RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Thanks, man! Props to you too!

The sure way to get faster is to run more often. Increase your mileage, and speed will follow later.
Thanks, man! NICE! Believe in yourself and your training, and you'll get it done!

I had the same goal as you! Well that was goal B. My initial goal was just to finish since it was my first race and all. Plus, if I did, it'd be a sure fire PR anyways hahah! I actually had negative splits throughout the whole race. I started slow and gradually picked up the pace as the miles past. I really conserved my energy like a Prius for the first 20 or so miles then switched to a sportscar for the next 6 and finally to an f1 with the finish line in sight!

My approach to races was pretty unorthodox. Rather than working up and advancing distance, I started with the full, then the half. I basically worked my way down hahaha I'm thinking about running a 10k and then a 5k to complete the "cycle" hahah
Anything you want, bro! They're really made for vehicles. I actually machine washed my Vom10s with a set of USA flag emblems from the same producer, and they withstood the process. They're quite durable!

Thanks! Yeah I honestly see myself doing races the way you are :lol:. Every small race interferes with my training schedule, so I can't do them. I also started running when I signed up for the marathon, so I couldn't before.

Today was a fun "Fartlek" workout. For 5 miles I ran 4 minutes at a faster pace, then 1 minute at a slower pace. first and last miles were just warm up/cool down. I actually thought I had to do 5minutes instead of 4, did a couple before realizing it. Was so sunny and hot :x

Got below 47 in the 10k for my PR

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah I honestly see myself doing races the way you are :lol:. Every small race interferes with my training schedule, so I can't do them. I also started running when I signed up for the marathon, so I couldn't before.

Today was a fun "Fartlek" workout. For 5 miles I ran 4 minutes at a faster pace, then 1 minute at a slower pace. first and last miles were just warm up/cool down. I actually thought I had to do 5minutes instead of 4, did a couple before realizing it. Was so sunny and hot :x

Got below 47 in the 10k for my PR

Nice, Sir!

I just ordered the Elite8s in the Orange/Green cw. I had to wait on that winner's circle reward before doing so... I probably won't run in them though hahah

For those on IG, THANKS for helping us grow! We're almost at 1K posts with #NTrunning! [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Last edited:

Too many comments;
Great job on the half
Keep running and working hard every one.

I'd definitely rock some NTrunning emblems.

Wish there were some cooler races out my way. Oh well.

Has anyone done any elevation training??? I'm thinking of heading up to the mountains to do some work at 9,000 feet.
Speaking of elevation training, has anyone tried or use that mask regularly?
nerd.gif
ask in the fitness thread. But I'm pretty sure it's just a gimmick.

I'll be interested in those NT emblems

This Amazon review sums up what I've read about them.

"AMAZING tool for conditioning your intercostal muscles and diaphragm and increasing lung capacity BUT!!!! PLEASE don't think that this ACTUALLY simulates being at elevation. At sea level, you can't reduce the percentage or the partial pressure of oxygen you're getting (at least not without being in a chamber). This does limit the AMOUNT (volume) of air you take in with each breath, but you're still breathing 21% oxygen at a partial pressure of 160 mmHg. Only being at altitude where the partial pressure and percentage of oxygen is reduced will cause you to become polycythemic (produce more red blood cells) and increase your body's oxygen carrying capability. Again, this is AWESOME at increasing your lung capacity, cardio efficiency and forcing you to engage muscles that are rarely thought of, but you will NOT change your actual cellular physiology. Only being at altitude or in a chamber can do that."

So... Partially useful?

This Amazon review sums up what I've read about them.

"AMAZING tool for conditioning your intercostal muscles and diaphragm and increasing lung capacity BUT!!!! PLEASE don't think that this ACTUALLY simulates being at elevation. At sea level, you can't reduce the percentage or the partial pressure of oxygen you're getting (at least not without being in a chamber). This does limit the AMOUNT (volume) of air you take in with each breath, but you're still breathing 21% oxygen at a partial pressure of 160 mmHg. Only being at altitude where the partial pressure and percentage of oxygen is reduced will cause you to become polycythemic (produce more red blood cells) and increase your body's oxygen carrying capability. Again, this is AWESOME at increasing your lung capacity, cardio efficiency and forcing you to engage muscles that are rarely thought of, but you will NOT change your actual cellular physiology. Only being at altitude or in a chamber can do that."

So... Partially useful?

I'll tell you what you can do

1. Breath through your nose ONLY
2. Run with a mouthpiece in

It's the same thing

That's device only obstructs breathing, no more, no less

Last edited:
Illustrayt stay killing it.....thumbs up!

Here's my run from a couple days ago.

411530285.jpg

Will be running tonight after lifting. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Posted these in the Zoom Flyknit thread yesterday but that thread is mostly non-runners who are only interested in standard Racers (with no consideration for actual running performance).

An old teammate/friend from college, who is a Nike athlete and Olympian, gave me a pair of his twice worn custom Flyknit Racers with a Zoom Marathoner sole. All his racing flats are custom one offs.
nthat.gif

These are a lot more comfortable for actual running than the standard Racers IMO.

Cool! Planning to run in them?

Kev: When you get a chance, may we see a pic of your Vivoactive displaying your overall pace on the run? :nerd:

The time screen is an add-on. You can have a third stats screen, but I don't use that much info.

Last edited:
Run 8/8's
8 miles under 8min per mile
For not as developed runners, run either over 8 miles or a mile time under 8 min.
Or
August 8th run the whole 808's and heartbreak album; for the Kanye Fans.

Thanks!

Here are two I have...

- Run your furthest distance
- Get creative with your run route and draw something

Back
Top Bottom