RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I never stretch before a run :nerd:, just take it slow at first.

Pre run food is always powerbars. I'll eat oatmeal when I wake up a lot of times, or just a banana. I also drink gaterade before the run usually

I stretch after I finish, though. Get home and foam roll

Last week during my 18 mile run, I ate those gaterade energy chews during my run. I really think they helped out. I opened the pack and put 3 in plastic wrap really tight and small, put 3 sets in different pockets.

Last edited:
I have been running for years but it's always been in Asics. I'm thinking about trying some Nikes this year. I've narrowed it down to the Vomero 11, Pegasus 33, Structure 19, and the Elite 8. I'm a bigger dude 6'3, and I need something with grip, a thick sole for comfort on longer runs, and a tight-to-semi loose upper. I'm a forefoot striker 70% of the time so I need support up front. Which one do you guys recommend?

So when are we going to pull together an #ntrunning team for Hood to Coast?! It's on my bucket list!

Do you
Do you run in the epics? If so, what do you think of them?

Casually and for work... I LOVE them! I'll probably start running in them in a month or two...

Was your Nike .1 higher?  I had that issue, too, but I think it was because I would drift backwards on the treadmill, then move forward - over time that might have happened enough to cause a slight difference.

Ray, I haven't run in my Epics, yet.  I'm assuming that when they go to the LunarTempo 3, it will have that same outsole, so I'll wait and run in those.

The new sole feels great! I wonder how long they'll last though...

Trying to delete a few duplicate shoes that suddenly appeared with the upgrade. For the life of me, I can't find the 'retire a shoe' option. FML. Now the leaderboard is on the fritz...very frustrating.

On another note, my runs today. Hit 100 miles for the month. Will see where I end up by the end of the month....

Hit 100 today also, nice :pimp:

Nice, bros! I'll be joining the 100mi club with y'all this weekend! I need to log at least 8.8mi to clinch my eighth straight 100mi month. :smokin

As for my pre-run routine... First, I usually empty my bladder because I don't like to stop because it messes up my rhythm :lol:. Then, I stretch for about 5 minutes and do deep breathing. Last year, I didn't stretch at all. With stretching, I found myself getting faster a lot sooner.

Last edited:
This update is horrible :x

First time using it since updating & there was a point where I said, "Ok, I know I've at least ran a mile" & I check my phone & it wasn't even tracking my run :smh:

So I hit start again, check on it later in the run & it wasn't tracking my run AGAIN :smh: :smh:

I set my run to 5 today and it didn't even notify me when I finished. When i ended it, Kevin heart was the person congratulating me :lol:

Last edited:
today's run on the beach....nice and easy so I can sight see. lol.

On another note, I purchased a pair of adidas ultra boost NMDs today. Any opinions on them? How are they to run in?

Last edited:
Casually and for work... I LOVE them! I'll probably start running in them in a month or two...
The new sole feels great! I wonder how long they'll last though...

Nice, bros! I'll be joining the 100mi club with y'all this weekend! I need to log at least 8.8mi to clinch my eighth straight 100mi month. :smokin

As for my pre-run routine... First, I usually empty my bladder because I don't like to stop because it messes up my rhythm :lol:. Then, I stretch for about 5 minutes and do deep breathing. Last year, I didn't stretch at all. With stretching, I found myself getting faster a lot sooner.

I've come to enjoy stretching now. The beginning was tough and I hated it. It's gotten easier over time and my running has improved because of it. I think it was harder for me to stretch vs actual running. Lol

one day I'll get my lazy *** up and get to jogging... even though I cant even jog for a straight mile..

Any advices for this old man ?

I set my run to 5 today and it didn't even notify me when I finished. When i ended it, Kevin heart was the person congratulating me :lol:

I thought my mind was playing tricks on me today. I normally listen to "I heart" radio when I run. So when I finished, I thought Kevin was speaking on behalf of the "I Heart" concert coming up. It was actually him congratulating me on my run as well.

I've been in the sub 7's this month. Had to stop running the trails as it was brutally wearing on my legs. Plus I forgot how fast I actually run on pavement.

On another note I see a pair of Hoka One One Clifton in pristine conditon for $64. Just wondering do they run true to size and is the toe box narrow. I sold my Saucony Kinvara 5s and Iso's and wanna try something out of from Nike and Adidas boost.

On another note I see a pair of Hoka One One Clifton in pristine conditon for $64. Just wondering do they run true to size and is the toe box narrow. I sold my Saucony Kinvara 5s and Iso's and wanna try something out of from Nike and Adidas boost.

For the cliftons, it depends on the version. The first ones were narrow, but for me still tts and the width broke in quite nicely. I've read that the 2nd ones were a bit more narrow as well as uncompromising so they wouldn't break in like v1. And for V3, it is still tts for me, but is a bit more comfortable at first than v1. I haven't run in V3 yet, but I can already tell the lacing situation is much better. Which version are you looking at?

I need a beater pair. I was using Brooks Beast 14 since I'm flat footed. But they're more than a year old. I bought a pair of Clifton 3s. I've only walked in them so far. I feel like there might be some stability issues with how big he cushion/mid sole is. But I'll try them out in a day or two.

I'm also interested in the Kayano 23s.

For the cliftons, it depends on the version. The first ones were narrow, but for me still tts and the width broke in quite nicely. I've read that the 2nd ones were a bit more narrow as well as uncompromising so they wouldn't break in like v1. And for V3, it is still tts for me, but is a bit more comfortable at first than v1. I haven't run in V3 yet, but I can already tell the lacing situation is much better. Which version are you looking at?

Version 1's
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOKA-ONE-OR...363035?hash=item43f33850db:g:g2YAAOSwIgNXrIBg

I thought the first version had the most comfort.

That's a good price even for slightly used. V1s are comfortable and over an ounce lighter than V3. You won't find much cheaper anymore. I'm still watching out for a good size 11 in V1, but the $100 pair on ebay is just a bit too much for me

That's a good price even for slightly used. V1s are comfortable and over an ounce lighter than V3. You won't find much cheaper anymore. I'm still watching out for a good size 11 in V1, but the $100 pair on ebay is just a bit too much for me

Yes the price is nice. From various reviews I know the V2 was a no go. So it's a toss up between V1s and V3s. Passed on a pair of V3s same color you have.

I have been running for years but it's always been in Asics. I'm thinking about trying some Nikes this year. I've narrowed it down to the Vomero 11, Pegasus 33, Structure 19, and the Elite 8. I'm a bigger dude 6'3, and I need something with grip, a thick sole for comfort on longer runs, and a tight-to-semi loose upper. I'm a forefoot striker 70% of the time so I need support up front. Which one do you guys recommend?

Are you a neutral runner or pronator? If neutral, go with Vomero but if you pronate, look into the Odyssey

I need a beater pair. I was using Brooks Beast 14 since I'm flat footed. But they're more than a year old. I bought a pair of Clifton 3s. I've only walked in them so far. I feel like there might be some stability issues with how big he cushion/mid sole is. But I'll try them out in a day or two.

I'm also interested in the Kayano 23s.

If your used to running in the Beast, Cliftons won't have enough stability for you. Look into the Vanquish if you want to try a Hoka with stability or wait to try the Kayano

I've been running for about 3 years now. I must say I've had my ups and downs when it comes to running and proper form. When I first started out, I was 270lbs. Since then I've lost 70 lbs and I'm currently 220. It took me a while to get my breathing right. After every run my legs would burn like crazy not being use to running. Knowing little about shoes at this time, my first pair of shoes were the Nike Wildhorse which are trail shoes. My first year I sprained my ankle something serious. It took months to finally get to the point where I was able to run again.

My second year was brutal. I was out on a morning uptempo run. I finished and felt great afterwards. Later that day I notice I had a pulling and nagging pain in the back of the leg. On top of that, my inner thigh was on fire and I could barley walk. Come to find out I pulled a hamstring and pulled a muscle in my groin area in the same leg. I was down for about 5 months. Then I started gaining weight (eating comfort foods) thinking to myself I was gonna heal and run the weight off soon. I then gained 20lbs. Before my injuries, I was really starting to get serious about running during my second year.

My third year rolled around and my running form was still undeveloped. It would be times I could barely walk from lower calf pains and shin splints. I spent a lot of time reading and doing research on stretching and running form. This is when I found I pronate, and thought I needed a stability shoe. Nike Structure 18's but never wore them. The shoes were heavy and hurt the arch part of my foot. I then looked into custom insoles and purchased the Speno Ironman. So even though I pronate, I'm able to run in neutral shoes. It took a long time to get a proper running form together.

Joined a couple of my #NTrunning brethren in the 100mi club for the month! That puts me at eight consecutive months of 100mi months for 2016!

I felt like [emoji]128169[/emoji] for the first 6mi because of pizza [emoji]128533[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji] However, I eventually broke out of feeling sluggish... I really wanted to hit 100 on this run, so I clinched it by running 36 straight laps around the track right before work! [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
Joined a couple of my #NTrunning brethren in the 100mi club for the month! That puts me at eight consecutive months of 100mi months for 2016!

I felt like [emoji]128169[/emoji] for the first 6mi because of pizza [emoji]128533[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji] However, I eventually broke out of feeling sluggish... I really wanted to hit 100 on this run, so I clinched it by running 36 straight laps around the track right before work! [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Great job bro. The streak continues...

NMDs are just a fashion shoe, so, don't run in them.

Thanks man. I just read up on them. Looks like I bought the wrong type of shoe. Serves me right for straying outside my Nike comfort zone. Lol

If I were to purchase an ultraboost shoe to try, any recommendations?

Last edited:
COaching Cross COuntry for the first time this year. Middle School.

Never coached it before.

Coached Track and Basketball.

Any suggestions?

Never noticed this thread before

I never stretch before a run :nerd:, just take it slow at first.

Pre run food is always powerbars. I'll eat oatmeal when I wake up a lot of times, or just a banana. I also drink gaterade before the run usually

I stretch after I finish, though. Get home and foam roll

Last week during my 18 mile run, I ate those gaterade energy chews during my run. I really think they helped out. I opened the pack and put 3 in plastic wrap really tight and small, put 3 sets in different pockets.

I will give this a try. Thanks for the suggestions

Back
Top Bottom