RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

5 Common Myths About Running Shoes by Runner's World

Last edited:
Decided to rest today my shins won't let me carry on. I think I might of added too many miles too quick. I went from running 5-6 miles a week to 15-18 mile per week. Plus I'm going on a little vacate myself. Don't wanna be hobbling all weekend.

Meh, feel like that list was kinda dumb. Very "obvious" list.

I do agree with them though. :lol:

Decided to keep the Kinvara's as well. Screw it, I have a nice 3 shoe rotation. Giving myself rest til the weekend to run, feel like im running too much when my other goal is to gain more muscle.

If you guys didnt know, Ive always been a chubbier guy. I peaked last year at 215 after breaking my foot snowboarding. After fixing my doet and hitting the gym 4-5 times a week, im at a solid 158-160lbs. I do wanna fill in my frame more, I look athletic now but I still get the "too skinny" comments. Doesnt phase me but I do see where they are coming from, especially when I see myself in pictures. Ultimately I want to be a solid 165-170 lbs and maintain that. I fell in love with running though and im still struggling to find a balance between the two.

Last edited:
^ That's a major accomplishment! Keep it up! :nthat:

Hit 50mi yesterday, which was my goal for the month. I want to close out May with at least one more run. How are y'all doing?

Last edited:
Made it to 60mi yesterday, going for 4mi tomorrow and then 6mi on Saturday.

nike+ app only has me for 11.8mi in April :nerd:

I'm at 28.4 miles this month so far. havent logged a run since the 20th and currently 17.2 miles short of hitting my goal of 1k miles overall by the end of this month on the nike plus app :x

I have 30.98 making it out of the yellow level for the months end on Nike app. 13 miles before I knew about the app on my S-health app. That's a total of 43 and some change for this month... Good job everyone keep up the awesome runs...

Last edited:
Just logged two miles on 2 different runs.
A 10 min mile and a sub 9 mile. This nasal congestion is messing me up :frown:

On another note I tried out the Pegs for my 2 mile run. I got my fastest time yet.... They had me feeling sluggish on my 1 mile run as they felt heavy. I can tell they are much much firmer than my Kinvara 5s but they are responsive and comfy. I ran sockless for that barefoot feel. No problems with the high bone on my right foot.

Just logged two miles on 2 different runs.
A 10 min mile and a sub 9 mile. This nasal congestion is messing me up :frown:

I normally breathe out of my mouth when running. I never could keep my breathing up to par through my nasal passages. Must be terrible trying to run and breathe through your nose . Ouch!!!!

Last edited:
nah, I left those at home :lol:

:/ Looking forward to your thoughts on their performance!

On another note I tried out the Pegs for my 2 mile run. I got my fastest time yet.... They had me feeling sluggish on my 1 mile run as they felt heavy. I can tell they are much much firmer than my Kinvara 5s but they are responsive and comfy. I ran sockless for that barefoot feel. No problems with the high bone on my right foot.

Nice! There's a reason why Nike continues to put them out. [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
For the month on Nike+ I am at 23 miles but I lost about 3 runs so I would say 30  so far.

Just saw I have never ran this many miles in a month before.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
^NICE! And we still have a few more days left in May... :nthat:

For the year, I'm at ~430mi. My goal is hit 1,000mi for 2015.

One of the best runners currently.

Boston Marathon 2014 winner.

Meb:

Yup and he's from my hometown the 619 aka "America's Finest City".

Can't wait to run Rock N Roll San Diego this weekend.

Going to the health & fitness expo today.

Last edited:
I normally breathe out of my mouth when running. I never could keep my breathing up to par through my nasal passages. Must be terrible trying to run and breathe through your nose . Ouch!!!!

You dont get bored of that same route you keep running? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom