RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

any heel strikers in here?

recently experiencing some lower back / hip pains on my left side. I havent ran since Sunday, when the pain got increasingly worse during a run. The weight gain from Nov to Jan (10lbs) plus me going way too hard when i first started mid jan may have accounted to this. i've been icing for the past three days and taking over-the-counter pain killers (500mg) but the pain doesn't seem to subside. If this continues by Monday, I'm more than likely seeking treatment but just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what did you end up doing to remedy it.

I have had knee and lower back pain and I went to a physical therapist. He told me that I had weak hips. They gave me a plethora of hip strengthening exercises. Look em up on YouTube.

If I'm strictly running I refrain from taking preworkout. I do take BCAAs before my runs

Hey, man, could you kindly school me on BCAAs? I've been thinking of taking 'em as opposed to whey protein since I'm in no way of building a lot of muscle. I lift for strength/gains and run, and I was wondering if BCAAs could be some sort of alternative to whey. I've watched videos regarding BCAAs but I'm not too convinced just yet and I'd like to know from someone who takes it regularly, like yourself, about its pros and cons. Thanks in advance!

BCAA are instantly absorbed so it's usually best before cardio so you won't lose muscle mass

use the whey as a post workout for the days you don't run

Hey, man, could you kindly school me on BCAAs? I've been thinking of taking 'em as opposed to whey protein since I'm in no way of building a lot of muscle. I lift for strength/gains and run, and I was wondering if BCAAs could be some sort of alternative to whey. I've watched videos regarding BCAAs but I'm not too convinced just yet and I'd like to know from someone who takes it regularly, like yourself, about its pros and cons. Thanks in advance!

Helps maintain muscle mass and develop lean muscle mass, helps your body process protein, and muscle recovery

I supplement it with whey after my workouts.

Hope that helps

I ran for the first time in a month. I'm in Maryland. It was 34 degrees. I ran four miles in the Epic React. Not a bad shoe but not exactly a runner (I normally use the Brooks Beast or Clifton 3...and have a Vapor Fly 4%).

I was slow. But I'm going to try to get back in the rhythm of running two times a week. I have a half in May.

Zoom Tenacity 88 (AJ3 inspired)
20180313160433_original.jpg

20180313160427_original.jpg

20180313160428_original.jpg

20180313160424_original.jpg

just got a message that the Tenacity 88s are no available, $125: https://www.nike.com/t/jordan-zoom-tenacity-88-mens-running-shoe-ZMT1Tn/AV5878-100

still doesn't specify where the zooms at though:

CUSHIONED SUPPORT

The Jordan Zoom Tenacity 88 Men's Running Shoe features Nike Zoom Air cushioning for lightweight, responsive comfort during your workout.

Benefits

• Textile with synthetic overlays deliver comfortable support
  • Foam midsole with Nike Zoom Air unit for responsive cushioning
  • Durable rubber tread delivers excellent traction

From FNL under the regular Tenacity
https://www.finishline.com/store/rw...ity-running-shoes/prod2770927?responsive=true
  • Cushlon foam midsole for lightweight, plush cushioning
  • Zoom Air forefoot and heel units provide next-level responsiveness
    Flightspeed technology (Flight Plate over the Zoom Air unit) in the forefoot disburses your force for an explosive step
  • Rubber outsole provides multisurface traction
Essentially, a Vomero lol :nthat:

Ordering the TBs now.

Definitely. I went TTS. If I like how they feel and look IRL, I'll probably get a 2x to run in and the Black cw too!

You guys have any interesting run events coming up? I'm flying to Hong Kong this weekend for their Victoria 162 event. The have 3 different races on 3 consecutive days:

Day 1: 40km (12hr limit), 3,848m elevation
Day 2: 80km (25hr limit), 1,636m elevation
Day 3: 42km (15hr limit), 2,374m elevation

You can sign up for all 3 if you're crazy. I'm just doing to the 42km one. I have no idea what to expect, I heard there's a lot of stairs, which I hate.

We using anything other then Nike’s to run? Just got a couple pairs of Brooks. Tried it out yesterday and they were good. Felt really cushioned.

So i think my plantar fasciitis is returning, but only feel it on runs. Is there anything you guys recommend. I’m rolling my calf’s and feet out every day and stretches. Anything I’m missing besides ice? Would really like to keep running but might take a couple of weeks off.

Back
Top Bottom