Sacramento Kings season thread | 32-48 | 4/13 @ HOU 5pm

If Rudy opting in, best believe Vlade & Vivek will trade him for second rounders in 2020 or somethin 
laugh.gif

Don't think anyone does lmao, well maybe LA but... Who knows? *shurgs*

Him nor Tatum will be available by the time we pick anyway.

Part of me cannot get the thought of us messing up this draft out of my head. Basketball gods please prove me wrong

Last edited:
Lets review the picks who panned out:
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Hedo Turkoglu
- Jason Williams
- Peja Stojakovic

There have been a few that were decent like Cisco and KMart but were not major factors in making the team successful or became all-stars.

Point being, in a loaded draft like this we're gonna screw up in a major way.

I ran into Douby at Arco in '08 during the high school section tournament. He was listed at 6'2" but I'd say that's generous of the NBA. He definitely was not 6'2"

He's been better than I expected. He has a low release point on his shot so he's going to need to create space between himself and lengthy defenders pretty much his whole career. I'm not sold on him being the next curry, but who is?

I agree with the release, good point. Other things I've noticed in his game is that he's not very springy whatsoever. Seems like he has to put his might into dunking it lol. Plays below the rim but can shoot the ball and do so with confidence. Would like to see him develop his handles and keep making good ball decisions heading into next year.

I think the main thing with Buddy is that unlike in NOLA, he's seeing the ball a lot more in his hands and his relied upon to score. Whereas with the Pels, it was more of getting the ball to AD and if he can't score kick it out to a "shooter"

But I'm glad he's doing well with us. Hopefully he sticks with us after his rookie contract expires cause I'm sure he'll really develop really well.

It would be nice to see Buddy become a key player for this rebuild...since they traded away Boogie for him.

With Gay probably opting into the contract, what are the chances of the Kings being able to sign some players? Do they have the cap space?

Collison, Lawson, and Evans are all off the books after this season. If they don't extend the QO to McLemore we're looking at around $30M in cap room.

What's up with the news of the Kings requesting to speak with Sam Hinkie? Vivek already wants Vlade out? lol

If the Kings get Hinkie then they put themselves in a position to succeed even though it might be in 2025, lol I am a fan of the Vivek, Hinkie team. That will be pure entertainment. lol

If the Kings get Hinkie then they put themselves in a position to succeed even though it might be in 2025, lol I am a fan of the Vivek, Hinkie team. That will be pure entertainment. lol

The entertainment factor is very intriguing. The carnival will continue to be nonstop in Sacramento. At this point they should entertain the idea of letting Peaches be GM and Carmichael Dave being team nutritionist.

Back
Top Bottom