsm, but began to despise him when he joined the Celtics
laugh.gif
 but it's all love now.

A true HOF'er. Would hate to see him walk away, yet he's been around for so long - it feels like it's time.

Would love to see him come back for 1 more year..

Probably the best glue guy from the last decade or so. He never gave you a lot of points because he wasn't that sort of star player. But you always got 20 10 and 3 at the very worse. The fact that he had numerous seasons for 20 10 and 5 is so underrated. If he was matched up with a Kobe or somebody of that caliber closer throughout his career he would have multiple rings. He was my favorite player and lot of what I do is because I use to try to emulate his intensity on the court. Definitely appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom