Rumor : Kevin Garnett retiring after this season?

^Not sure how that makes Garnett a glue guy. Glue guys are Bruce Bowen, Shane Battier, Ben Wallace type dudes. Garnett is far from that.

$&@! A KG!
I'm still bitter from the 2008 finals, great player but I never want to see him in a lakers jersey, and I always hate how he goal tends after the whistle

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^Not sure how that makes Garnett a glue guy. Glue guys are Bruce Bowen, Shane Battier, Ben Wallace type dudes. Garnett is far from that.

Because he isn't the sort of closer or clutch player like a Kobe, Jordan, Pierce, ect.  He is a great #2 option because he does a bit of everything, he's more complimentary.  I think he's a glue guy in the sense because he brings up the level of play of everyone else at least on the defensive end just purely based on his own intensity.

Cant believe how good he's been playing. Its great to see though.
pimp.gif

Try to imagine what it would have been like if the Timberwolves didn't trade Ray Allen in 96.

Ray and KG playing in Minnesota would have been
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by ItsaBayThang

Swear to God some of yall sound so damn young with this "hes a dirty player, he talks trash, he sets illegal screens, etc..."  KG is old school, always has been always will be.  If you wanna watch players hold hands and give opposing players high fives on the court, go watch the WNBA.  He plays the way cats did in the 80's and 90's.  Dudes complain about the league gettin soft and then cry when KG doesnt hold back.  He plays ball the way it should be played, with intensity and passion.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i feel like it may be the end. another 82 game grind? it's either bos or retire. i dont see him chasing a second ring and boston is in a transition

People are truly missing out if they're still hating on Garnett.
Heaps of past teammates of his have said he's one of the best teammates ever. Yeah he talks non-stop smack, but if you were on his team he'd take a bullet for you.
Not to mention what he's done in his career. One of the most versatile players ever.

honestly wanna see one more season from him....i was sad when sheed retired too...

dude sheed was so pissed after that defeat he went to the refs locker room
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

honestly wanna see one more season from him....i was sad when sheed retired too...

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

KG's still got some time left in him, though.

That exchange between him and Doc when Doc took out the starters looked a lot like that was KGs last game. Doc almost started crying. But we will see I guess. KG does look like he still has atleast another season left in him tho.

Yup I'd like to see him just go back to Minnesota for one last farewell tour. They might not be contenders next year but it would be fun for him to go out with his original team. Pekovic/KG rotation with Love and Rubio...not too shabby

Back
Top Bottom