Safe to un-DS?: 00 Air Jordan VI Infared

Considering the shoes have been taken care of.

Owners of this retro, anything to watch for?

Thanks.

If you're light on your feet you *might* be able to break them in by gently wearing them for a few minutes.

Personally, speaking i still wouldn't risk it though.

They should hold up pretty well depending on how they were stored. Here's my experience: I have some I UN-DS'd about 2 years ago. I rocked them about1-4 times a month.over that time. The worst damage had been in the last 6 months. You can probably expect the black paint to crack on the heels and outer &inner soles. This happened before the soles started to turn yellow. The soles started to turn yellow a few times after wearing them, but the ice on the sides(around the air bubble and front sole) are still very icy and have not turned yellow at all, surprisingly. On my right shoe, the sole is starting to detach asthere is a small gap between the rubber toe and foam sole on the outside. I can also see the upper suede separating a little from the sole, but its not toobad.
The toebox didn't crease as bad as I expected and have held up very well. I still wear mine as the only thing that bothered me the most was the crackingpaint. The sole-separation is pretty small, but it may need a very small touch of glue. If you care about looks, no one can see these flaws on my shoes whenI'm wearing them. I got a lot of nice comments when picking up the 6/17 pack. I have no regrets UN_DS'ing these.
Any recomendations on the best adhesive to use on the sole? I have to be careful because too strong a glue may mess up the foam. Thanks in advance for anyadvice.

Here's some pics to see what I was talking about. I usually use a marker to touch us the crack paint. The left shoe in the first pic is after I touch up,the right one need a re-touch up. These cracks can't be seen anyway when you're wearing them.

the soles look hard, if they are hard and not rubbery as soon as you wear them they will crack and die.

Back
Top Bottom