RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Ran my first half today in 1:37:39. I didn't realize how much the adrenaline of a race helps, I was going in looking to run just under 8 min/mile but having other people around really helped me today.

Spent the latter portion of the day enjoying some beverages so we'll see how my legs feel come morning time but so far today I've felt great :lol:

This morning's run...

Ran my first 5k and I'm hooked. Wanna run a couple more and then move up to a 10 k. :pimp:

Ran 20 miles today, went really great I would say. The gaterade energy chews + these other chews called "GU energy chews" I have are really good! I used them for my 18 mile run and like this run, didnt feel low in energy at any point :pimp:

I went into roadrunnersports to return a pair of shoes (that I had for over a month, still got my money back), the worker just let me have a couple of the GU chews for free to try out when I said I was looking into them for runs. Best store ever

Damn :pimp:

How the hell do you run for 3 hours :smh: :lol: I truly believe I'll never be able to do that. The most I've ever done is 1.5 miles at a 10 minute pace :wow:

Last edited:
Just takes practice. Continuing to add to the duration (time, not distance) whether you walk more or not. Soon those minutes will turn to hours.

Yeah, in 2012 I couldn't run a mile.  Just by properly training I got to a marathon early this year.  It's definitely a process, but I truly believe that most people (barring physical injury) are capable of doing it.

How much do you guys rest?

Like after 5k. A day? Two?

I run everyday but there were like 4 days were i was really busy....wen i got back to running i had hella energy and felt really good.

But i hate taking days off.

I caved in and got the Hokas. I was too anxious to try out the cushion these offered. I took them out for a 6 mile stroll this evening and "WOW". I haven't ran over 2.5 miles at one time since my injury last year. The cushion felt amazing, no hot spots, or blisters on a bare - footed run. I'm now a believer of the Hoka One One Clifton cushion. Definitely better than Nike's cushion.

Last edited:
I should add more context.

I started with a goal of 1km without stopping and didn't care if I walked/ran in the beginning.

Now, I run based on feel. If I feel like running 10km, then I go. If I have to stop here and there, so be it.

I put a minimum of 5km every day, regardless of time. Sometimes I run fast. Other days, I treat it as a recovery run.

Hope this helps

How much do you guys rest?

Like after 5k. A day? Two?

I run everyday but there were like 4 days were i was really busy....wen i got back to running i had hella energy and felt really good.

But i hate taking days off.
Life happens, of course, so the occasional break won't really set back anything.  I took 8 days off in July to rest up and getting back into 5 miles a day was like I never left.

Generally no more than a day off when I'm in training mode, though.  Even if it's a long run, then a rest day, then something short like 2-3 miles just to work out the leg tightness.

I caved in and got the Hokas. I was too anxious to try out the cushion these offered. I took them out for a 6 mile stroll this evening and "WOW". I haven't ran over 2.5 miles at one time since my injury last year. The cushion felt amazing, no hot spots, or blisters on a bare - footed run. I'm now a believer of the Hoka One One Clifton cushion. Definitely better than Nike's cushion.

I'm kicking myself for not purchasing these and the Light Blue / Volt cw for a $150 package deal a month or two ago. [emoji]128529[/emoji] H1-1 C1s are the TRUTH.

Last edited:

How the hell do you run for 3 hours :smh: :lol: I truly believe I'll never be able to do that. The most I've ever done is 1.5 miles at a 10 pace :wow:

I used to wonder that same thing when I started running. I could barely run a mile without stopping, and I averaged about a 10 min/mile pace when I started too. I know it's easier said than done, but just keep running. Pace, distance, endurance will fall into place if you just keep at it. You'll get stronger, and things'll become "easier". #StrongerEveryRun

Last edited:
I'm kicking myself for not purchasing these and the Light Blue / Volt cw for a $150 package deal a month or two ago. [emoji]128529[/emoji] H1-1 C1s are the TRUTH.

Yes... The initial try-on was "man these are super squishy". Ran at a slower pace than normal but a really had the extra energy to run faster. They never tired my legs as if they were overly soft. Just exceptional cushioning.

If you're on NRC (formerly Nike+ Running), be sure to hashtag #NTrunning in your post. Under "Community", you'll be able to see a cumulative of all our collective mileage and a leaderboard. Maybe we can get an #NT #challenge going soon too? :nerd:

We are currently at 37mi.

Last edited:
I need to figure out how to find everyone on NRC, downloaded Nike + last month and put in 52 miles, hoping to get closer to 100 this month since I starting to recover more and more from a dislocated shoulder

Edit: Just updated Nike Running + to NRC and lost my training program. Was in the middle of the advanced 5k :smh:
anyone know how to recover it?

Last edited:
alsa2009 alsa2009
I was going to mention to immediately find another sock liner for the Clifton 1s, since the ones that come with it are the only problem, but it looks like you already have things sorted out!

How the hell do you run for 3 hours :smh: :lol: I truly believe I'll never be able to do that. The most I've ever done is 1.5 miles at a 10 minute pace :wow:

I started running last year. Before that, i had probably only ran 5 miles in my whole life, total. I started out not being able to run for a whole song length around feb/March. I just kept heading out there at least 3 times a week doing at least 3 miles not caring about the time. After a month I could go without stopping and signed up for the Chicago marathon, once I got accepted I just kept at it. I used the Nike coaching feature and was hitting pr's every week basically, it was so awesome. This whole year, I have yet to hit a pr...I'm way slower also. I was running 5 times a week last year, then experienced horrible knee pain, so I figured I would only do 4 runs a week this year to keep it more conservative. I feel I have way more stamina this year though

I honestly have no clue how my marathon at the end of the month is going to go :lol:. I don't know what pace to start off or what to really shoot for besides a sub 4 hour time..:nerd:

Last edited:
Ran my first 5k and I'm hooked. Wanna run a couple more and then move up to a 10 k. :pimp:

Great job!!! Looking forward to my first 5km in October.

Thanks man! One of the most gratifying things I've done in my life. That feeling I got as I passed the finishline was amazing. You're gonna love it, man. Just signed up for another 5k next month! :lol: :pimp:

So lately I've been experiencing pain right below my knee, especially when I happen run up/down hills. I'm assuming this is what you guys call runner's knee? :lol: My friend's wife uses a little band that's supposed to help with that. Do these work? If so, can you guys recommend a specific brand/model?

alsa2009 alsa2009
I was going to mention to immediately find another sock liner for the Clifton 1s, since the ones that come with it are the only problem, but it looks like you already have things sorted out!

Yep... I read the reviews on Solereview about the sliding sockliner. They are pretty thin and flimsy. Also I already see signs of the wear on the midfoot outer sole. This kinda reminds me of my Saucony Kinvara 5. Wish they had a more durable rubber there.

If you're on NRC (formerly Nike+ Running), be sure to hashtag #NTrunning in your post. Under "Community", you'll be able to see a cumulative of all our collective mileage and a leaderboard. Maybe we can get an #NT #challenge going soon too?
nerd.gif

We are currently at 37mi.
Interesting - that comes up with "No Results Found" on mine, so my miles are probably not in that 37.

I'm going to try my H1 1 C3s tomorrow. Probably 3 miles. I'm worried about the cushioning but my old butt and bum knee might benefit from the cushion. I really want to get back to running. But it's been 100+ out here with the sun beaming down you in the desert and vultures circling over head lol.

Man my Hoka Clifton 2s came in today. Hit the treadmill while the kid was doing homework. These things are awesome. Can't wait to get em out on the road tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom