RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

That 8mile time is so so nice! :pimp:

Did my 11mile long run yesterday and it wasn't good after the 5th mile :smh:. Was really busy at work Friday night, never stopped moving, going up and down stairs all night. Still felt tired the next morning, my feet were just super weak, everything else was fine. Have to change something if I'm only going to be running more every Saturday. The last mile is always the easiest for me since I know it's the last, and somehow got the PR.

Last edited:
Hello there runners! Just a random post here but I was at Ross yesterday and saw these older model Nike+ trackers for 9.99. Just a heads up to check your local Ross

Curious to know how much some of you guys weigh haha

I've been doing this for 5 weeks and put on some muscle while training.
But I'm 6'1" and 165lbs

Trying to stay at that weight maybe 5lbs less and transition from 10% body fat to 6-7

That 8mile time is so so nice! :pimp:

Did my 11mile long run yesterday and it wasn't good after the 5th mile :smh:. Was really busy at work Friday night, never stopped moving, going up and down stairs all night. Still felt tired the next morning, my feet were just super weak, everything else was fine. Have to change something if I'm only going to be running more every Saturday. The last mile is always the easiest for me since I know it's the last, and somehow got the PR.

Thanks, Sir! Nice run yourself, tdrizzle and jhow! :nthat:

For myself, I try to save my best/fastest mile for last!

running in chukkas, how has that worked out for you?

I have ~110mi on my pair. If you like running in the LR3s or Lunaracers, you'll probably like these too. Just be sure to wear crew socks though...

On a side note,
I've got ~17mi to go until I hit 100mi for the month! :smokin

Last edited:
I've been doing this for 5 weeks and put on some muscle while training.
But I'm 6'1" and 165lbs

Trying to stay at that weight maybe 5lbs less and transition from 10% body fat to 6-7
I'd take that frame.

I'm 5'7" and 158-160.  I'm also 40, so I'm really fighting age rather than developing.

Just sent the inquiry for the #NTrunning domed sticker emblems...

I asked for the separate cost for 12 pairs (24 individual) for each size to be made in either the long version (1.0" x 0.5"), which is suitable for newer Nikes, and two squared versions (1.0" x 1.0" and 1.25" x 1.25")...

I'll post up the info once they get back to me.

I got the reply back from the emblem producer... It'll be $35 for a one time set-up fee and $5 for a sheet of four emblems. Anyone still interested? :nerd:

Last edited:
Ran my first half marathon yesterday at The San Francisco Marathon. Did not do as well as I hoped because of a foot injury that happened during training that set me back. Glad I finished, though the hills during miles 12-13 were brutal.

I am ready for my next half during the Giant Race next month. Looking forward to tinkering with how a train to be better prepared.

Which 1/2 did you do? I'm presuming the first to the bridge?

SFM (full) was my first race ever (I felt like LeBron going straight to the pros! :lol:)! From passing up some guys from a European team, to pounding my left chest as the crowds cheered, to sprinting toward the finish, MAN, I'll never forget those moments! It actually brought a tear to my eye just reminiscing! My 3:30 from it still stands as my PR.

Last edited:
Which 1/2 did you do? I'm presuming the first to the bridge?

SFM (full) was my first race ever (I felt like LeBron going straight to the pros! :lol:)! From passing up some guys from a European team, to pounding my left chest as the crowds cheered, to sprinting toward the finish, MAN, I'll never forget those moments! It actually brought a tear to my eye just reminiscing! My 3:30 from it still stands as my PR.

Yes I did the first half. Man props to you. First race ever? :wow:

I did the Berkeley 5K last November, and now the SFM (half). I did get an extra challenge medal for the SF/Berkeley Challenge which was cool. Will definitely run the 2nd Half next year for the Half It All Challenge.

To all you more experienced runners, I am looking to gradually increase speed. Are there any effective tips?

Last edited:
I would be down to get the sticker emblems.

That first marathon, 3:30 time is amazing. I'm doing my first race in October, with the Chicago marathon :lol:. Would LOVE to finish before 4hours. I don't know how I'll be feeling in 10 weeks, but hopefully I can do it.

Last edited:
Yes I did the first half. Man props to you. First race ever? :wow:

I did the Berkeley 5K last November, and now the SFM (half). I did get an extra challenge medal for the SF/Berkeley Challenge which was cool. Will definitely run the 2nd Half next year for the Half It All Challenge.

To all you more experienced runners, I am looking to gradually increase speed. Are there any effective tips?

Thanks, man! Props to you too!

The sure way to get faster is to run more often. Increase your mileage, and speed will follow later.

I would be down to get the sticker emblems.

That first marathon, 3:30 time is amazing. I'm doing my first race in October, with the Chicago marathon :lol:. Would LOVE to finish before 4hours. I don't know how I'll be feeling in 10 weeks, but hopefully I can do it.

Thanks, man! NICE! Believe in yourself and your training, and you'll get it done!

I had the same goal as you! Well that was goal B. My initial goal was just to finish since it was my first race and all. Plus, if I did, it'd be a sure fire PR anyways hahah! I actually had negative splits throughout the whole race. I started slow and gradually picked up the pace as the miles past. I really conserved my energy like a Prius for the first 20 or so miles then switched to a sportscar for the next 6 and finally to an f1 with the finish line in sight!

My approach to races was pretty unorthodox. Rather than working up and advancing distance, I started with the full, then the half. I basically worked my way down hahaha I'm thinking about running a 10k and then a 5k to complete the "cycle" hahah

:nerd:

what else would we be able to stick the emblems too ?

Anything you want, bro! They're really made for vehicles. I actually machine washed my Vom10s with a set of USA flag emblems from the same producer, and they withstood the process. They're quite durable!

Last edited:
Too many comments;
Great job on the half
Keep running and working hard every one.

I'd definitely rock some NTrunning emblems.

Wish there were some cooler races out my way. Oh well.

Has anyone done any elevation training??? I'm thinking of heading up to the mountains to do some work at 9,000 feet.

Ran my first half marathon yesterday at The San Francisco Marathon. Did not do as well as I hoped because of a foot injury that happened during training that set me back. Glad I finished, though the hills during miles 12-13 were brutal.

I am ready for my next half during the Giant Race next month. Looking forward to tinkering with how a train to be better prepared.

Dreading those hills when I run nike womens half SF in October

Dreading those hills when I run nike womens half SF in October

I'm not sure which has more difficult hills. The incline on the Lincoln hill on NWM, which is SFM's downhill portion, or the incline to the Golden Gate Bridge on SFM's?

Last edited:
IIRC the Lincoln hill is steeper and longer than the incline to the GGB.

I am dreading the same hill for RNRSF next year.

Last edited:
Hills during a half suck, no matter where they are, haha.

And I definitely want emblems.

Too many comments;
Great job on the half
Keep running and working hard every one.

I'd definitely rock some NTrunning emblems.

Wish there were some cooler races out my way. Oh well.

Has anyone done any elevation training??? I'm thinking of heading up to the mountains to do some work at 9,000 feet.

Speaking of elevation training, has anyone tried or use that mask regularly? :nerd:

The Nike FuelBand, Nike's wearable fitness tracker that's likely on its way toward extinction, has not been without its problems.

For anyone who has had trouble with the piece of Swoosh tech, there is something of a silver lining to be found in the recently settled class action lawsuit over the Nike FuelBand. The case, which was filed in 2013 against Nike and Apple, claims that Nike didn't adhere to its warranty policy and made false claims about the FuelBand's ability to properly track workouts and count calories. Neither company has admitted wrongdoing, but the case has been settled.

The good news for FuelBand owners is that they are eligible for either $15 cash or a $25 Nike gift card to make up for the poor experience provided.

Anyone who wants in on the action and purchased a FuelBand between January 19, 2012 and June 17, 2015 can submit a claim  here.

Back
Top Bottom