RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

what’s the triple crown in sd? Looking for a new challenge to try this year. Just did the Zion half marathon last weekend. Such amazing views
CE3765DD-9D75-4AE4-BEAF-F24769440ED4.jpeg

nice. How was it and is it family friendly? If I wanted to make a trip out of it and take a toddler and the wife.

nice. How was it and is it family friendly? If I wanted to make a trip out of it and take a toddler and the wife.
I'd take my family, I was supposed to take them this time around but my wife flaked and said it would be too cold :lol: which it was when we started it was 39 degrees. I'd take gloves if you do decide to do it. My hands were numb for the first 3 miles since it was so cold. It is very family friendly, get a hotel near the national park, which is where the finish line is.

since nike hasnt dove into max cushioned meta rocker runners (yet) and wont take my money for the AFs... i got to try something new as a daily trainer

and love runnignwarehouse and their free overnight shipping to LA
rincon.jpg

I LOVE hokas for running.

Probably my favorite to run in.

Was going to get another pair but I found these at Burlington for 25 bucks

20200302_131116.jpg

There's a new hoka model coming out called the tennine

Looks interesting

HOKA-ONE-ONE-TENNINE-Release-Info-0.jpg

those hokas are insane and cost $250 and you cant even wear it to drive wherever you are trail running :lol:

its funny because they market it as a great downhill trail running shoes but you have to go up the trail first and is the shoe any good for that? :rofl:

you got to start somewhere but once you get your groove back reach that mythical runners high, you gon be logging in miles daily

Hokas are my go to runners on them sluggish days. When the legs are exhausted from running all week.

20180801_221517.jpg

Other than that I'm in my Turbos...

IMG_20200404_161024.jpg
20191022_174346.jpg

I think it was posted in another thread but what TENs/shock therapy do you guys use?

I know the hyper ice is recommended as a massager.

I have arthritis in my right knee. And the weeks in which I run 3X can take a toll. Thanks.

I think someone recommended one of these:

Last edited:
I’m always more on top of my lifting goals but still try to run to keep active.

With running I’m always trying to keep it new with an updated goal. Whether it be distance or time goals I usually just keep it mentally fresh. Last couple months has been the goal of 5k under 20 mins. Don’t have an active coach but just use the NRC coach as a guide.

Running stagnant at this time with a 6:58 pace and a time of 21:50. Apple Watch used and HR at about 180 (unreliable I know). Keeping this goal for another round (2 months til I try for time again), any guides, plans, ideas to up the pace?

Attachments

• 8DEDE228-3C72-4F3A-9DDA-606B07AD9062.png
    8DEDE228-3C72-4F3A-9DDA-606B07AD9062.png
    471.2 KB · Views: 53
I’m always more on top of my lifting goals but still try to run to keep active.

With running I’m always trying to keep it new with an updated goal. Whether it be distance or time goals I usually just keep it mentally fresh. Last couple months has been the goal of 5k under 20 mins. Don’t have an active coach but just use the NRC coach as a guide.

Running stagnant at this time with a 6:58 pace and a time of 21:50. Apple Watch used and HR at about 180 (unreliable I know). Keeping this goal for another round (2 months til I try for time again), any guides, plans, ideas to up the pace?
that is awesome!!! What shoes are you running in? So I train in max cushion Saucony Triumph 17s and do easy long runs throughout the week. When it is time to do timed running I switch to a lighter Nike zoom fly or any shoe that is light with great energy return/carbon fiber plate. The carbon fiber plate makes your stride more efficient and I can honestly see you shaving off 2-3 minutes off your 5k time by just switching shoes.

that is awesome!!! What shoes are you running in? So I train in max cushion Saucony Triumph 17s and do easy long runs throughout the week. When it is time to do timed running I switch to a lighter Nike zoom fly or any shoe that is light with great energy return/carbon fiber plate. The carbon fiber plate makes your stride more efficient and I can honestly see you shaving off 2-3 minutes off your 5k time by just switching shoes.

speed work usually in my NB Fuelcell Rebels.

had some next% but returned them a while back but due for another pair. Everyday workhorses have been IR and Pegasus but probably will get either the Fuelcell FC or some vaporfly/Alphafly whenever

speed work usually in my NB Fuelcell Rebels.

had some next% but returned them a while back but due for another pair. Everyday workhorses have been IR and Pegasus but probably will get either the Fuelcell FC or some vaporfly/Alphafly whenever
I am eyeing some Saucony Endorphin pros but nervous about the sizing. I can vouch for the zoom fly 1s, I got them from ebay for $60 and ran my fastest mile ever out the box without any training. It made running seem effortless.

im curious about the endorphins pro because i am curious how theyve managed to pretty much make boost so damn light and the three stripes keeps em feeling like bricks but goddamn release some nice colorways

this is why some of these companies fail to hype up their stuff, it looks like any other saucony with bland colorways

if yall want me interested in the shoes, make em look good to be noticed by me and make me want to wear them especially in a market that is being flooded with plated runners

my goal is to run 200 mile for the month, i wasnt paying as much attention but had i known i was ~7miles to get to 250, i might have pushed my 8miles run today to get there, days not over yet though....

389DFCBA-7228-46DB-A3CB-A52EAA3D9A2C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom