RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I am looking at the Air Zoom Elite 8s and Air Zoom Structure 18s right now. Don't know which to buy :nerd:

Can get an alright deal that ends tomorrow (have giftcard+2 offers), so need to buy tonight as well :lol:

Anyone use either of them?

[J. Cole]Elite! Elite! Elite![/J. Cole]
Deal from where?

I am new to this thread so mind me if this is a frequently asked question but do you guys prefer to run in shorts or pants? I currently run in shorts but wonder if running in some sort of actual joggers would be better. I run in b-ball shorts and feel like they just flop everywhere.

I run in shorts. I put tights under them in the colder months. Couldn't imagine running in jogging pants.

My favorite running shorts are Nike speedvent stretch woven training shorts. For me they are the perfect length and when running you literally forget you have them on. They're like $75 on Nike.com but you can find older models much cheaper elsewhere on the net

[J. Cole]Elite! Elite! Elite![/J. Cole]
Deal from where?

Deal only because I have a sports authority gift card, and Bank of America has an offer where I get 15% cash back from a purchase from SA. I also saw SA had $20 off $100 deal, but later found out it excludes Nike...so I'm going to just buy fall gear

Any other NT'ers going to be at Disneyland this weekend for the Half or Dumbo Double Dare races ?

I'll be there and I'm doing the Dumbo Double Dare.

Last edited:
Anyone ever had posterior tibial tendonitis? I've been working on getting rid of this for a while now.

Last edited:
Swung through SL and purchased some new running gear. They're having 40% off tees (fitted PCs and printed Tailwinds) and tanks and 30% off shoes through Labor Day. I came out with two Hyper Cool PC Tanks for $12 (before taxes) each and some running related tees for $7.80.

I saw the Peg32s in WMNs for $55 before the discount. The WMNs Elite 8s were there too for $80 before the discount. I also saw plenty of Vom10s (both MENs and WMNs) for $75 (before the discount).

Last edited:
Ran 18miles today, super sore! Nike+ app is telling me to run 20 next week, and 22 the week after. No way am I doing that :lol:
I can see the coaching app injuring a lot of people who aren't used to this. I saw their official Chicago marathon training plan and it doesn't ask for two back to back 20+ runs, and tapers a week before the app :smh:

Last edited:
#rossfinds via IG

Ran 18miles today, super sore! Nike+ app is telling me to run 20 next week, and 22 the week after. No way am I doing that
laugh.gif

I can see the coaching app injuring a lot of people who aren't used to this. I saw their official Chicago marathon training plan and it doesn't ask for two back to back 20+ runs, and tapers a week before the app
mean.gif
Which level of program is it?

I've tried both the beginner and intermediate for the Half Marathon - the intermediate had me run 14 twice.  My friend who ran the Boston Marathon said that he'd never heard of a program run over the distance for a race of that length, and his marathon training never went over 20 miles.

For this half, I'm hovering in the 10-11.5 range before the race.  I didn't follow a Nike program as they prescribed, but after doing it twice, I figured out the rhythm to the distances and basically did the same thing.  No knee pain this time.

The beginner level. the program has been great, in having an awesome way to keep track of everything, and being told when to run fast/comfortable. I think it could be toned down a bit though :lol:

Last edited:
Took advantage of the 40% off tanks and shirts and 30% off shoes from SL again...

Came out with a contour tank for $9, a hypercool baseball 3/4 PC shirt for $12 and another pair of LR3s for $28. I also had a survey coupon to redeem! [emoji]128513[/emoji]

I swear once you shop at a clearance store, you never want to go back to a factory store.

Last edited:
Took advantage of the 40% off tanks and shirts and 30% off shoes from SL again...

Came out with a contour tank for $9, a hypercool baseball 3/4 PC shirt for $12 and another pair of LR3s for $28. I also had a survey coupon to redeem! [emoji]128513[/emoji]

I swear once you shop at a clearance store, you never want to go back to a factory store.
How were the lines today? Thinking of going

I arrived at around 915 and browsed. I fell in line before 10, so the line wasn't bad at all. I waited less than 15 minutes to get to a register. By now, it's probably a Zoo!

Last edited:
Went out for my run today and don't know if I pushed myself too hard. But the outside of my right shin started to feel like it was cramping and feeling tight. Pushed a little and it's almost like it went numb. Is that a shin splint?

Last edited:
You should go to a running store (Google in your city) and have them analyze you^. It takes minutes and they should be extremely helpful with assisting you
A Nike store can do it too.

Funny you mention that. Just tuning back in to the thread but I been to our local running store. This was first time being in a real running store and thought I'd give it a try since I'm still in recovery. I first got my foot measured which I was surprised when the lady told me I'm a 12.5 and should run in shoes a size 13. All my shoes since I could buy my own are a size 12 even my runners. Secondly, I took off my socks and stood on a mirror like scale that show my feet imprint in green. This show me I had a lower arch in one foot than the other. Plus I was putting alot more pressure on my right leg suggesting my hips need aligning. She started me off with the Sketches GoMeb Speed 3 size 13 neutral shoe to find out if I had pronation or any under pronation going on.

From here she recorded me running for 30 seconds on a treadmill which I never ran on one before. After this we stood and watched (in slow mo) how my running gait was. My leg left was recorded at 171-173° which wasn't to bad. My right leg was recorded at 163-165° which I had horrible ankle crashing inward syndrome lol. Look like my ankle was gonna give at any time. I told the lady I never had trouble out my right leg but my left would have shin splints and ocassionally tight calves. She told me it was from my leg compensating for my bad right leg. She then told me I needed to focus on picking my knees up when running as I would drag my feet on toe offs.
I then tried on some Brook Ravenna which were more of a mild stability level 2 shoe. I ended up running lastly in the Sketchers Gorun Strada 4, which was a clunky and bulky shoe which I could feel the arch support in.

They really did quiet down my gait and I ran effortlessly as I couldn't hear my feet make the flicking noise as I toe off. Just wasn't as cushioned or lightweight as my other runners. So in the end I need a mild stability shoe but don't know if I can part with my neutral runners.

Overall, the visit was an awesome experience and I was able to permeate all of the info given.

Last edited:
Did any of y'all receive an email from nike with an early access code for the new flyknit racers? I'm looking to grab them for my wife to convince her to start running with me but I didn't get the code. Figured I would try here since a lot of you are down on the racers so I'm assuming you're not grabbing them. Someone please bless me :nerd:

Did any of y'all receive an email from nike with an early access code for the new flyknit racers? I'm looking to grab them for my wife to convince her to start running with me but I didn't get the code. Figured I would try here since a lot of you are down on the racers so I'm assuming you're not grabbing them. Someone please bless me
nerd.gif
Haven't gotten a code yet, but I jump every time I get an email notification today, haha.

I'm not sure if I should get the Vivoactive or just settle for a NIKE+ GPS watch for a fraction of the price. I'm also considering the Garmin 220 since it's bundled with an HR monitor... OR should I wait for an update of the Vivoactive with an HR feature? :nerd:

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I should get the Vivoactive or just settle for a NIKE+ GPS watch for a fraction of the price. I'm also considering the Garmin 220 since it's bundled with an HR monitor... OR should I wait for an update of the Vivoactive with an HR feature? :nerd:

Nike GPS watch is obsolete now that they have stopped making them which when it comes to returns you gonna be stuck..

Also the band is cheap and won't last longer then a year max. Over here in Australia the returns are for broken bands, and they are just replacing them with the stock they have.

Once there's no more that's it. In the long term you'll end up buying the Vivo so might as well buy it from the start.

Any reviews on the nike odyssey? Seems to have Zoom in the heel and forefoot like the Vomero's. I am currently in the Vomero 9's and 10's and these seem like they may be comfortable as well. Gave up on Lunar (basketball shoes & Running shoes) a long time ago due to it bottoming out, and having me feeling the pounding of joints the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom