RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

So i think my plantar fasciitis is returning, but only feel it on runs. Is there anything you guys recommend. I’m rolling my calf’s and feet out every day and stretches. Anything I’m missing besides ice? Would really like to keep running but might take a couple of weeks off.

I think rest is the best way. But I bought these off Amazon and they help a lot (just wear them when I sleep):

Amazon product ASIN B015791XUE
Amazon product ASIN B0057M3TWC

It's been a while NTrunning fam
IMG_5167.JPG

IMG_5151.JPG

Looks like a wonderful run. :smokin

What watches/trackers u guys using? Im looking for hr, local storage for music, gps tracking, and elevation tracking. I have the gear s3 right now and i dont really like it, looking to upgrade for a running/cycling specific watch.

I have an Apple series 2 I never use and a Garman 25. Think I have a Fitbit somewhere.

Have a half marathon in about a month. Because of the winter, haven’t prepared the way I should. I have a bad feeling, smh.

starting running again on a consistent basis

for my nt running fam using the nike run club app. feel free to add me user name is richie mcfly or post your guys username and I'll add you guys

Have the Marine Historic Half in less than a month.

Truth be told, I did a poor job prepping for the race. Just didn’t want to run during this inconsistent North East Winter/Early Spring.

Anyways, I ran 11 miles today. Probably a bad idea since the most I ran before was 8 Miles. Ran in the Epic Reacts. Definitely in pain/shock. But I should be fine tomorrow. Might run 10 Miles next weekend.

A friend asked me to run the Marine Marathon in October. Don’t think I’ll do it this year. I’d rather do a proper marathon preparation program.

Any NT runners in the tri-state area run the Nike 5K yesterday in Brooklyn?

Didn't realize this Choose Go was a global running event Nike was doing. Had it been a 10K, I think I would've registered. 5K, $50 reg and drive to Brooklyn on a Sunday evening wasn't worth it lol

Last edited:
What's the closest replacement to the nike+ system?

Everything else seems too involved. Just want something with calories, distance, and speed that I can stop and go.
Thx

What's the closest replacement to the nike+ system?

Everything else seems too involved. Just want something with calories, distance, and speed that I can stop and go.
Thx

The Nike Run Club app works pretty well for me, but I know there are other run trackers out there that are very similar.

been running in the Brooks Glycerin and love them but interested in getting something different for the summer runs.

What is the consensus on the Nike react running shoes?

I'e heard they are pretty good. Kinda in the same boat as ultraboosts. I'm more of a Hoka One One man myself. On that note, anyone tried those CopperFit insoles? Just ran in a pair and they are absolutely amazing.

Epic React, imo, are a better run shoe than the Ultraboost. The foam isn’t as squishy and has energy return. The Flyknit upper has a bit more structure/stability. I ran 10 miles in them yesterday. They’re not a bad shoe. If they did a V2, they might be able to fix some of the minor complaints with the shoe. Nike is putting out some solid running options with the Vapor Fly 4%, Epic React, Epic Odyssey, Pegasus 35, etc.

Having said that, the Epic Odyssey is probably a better more stable ride with more durability.

The Nike skyelux is the most under the radar runner I've ever tried on.

It's like lunar on top of lunar.
Like boost but less squishy

JORDAN TENACITY 88 PRE CLASSIC
When Jordan Brand athlete Erik Kynard (high jump) hits Eugene, Oregon’s, famed Hayward Field this weekend for the 2018 Prefontaine Classic, he will do so in special-edition 50/50 split block infrared/volt Jumpman footwear and uniform. The look, which draws from the the Nike Zoom Jasari — the distance spike that lit up Atlanta’s tracks in ’96 (the same year Jordan himself returned to championship glory to cap a 72-win season) — ties together Nike’s track and field heritage and Jordan Brand’s commitment to the sport.

Fittingly, Kynard will be joined in wearing 50/50 footwear by Nike athletes Matt Centrowitz (1500) and Renaud Levellenie (pole vault).

And the Jordan Tenacity 88 will take the colorway off the track with limited pairs releasing at Nike Eugene on May 25.

20180525085553_original.jpg

jordan-zoom-tenacity-88-pre-classic-volt-infrared-release-001.jpg

Any bikers in here? I’m a novice and I just wanna see how I compare to others. I know some cyclists put up crazy numbers so I’m just curious

This is typical for me, I’m about to step it up to 20 miles and up my resistance but I need something to watch while I’m at the gym :lol: 20 would take me about 70-75 min

I do resistance level 12 out of 25 and my METs are usually about 5.0-5.3. started tracking METs to try to see if the machine had an accurate calorie count
86251CC7-D960-4173-BD26-C50F4DCC57EB.png

It’s easy for me now so I need to switch it up but I want to maybe find a new routine instead of just upping time/resistance

Reactions: HIM
Fellas, anyone having issues with Nike+ account on the desktop? (not the app)

The activity section has completely disappeared in My Account, been about two weeks now. No link

32438435-11A8-4307-A5B8-7C299EA68235.jpeg

Day 3 of my 50-miler training schedule. Hot day today though - schedule has me doing morning and afternoon 4-milers, so I took the opportunity to compare 500-mile Cliftons to a fresh pair. A lot more bounce in the new pair but still nothing like vaporflys. I’ll be happy if I can squeeze 500 miles out of these, but I might still use the old pair a bit more. Definitely not using either of them on race day since it’s a trail race.

I'e heard they are pretty good. Kinda in the same boat as ultraboosts. I'm more of a Hoka One One man myself. On that note, anyone tried those CopperFit insoles? Just ran in a pair and they are absolutely amazing.

The Clifton 1 and 3 are my go to runners... Absolutely love them... I've ran in 3 different type Adidas boosts. I've ran in the Brooks Revennas, Saucony Guide, Saucony Kinvaras, Saucony ISO triumph, and the Nike Peg 33... None seem to give me that sweet cushion like these...

20180801_221517.jpg

900x900px-LL-bfb1b539_20160916_101331.jpeg
900x900px-LL-f433624d_20151206_091824.jpeg
900x900px-LL-854a9fb4_20150712_224712.jpeg
900x900px-LL-32b0e41a_20150712_230704.jpeg
900x900px-LL-2e32a592_20151010_132548.jpeg

Attachments

• 900x900px-LL-ff36802f_20150811_224745-1.jpeg
    900x900px-LL-ff36802f_20150811_224745-1.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1
32438435-11A8-4307-A5B8-7C299EA68235.jpeg

Day 3 of my 50-miler training schedule. Hot day today though - schedule has me doing morning and afternoon 4-milers, so I took the opportunity to compare 500-mile Cliftons to a fresh pair. A lot more bounce in the new pair but still nothing like vaporflys. I’ll be happy if I can squeeze 500 miles out of these, but I might still use the old pair a bit more. Definitely not using either of them on race day since it’s a trail race.
What 50 miler you running? Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom